OOC- Chapter 3- Over, Under, and Through- General Discussion

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: OOC- Chapter 3- Over, Under, and Through- General Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

That would be a pretty good bet...but I don't think you'll get any takers. :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

moving here to keep the chatter IC down:
Mr Zombie killer wrote:(First of all if it comes to a fight who would get to fire first and second of all how would Bo or Bob know all about the firefight on the hotel balcony and everyone's death when thier characters had left already?) Can you please answer me these questions Mr. Handy then I will post my characters reaction?
Mr. Handy wrote:Bo and Bob don't know about the shootout at the motel. They do know that McCain removed Captain Lereux from command. I think Bob is simply lying by saying Lereux and others were killed. He exaggerated about the number of SAW gunners as well - there were only two, and one died shortly after the USAF arrived. Likewise, there were only two M203 grenade launchers. Of course, Flynn and Alvarez have no way of knowing this.)
yeah, it's mostly embellishing the truth a lil' (he had no way of knowing about more than one M203 launcher, the 'several' snipers were two, etc etc), but the core issues stated stand.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be updating Through tomorrow night. There are still a couple of characters there who haven't acted yet this round, and I'd rather not skip their actions at this point. I also don't have much time tonight (it's going to be a pretty big update), but I expect to on Thursday. I am going to update Over, however. If you haven't posted for a character of yours in Through, you should do so within the next 24 hours.

EDIT: Didn't have time tonight to update, and I haven't had much sleep all week, so it'll be another day before I get to it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

Hey Mr. Handy could you make the next spot hidden roll for Black?
Now it's just getting annoying of the past six rolls I've made (3 for black 3 tests) only one was a pass :evil: .
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No problem, I'll gladly roll Spot Hidden for you next time. And don't worry, it won't be long before the zombies are close enough that you'll be able to see them without rolling Spot Hidden. :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've been busy this week, but I should have some time to make some major updates starting Thursday night. Some players haven't posted for some of their characters in a while, so they might want to take this chance to do so before I start updating.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Now that the game has been underway for a while and players are getting used to how things work, I won't always prompt you about which skills to use from now on. I will still do so sometimes, but not always. You are free to make rolls against skills when you think it is appropriate (and some players have already started doing this), though there may be bonuses or penalties due to how difficult the task is that I will apply later. Some of these are standard, and you already know about them (-5% for aiming at a zombie's head, -5% to Spot Hidden/Listen for wearing a Kevlar helmet, and so on). Others depend on the situation. I'll try to let you know about them in advance when possible. I may make rolls such as Spot Hidden and Listen for you, but you can also roll them yourself when you are actively searching or observing. If you roll Spot Hidden on your own, you should indicate what you're searching, which direction you're looking, or the like.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

I :twisted:

Ah... the Under story..... An evil comes true!
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yeah, that was great - and it's just getting started! I can hardly wait for Wimrock to post so I can update Under again and find out what happens next. Those were some incredible die rolls I had.

The best thing is, it can happen again! :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
xgmx
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years

hi

Post by xgmx »

Hi, can I play?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: hi

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, of course you can play! Welcome, xgmx! You'll need to look over a few threads before you start, but there are still several new characters available for you to choose from.

The Character Selection and Discussion thread here is where you'll find instructions for choosing your characters. All characters have been built for you, so all you have to do is look them over and pick them. When you are ready to make your choices, you'll post them in that thread. Then I'll send you their secrets in a PM, and once you've caught up on their stories you can start. If you don't want to read the first two chapters (they're good but incredibly long), you'll want to choose only characters that were introduced in Chapter 3.

The characters themselves are listed in the Character Sheets thread here. They are grouped into three major sections, each with subgroups that also tell you in which chapter they joined the story. You'll probably want the ones under the Chapter 3 headings.

If you do want to read the first two chapters, you can find links to them in The Story So Far here.

The Out Of Character Discussion thread here is for general discussion of the game. This post should be in that thread, and I'll merge your new thread with it soon. In general, you should not create new threads.

The Rules and Guidelines thread here contains information you'll need in order to understand the rules and play the game, including how to roll dice on Invisible Castle.

You should only read the IC threads that contain the characters you choose. You can find out which threads those are by looking in the Locations thread here. The top part shows the current location of each character along with a thread history so you can trace their paths and catch up. The bottom part tells you what each character is carrying and which skills they've used successfully.

The following Chapter 3 characters are still available in the following sections:
OVER
Sergeant Diane Ford

THROUGH
USAF:
2nd Lieutenant Rebecca Doolittle
Airman Brian Kincaid
Airman Thomas Cole

Rough Riders:
Amanda Deeds
Lisa Crow
Sue Newton
Colin Lewis
Joe Soarez

You should choose one from each group if you want three characters. If you don't want to play Diane Ford, you should choose one USAF character and two Rough Riders. You are free to choose less than three characters if you don't want that many.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: hi

Post by Raiko »

xgmx wrote:Hi, can I play?
Xgmx: I nearly banned you due to the other thread that you posted on this forum, but as you’ve expressed an interest in joining Zombie Apocalypse, I will give you one chance to prove you are genuine.

I’ve sent you a Private Message, please reply to that message before posting elsewhere on this forum.

If you are genuine, then I hope you enjoy participating in ZA.

Otherwise you’ll be banned.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm on vacation for the next two weeks. The good news is that over the next few days I'll have more time to post than normal, and I'll be able to post during the day. However, I'll be leaving for London late on April 30 and won't be back until May 8. It's possible that I'll have Internet access during that time, but even if I do it's highly unlikely that I'll have time to update Zombie Apocalypse. I plan to update everything shortly before I leave and again shortly after I return (late on May 8 or during the day on May 9).

Some of my players are Keepers of games that I'm playing in. If I can get Internet access for at least a little bit, I may still be able to post, but my posting would not be too frequent. It's also possible I'll be unable to post at all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by OathinBlood »

Where are you going?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

London, as I said. I'll be attending a convention the weekend after this one where Amanda Tapping is the guest of honor, and then I'll be spending a few days seeing the sights. I was in London before almost 8 years ago, but there were some things I missed the first time that I'd like to see. I'll be staying right near the British Museum, so I'll be sure to check that out. I also want to see the Imperial War Rooms and the HMS Belfast, and I'm sure I'll think of plenty of other places I'd like to visit as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by OathinBlood »

Oh, I missed that. Now I feel stupid. Anyways, I hope you have fun. I've never been to Europe myself, but I'd like to go one day. I am rather more inclined to go to more 'exotic' places on vacations, though. Africa, India, and especially Indonesia/Indochina are my favorites.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! Don't worry about it, it's easy to miss just one word. There are lots of places I haven't been that I'd like to see someday. My last trip to London was the only time I've been out of the country before, and there are huge parts of the USA I've never seen as well (never been west of central Pennsylvania or south of Virginia, for instance).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

Next time you should go to the mainland as well. ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I had wanted to, but it wouldn't really have been feasible considering the amount of time I had. Maybe next time, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 5 months