IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(It was just a tremor, and a fairly mild one at that. It didn't seem to be coming from any direction other than below. If you want to know more you could make a Geology roll, but the base skill is only 1% and it's unlikely any of you will succeed.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Cuchulain »

"Alright - but quickly now, please. There's battle to get to!" Coltrane waits impatiently.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by John Gaunt »

"Now what the hell was that?" Malanowski mutters to himself as he scans the horizon for telltale mushroom clouds.
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

"Alright Malanowski you can come on up."

In the Comm Room-

"Maybe we should see if Warren felt that."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel roof-
The men on the roof were startled a bit by the tremor, but not adversely affected by it.

In the comm room-
"I doubt they felt it," said Lt. Curtis, "unless it was a lot stronger and the epicenter was much closer to them. Still, I was about to call them anyway to tell them about it. Mikhalin, connect me to Warren."

Mikhalin complied, and soon Lt. Colonel Carmichael spoke. "Carmichael here," he said.

"Sir, this is Lt. Curtis. We just felt a mild earth tremor. Have you detected anything? Has a nuclear weapon been detonated?"

"No, Lieutenant, the detonation of that missile base is still ten minutes away. A tremor? That is unusual for your neck of the woods. We've felt nothing like that here, and there were no reports of anything like it from any of the missile bases."

"Thank you, sir." He got on the radio. "This is Lt. Curtis. I don't know what caused that tremor, but I can tell you that it was not the result of a nuclear detonation. Everyone, stay alert."

In Room 2-
"Not again," grumbled David. He got up and stepped outside to see what was going on.

In Room 3-
"Well, that's a relief," said Lt. Blanco when she heard Curtis on the radio. "It wouldn't be Warren itself going nuclear, anyway. It's one of the outlying bases they're planning to nuke. I really wish they'd reconsider." She turned to Amanda and Dr. Owens. "Thank you, I'd really appreciate any help you can give me, and I'm sure Airman Hodges would as well."

Amanda helped out, doing an adequate job. Dale did a good job too, and Hodges was back on his feet in short order. "Okay, you're good to go," said Lt. Blanco. "Your turn, Airman Applebee."

In Room 5-
"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!" said Ortega when he felt the earth shake. Phillips stirred, awakened by the sudden shift.

"This happened once before," said Wallace. "It was a few hours ago. Nothing unusual happened afterwards - well, nothing unusual for today, anyway."

Ortega nodded and got on the radio. "This is Ortega," he said. "One of the civilians reported that there was a similar tremor here a few hours ago. Must have been before we arrived."

East of the motel-
There were no mushroom clouds on the horizon as far as Malanowski could see.

When Zorie saw Luke, she went over to him. "I'd better screen him first, Senior Airman Coltrane. There isn't a battle on at the moment, as this is one of the few lulls we've had. If you want to do something else, go ahead, but I'll need to finish up later and it will take a little while." She examined Luke quickly and nodded to herself. "You're fine," she said, then reported it on the radio. "Luke is cleared to enter the motel."

Kincaid went over to where Cheng was working on the eastern side of the parking lot. "Here, let me help you," he said. "We'll get these defenses up faster if we work together, and I've got nothing better to do at the moment." He didn't make much progress either.

(I'll run Kincaid as an NPC until thewordwasaphex returns.

Malanowski, since you're looking around, roll Spot Hidden. Remember the -5 penalty for your helmet. You or Luke may climb the ladder next round, but not both of you. If you both want to climb it, Malanowski can get there first since he has higher DEX.

Cheng and Kincaid, you may each make another Mechanical Repair roll if you want to try again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

Mr. Handy wrote:East of the motel-
Zorie examined Luke quickly and nodded to herself. "You're fine," she said.
"Why thank you. And so are you, young lady." Luke responded with a knowing glance and a naughty but charming old man smile (App 16 :lol: ).

He then moves towards the ladder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the comm room-
Lt. Rebecca Doolittle sat down and began working on repairing the M-4.

