IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Kathryn could see no movement in any direction, and the only thing of interest in the area was the farm, which looked deserted.

After reviewing the maps, Gardner considered the time factor. Warren AFB was about 240 miles to the west, close to Cheyenne, Wyoming. The maps wouldn't help much once he reached the Wyoming border, but by then he'd be almost there. The only problem would be getting around Cheyenne itself, which was no doubt overrun by the dead. At 60 miles per hour, he could make it there in four hours. Since western Nebraska and Wyoming were on Mountain time rather than Central, that would actually gain him an hour, so if he didn't make any stops he could reach it by 6:00 PM. Sunset was about 7:00 PM, so he had some time to spare.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner can think of several uses for the digital camera... He shakes his head to clear it, albeit temporarily, of the dirty thoughts in his head. He transfers everything from the trunk to the passenger seat (OOC: I have WoD: Police, and WoD: Armoury and one of those has the details of what police cars contain in America, could I post that to you and you can remove anything previously used/taken and then re-submit? Coz those cars contain a lot if I remember rightly - can't check that until Monday, though). Gardner removes one of his MREs and sighs. "Move to the far end of your seat and face the other window with your knees tucked up against your chest and give them a hug. You do that and I'll give you something to eat. Screw the farm. That's just gonna get us killed. Sooner we get to Warren, the better."

The thought of Warren taking out those who approached dwelled on his mind. The helicopter people seemed pretty keen on the idea. While he didn't believe them, that didn't mean they didn't believe it. "Any idea how we might be able to get to communicate with Warren a bit earlier? Y'know, without losing too much time?" He hesitates. "Make sure they're still untaken by zombies?" he adds rapidly, trying to remove any suspicion that he was now taking the others warnings to heart.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(That works for me. That would be a much more complete list than what I could think of off the top of my head. Just send me the list of stuff that should be there when you get around to it. Also, Gardner and Kathryn should roll Idea about ways to communicate. You might want to read the last few pages of Chapter 2 if you haven't already, or review them if you have. There were conversations over the radio between the helicopter and Gardner and Kathryn before they arrived at the airfield.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I left all com units at the tower, I was kind of tied up... Maybe there´s some device on the farm to call in help on?" while she talks she faces the other end of the couch and complies with the instructions. She contemplates the communications options for a while...."We could..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Kathryn realized that there probably wouldn't be any useful communications equipment on the farm, unless someone there was a ham radio operator and had a shortwave. She did remember something from when she was in the tower monitoring the radio traffic in the late morning and early afternoon. There had been some mention by aircraft belonging to the USAF of a forward position that Warren AFB had established east of the actual base, in southwestern Nebraska. It was apparently at a truck stop located off of I-80, about halfway between Kimball and Sidney. If there were personnel from Warren stationed there, perhaps they knew of a way to get back on the base or communicate with it. It would take about three hours to drive there from here, maybe a little more, and it was on the way to Warren anyway.

(I'll still need an Idea roll from Gardner, as he may think of something else that Kathryn isn't aware of.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"..reach one of the USAF recon crafts in South Nebraska. I heard of a forward observing detail stationed there. Would save us a few hours at least. They might know of proper protocol to reach WAFB." Kat adjusts her blooded shirt so it covers her assets better.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

After Gardner loads the equipment from the trunk onto the passenger seat, he then opens the back door, and drops off the emergency blankets (she looked cold), two gallons of water, and an MRE, while he considered the various possibilities.

The equipment on the passenger seat includes: a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit, road flares and hazard markers, five gallons of water, crime scene tape, tyre rippers, a crowbar, a lug wrench, a folding shovel, rain gear, and a radar or laser-speed gun. He leaves the evidence collection and drug identification kits in the trunk.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat wraps one blanket around the shoulders and gets some energy from the water and the ration. "...thanks!"
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner heads off, musing to himself. "Say, don't suppose you know what's up ahead on this here road?"

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"No, I don´t go this way normally. No help here!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Gardner drove onwards after locking Kathryn in the rear compartment again. About a mile beyond the farm, he could see an overpass ahead. A north-south highway, which he could identify on the maps as Route 183, was about ten feet above the road they were currently on. Route 183 went north to the town of Holdrege and south towards the Kansas border. There were no ramps nearby from which to gain access to Route 183 from this road. The road continued on to the west through an underpass beneath the highway. Though it was mid-afternoon and there was still plenty of sunlight, much of the underpass was shadowed and dim.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Corporal Gardner! What if there´s a road block benaeath that overpass? You better be prepared to do some serious evasive driving and slam the brakes to get us out of there...but then again it might be nothing." Kat flicks the night shot adjuster on the digital to split the shadows into shades of grey and white. "Hold on I´ll see what I can make out of this..."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Using her digital camera, Kathryn could tell that the underpass was clear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"There is no threat under the overpass, beware of the above, though... Keep top speed if someone - something tries to throw something to knock out the car."
Lets get to that base in one piece - I don´t fancy walking the road being chased by infected guys. "And will you please release that safety lock on the rear doors? I would like to get out if there is an accident!"
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"One more hour and then I'll let you sit up front," says Gardner thoughtfully. "Keep an eye on the top of the overpass." He'll drive quickly under the pass, then - if nothing happens - stop the car and reach for the spike trap.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Gardner drove through the underpass and to the other side without incident. There was no movement visible on the highway overhead. He stopped on the other side and picked up the spike strip.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner can't help but smile at Kathryn as he draws out the spike strip and attempts to hide it on the underpass, doing a lackluster job of it, lurking it within the shadows, and kicking up some dust and dirt up and over it - though no more than is usually present for it. A shame there were no abandoned cars he could park halfway across it. Force the others to go around and over the spikes. Still, this would have to do. Then he gets back into the car and drives off into the distance, pausing within sight of the overpass, and those who have yet to even reach the overpass, hoping to galvanise the others into action when they see what he's done.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat keeps an eye at the overpass as Gardner parks the cruiser out of sight from the 'tunnel'.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The cruiser is actually visible from the tunnel, and even from beyond the tunnel on the other side.)

On the road-
Gardner stopped the car in his selected location and waited. A couple of minutes passed, and so far there was no movement on either the road or the overpass.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Gardner - they will spot us from miles away, shouldn´t we move these wheels out of sight and position ourselves on a ridge, then take them out as they remove the spikes or the flats?"
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”