IC-UNDER-In Too Deep(Everyone)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: IC-UNDER-In Too Deep(Everyone)

Post by John Gaunt »

"If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess this campsite belonged to that undead boy and woman we encountered below," the Englishman postulates.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

"I'd like to keep the windows intact if we can for a little protection." Sally said. "Anyone think they can pick the lock?" Sally takes a look at the lock and knows instantly that there is no way she can help with the lock.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

(OOC: Base locksmith is 01%, hotwiring, if not mistaken, would require an electrical repair roll, which Mrs. Foo has.)

Responding to Sally: "Well that's all very well and good but the van hardly provides any protection to us standing outside of it, does it? If my hypothesis proves correct that the denizens of this campsite were the walking remains of those we met below, the number of tents would seem to indicate that there several campers who are unaccounted for. Ergo, it would behoove us to come to agreement and act quickly."

Michael edges closer to the driver's side window and attempts to peer into it.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Yeah, I failed badly regardless :) I believe I looked in the van and saw nothing, but might as well check before you break in.)

Sally scans the area with apprehansion: " I agree. Let's get in that van and get the hell out of here. Break the window."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, Locksmith has a base skill of 1% and Electrical Repair has a base of 10%. Ms. Foo is the only one here who has it at a higher level, 35%.)

At the campsite-
Ms. Foo found various footprints in the dirt, as well as tire tracks, but they were all jumbled together and it wouldn't be easy to determine where they came from and where they went. She looked into another tent, which was almost as empty as the first. This one had another sleeping bag, which could be used to transport the dead mosquito-like creatures. This tent also had a can of bug spray lying on the ground in a corner.

(Ms. Foo, roll Track to determine more about the footprints and tire tracks. Also, roll Idea.)

"Allow me," said Ellen, hefting her shotgun. She smashed in the front passenger's side window with its butt, then used it to sweep the window frame clear of broken glass. She reached in, unlocked the door, and opened it. Then she cleared away the rest of the broken glass, reached across to the driver's seat, and unlocked the driver's door. After that, she climbed into the middle and back seats and unlocked the other doors.

Rosie opened up the driver's door. As soon as she did, Max leaped inside and scurried into the back seat, barking anxiously. She took a look at the ignition, then frowned. "I wouldn't even know where to begin," she said.

"Better let someone else try, then," said Ellen. "I have no idea who, though."

(If anyone wants to try to hotwire the minivan, roll Electrical Repair. Only one person may try this round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Me either," says Michael standing outside the minivan scratching his head. "Oh Mrs. Foo, could you come here, Love?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: How long with it take Mrs. Foo to come over and try it? If it will take her a round to get to the van, I will give it a shot while we wait for her.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Well, Michael already tried it this round, and like I said, only one person may try per round. However, I'll disregard his failed attempt and let Ms. Foo try a roll this round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Ms. Foo fails to follow the tracks direction and she has no idea what to do with them. She fetches the fly spray before heading over to the others, examining the windows as she approaches. Hopefully, they were sturdy. Regardless, she gets the thing going.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Good show old girl!" Michael exclaims, squeezing Mrs. Foo affectionately on the shoulder. "Shall we gather up anything useful from the campsite and be on our way?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Be quick," says Ms. Foo. "Who here knows how to drive real well? Best driver here should sit in car. Wait for us to be ready. Keep doors open. We grab food, but if zombie comes, we get in car and go. But where we go to?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally points to her lef: "Given my leg, I don't think I shouldbe driving or running around looking for supplies. Mrs. Foo, you are in the drivers seat, you might as well drive for now. I'm not sure how much time we have to gather supplies. Max was pretty freaked out, let's just get the hell out of here as fast as we can, okay?"
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Mrs. Foo, you inspected those two tents on the right, correct? Keep the engine running and the side door open whilst I inspect the other two tents. Did we manage to get an insect carcass for future inspection?"

The nervous Englishman thumbs the safety off his pistol and cautiously scans the area and listens for any signs of impending intrusion as he moves toward the uninspected tents.

OOC: Ouch! Critical failure on the spot hidden.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"N-no, I didn't, I meant to, but I didn't," she says, and sets the bug spray on the seat next to her. She remembers reading the Stephen King story, The Mist. Well, it came in handy there. She peers about and listens for anything untoward, particularly zombies.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the campsite-
Ms. Foo easily opened up the ignition and rubbed the ends of two exposed wires together. The minivan's engine started in less than thirty seconds. She had learned much from working around the motel and watching her husband for all those years.

Max barked excitedly and nodded his head after Sally finished speaking. He looked very nervous indeed.

"Yeah, I think we should get out of here as soon as possible," said Rosie, climbing into the back seat next to him and stroking his fur to comfort him.

"I call shotgun!" said Ellen. "After all, I've got one." She slid into the front passenger seat, closed the door, and aimed the barrel of her shotgun out of the empty window frame.

Nobody saw any zombies or anything dangerous. Ms. Foo had already searched the two closest tents, so Michael made his way across the middle of the campsite toward the two more distant ones. He thought he saw movement coming from the one on the far left, but perhaps it was just the wind.

Ms. Foo saw nothing from where she sat, but she did hear something. It was almost undetectable at first, but it seemed to be a vibration coming from the ground. Max seemed to sense it too and began barking loudly. Ms. Foo could even feel the ground starting to tremble, much as it had done before the tremors they had all experienced.

(If anyone wants to try to figure out where you are, roll Navigation. The base skill level for this is 10%, and I don't think any of you have it higher. Willie did, but he didn't make it this far.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ms. Foo [url=
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1710267/]realizes[/url] just where they are in relation to where they had been. She has no idea what those seismic vibrations were or even if they were natural, though she had her doubts.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Gulping nervously but intent on behaving gallantly for the benefit of the ladies, Michael edges closer to the tent where he saw movement, clutching the pistol in one sweating palm, the cattle prod in the other. He will attempt to lift the tent flap with the prod and peer inside...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the campsite-
Though the tunnels and caverns had been disorienting and confusing, Ms. Foo had maintained her sense of direction. She knew that this campsite was about one mile south and one mile west of the motel, and Interstate 80 was one mile to the north of the campsite. But if they returned to the truck stop, would anyone still be alive there?

Michael opened the tent flap with the electric prod and peeked inside. This tent was just as deserted as the first two had been. It had two empty sleeping bags instead of one, and a book lay open next to one of them at the back of the tent, apparently dropped in a hurry.

The vibration in the ground increased, and now everyone at the campsite could feel them. They were definitely getting stronger.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Jack! Let's go. It's coming! The black goo from below, it's coming! Hurry up!" Sally shouted from the van.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ms. Foo tilts her head to one side. "The motel is one mile north east of here and Interstate 80 is one mile north of here. I don't know if truck stop still be safe though. Where should we go?"

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”