(Her player hasn't posted in a while, so I went ahead and made the roll, which succeeded. It will take her 10-15 minutes to complete the repairs. I'll count her as having started last round, and this round will now make two.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Heeding Sergeant Black's command, Malanowski backs toward the ladder but spots something during his scan of the outlying area.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

East of the motel-
While peering eastwards, Malanowski could make out a large group of shambling figures over half a mile beyond the diner, making their way slowly closer through the low grass and barely visible through the ruins. There were about eighty or ninety of them.

Zorie blushed, her expression hidden behind her orange suit's helmet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"People, we've got incoming from the east! A whole horde of em! Rough estimate, eighty or ninety zeds about a klick away!" Malanowski exclaims urgently into his mike as he turns and hurries towards the ladder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel roof-
Now that Malanowski had alerted them, the snipers were able to see the approaching mob to the east. From up here they had a fairly clear line of fire.

(Black and Sheen, you have five combat rounds to fire at the zombies. Black is at full skill, with only the -5 penalty for aiming at the head. Black may fire five times, but Sheen has a slower weapon and may only fire three times. Other characters who are on the roof or on the east side of the motel may fire as well, but they will have penalties. Luke and Bobby Sheen would still be at half skill, but in a couple of minutes the zombies will be close enough that they'll be able to use full skill, so Luke may want to use that time to get up on the roof. Others with scoped rifles will be at 1/4 skill, but the zombies will soon be close enough for them to use 1/2 skill. Those with M-16s without scopes may also use 1/4 skill, but it will be a while before they get to 1/2 skill range. Those with other rifles would be at 1/8 skill for now, but the zombies will be at 1/4 skill range soon. The -5 penalty for aiming at the head is applied after your skill is divided.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Sarge since i have limited ammo I am going to wait until they get a bit closer ok?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks, Doc!" Frank said as he sprang out of bed. Keying his mic, "Ortega, I've been cleared for duty. Where would you like me?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(If you count the ammo that Cole retrieved, Sheen does have over 250 bullets. However, he'll be sharing that with Luke, who has far fewer.)

In Room 5-
"Stay on the east side of the motel and fire at the incoming hostiles when you're ready," said Ortega on the radio. "If you get a chance, climb up to the balcony before they get into your effective range, but let the snipers up first and don't take time climbing up there that would be better used for shooting."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by fulcilives2003 »

OOC: Sorry for being away for a lil while.

Lt. Doolittle begins working on the gun, trying her best to concentrate all her thought on the job and think nothing of the fact that there are currently more dead things coming, or to put any thought to the tremor. After she got that gun fixed, she was going to tackle the radio equipment again.

Cole hears word of the approaching zombies causing his face to contort into an expression of both fear, and stranger yet, excitement. He makes sure his gun is loaded and looks over at Sheen.

"Hey, take these." Cole says, not even waiting for a response, tossing five of the 7.62 mags at him.

He then stands at the edge of the roof looking east. He sees nothing at first but still aims the gun. Twitching at the thought of putting more bullets in those bastards.

"Let's get those fuckers!"
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(That's okay. If you're going to have a long absence again, please let me know next time if it's possible.

Actually, now that someone has seen the zombies and pointed them out, you don't need to roll Spot Hidden to shoot at them. They're taller than the low grass, and they're close enough to be visible so long as you know about them. Of course, Cole is highly unlikely to hit them at this range with the M-4.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Cole finally sees them and grows even more excited. His trigger finger gets jittery but knows he shouldn't fire till they are with in range.

"come on, come on, hurry up. I wanna shoot ya"
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Cheng tried harder, and finally was sucesseful.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

Luke will climb up carefully as soon as he's able to.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Hodges asks Oretega over the radio, "I'd like to run over there and do some hit and run with those fellas at the diner so we can maximize the damage we inflict, if that is okay."
"Folks at the diner, do you read me? This is Frank Hodges of the USAF, over."

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”