IC-OVER-Middle of Nowhere(Jack/Emily/Lauren/Flynn/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: IC-OVER-Middle of Nowhere(Jack/Emily/Lauren/Alvarez/Flynn)

Post by kabukiman »

-Alvarez, don't waste ammo in those creatures, we shoud finish before they arrive, just enter in the RV.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

(Can Alvarez use his First Aid skills to help heal the mother's site or has she fully recovered now?)
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years

Post by John Gaunt »

"Lauren," Jack said through gritted teeth, "if everyone does what they're supposed to do, then we'll be alright. Now get in the car!"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by ryansommer »

"Come on dear, I need a navigator," Emily said to Lauren from the drivers seat. "Well be out of here in no time."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(First Aid isn't going to be enough to fully restore Emily's sight. Even Medicine probably won't help, but you may roll Medicine to diagnose her problem once you get in the RV, which Alvarez and Lauren are free to do at any time.)

On the road-
Lauren climbed down and reached the bottom of the ladder, where Alvarez was waiting. The crawling zombies were now only 25 yards away, but they could easily be avoided by getting inside the vehicle. Flynn and Jack were almost done redirecting the fuel lines. In another minute they would be finished, and Emily could then try to start the engine.

(Everyone, roll Idea.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Jack realized that, considering his wife's impaired vision, maybe it would be better if someone else drove the RV.

(Nobody else needs to roll Idea now that he has succeeded.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren ran inside the RV sat in the front passenger seat and started rummaging around looking for the maps.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez walked up to the driver side door and said, "Mam I can drive the RV seeing as how your sight is not good right now. That is if you want me to?" He stood waiting for an answer.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"That's OK, soldier, I'll drive," says Jack quickly. "Why don't you get in back and keep a look out through the rear window?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Very well civilian.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Jack pauses and meets Alvarez' eyes with a level gaze. "The name's Jack. Jack Montrose. That's my wife Emily behind the wheel and my daughter Lauren next to her. Alvarez, is it? You and Flynn couldn't have come along at a better time. Thanks," he says with a nod. "There's a door to the sleeping area on the other side."
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren looked back from the front seat to take a closer look at the new arrivals. She gave a little smile and said, "Thanks for the help. I was hoping you could tell us what was going on around here and why those people were... well.. the way they were."
-Ambrose Bierce
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, let me tell you what we know, even if it doesn't make any sense, and believe me it's not a nice story.
A meteorite hit a place near. We were placed in a airfield and our officer sended a group of soldiers, and from the meteorite, insects appeared and started to bite the soldier turning them. Some escaped but they sick with this disease, and it spread. The soldiers bited, started to attacked the others and after a couple of fights we were reduced to a handful of survivors. Then, the worst happened. The survivors started to fight against each other without being turned- don't ask why, it wouldn't make any sense now. And our superior kidnaped a women- you can imagine to what purpose- shoot several of our companions and runn away. We were chasing him, to see if we can save her.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez takes up the rest of the story as he sits in back, "But then our superior placed a strip across the road below the bridge and we got two flats. While he drove away, he tried to figure out what to do and we climbed up to this highway as you saw. We were only looking for a car that had been just left but we saw you so we helped you out. The way I figure it is like my late grandma said this was a God thing so while I still want to go after and rescue that woman and kill my superior officer, maybe God has other plans for us so it is up to you where you want to drive us." Alvarez smiled at Lauren and the rest of the family.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily takes a seat at the eating table, not quite sure of what to say. After a moment, she looks up, "You said the soldiers got bit, and infected. What do you mean infected? What about those people out side coming after us? Why....... why....why won't they go away? Why doeso nly shooting them in the head stop them?" the gravity of the day came down on Emily like a ton of bricks. She wanted to be strong for her daughter, but she couldn't stop the tears from coming.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-It's all very weird. We had a collegue who was aparently killed by an explosion and wasn't infected and she sudenly raised like them. And how could it affect people who is living so far, like here? We know that the cities are in chaos. So maybe it's a diferent virus, or it can travel very fast.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Wait, the cities are in chaos?" Emily said in disbelief as she gathered herself a bit. "Oh jesus. Where are we supposed to go, then?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn is thinking if he can tell them. Then he says:
-Well, we helped a group of scientist, who said they had a solution. We helped them to escape from our superior who wanted to steal the helicopter. They wanted to go to Omaha, since there was some facility there, and they were still responding.
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren's grip tightened on the maps as she heard more and more of what was going on. She couldn't believe it. How the hell did things get this bad. Why weren't the ones in charge doing something she thought to herself. Then a more frightening thought hit her. Was there anyone in charge anymore? "Have you guys heard from anywhere else except for this Omaha place? What about the rest of the military or the government or anything." After she had finished asking all this she started wondering what her dad and mom would decide to do.
-Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”