IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(We´ll see, JG. Hopefully it is so.... Hopefully.)
"I´ll drive over and get your girls out, alright? Or are you getting Harry on board first?" She let´s the engine wind down to a slow hum, to be able to hear the reply.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years

Post by John Gaunt »

Jack waits with trepidation to see what mishap occurs next.
Last edited by John Gaunt on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat checks the fuel gauge... Then makes sure the gun is operationable. "I´m holding..." She looks at the house to see what´s going on on the porch roof.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by yellowsigh »

Kyle watches Lauren for a moment, rifle hanging slack in his hands, and then glances past her at the corpse of his ma.

"Is ma okay now? Has she gone to heaven?" He wants to go and be with her, but he isn't sure what's happened to the zombies in the house. He looks around the attic, his eyes flitting briefly over assorted bric-a-brac, then looks up at Emily. Kyle isn't used to taking the initiative; he'll do as she says.

(OOC: edited to account for my confusion about just how far away Lauren was from Kyle, as per the next post).
Last edited by yellowsigh on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . .y o u ' r e i n s y l u m t o r e m e m b e r . . .
• Mood Music •
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

OOC: Lauren, the daughter, is on the porch roof, Emily, the mother, is in the attic w/ Kyle
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Hold on, everyone! Betty isn't finished yet. I'm afraid Kathryn forgot to include the -5 penalty for aiming at the head again. Her skill is 45%, but the penalty gives her only a 40% chance to hit. That roll of 41 misses by only inches, so I will need a Luck roll for the first shot, and the second shot will jam. Lauren, Emily, and Kyle may still attack this round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Oops, I´ve been imagining Kat´s skill as 50%! Faulty memory on my behalf. Luck roll is coming...)
Lucky Kat...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(That's okay, the skill was a secret anyway and was only in the PM I sent, not on the character sheet. Flynn is not actually delusional, just catatonic. He's staring into space and can see everything in front of him - he saw Lauren drop onto the porch roof, for instance - he just cannot act on his own. It's possible he has retreated into his own mind, however. I need a Listen roll for Emily, as well as an action from her. Kyle may still shoot this round to try to finish off Betty, and Lauren can throw another knife if she wishes. Once all three of you have posted, I can update. It will probably not be until Thursday night, eastern U.S. time.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Kyle is confused and grief stricken. He thought that the one shot should've done the trick, but ma obviously hasn't gone to heaven yet. He decides he is going to shoot, despite the risks, because he can't bear the idea of his ma being some sort of monster.

The shot goes wide, but doesn't hit anyone else.
• Mood Music •
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren couldn't stand the thought of more people dying so she took the chance of throwing a knife at the monster attacking Flynn. She hit the bastard.
(OOC: Im not sure what the damage roll is for a knife.)
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

OOC: Small knife does 1d4 so anything greater than 1 will put her down, assuming you hit her in the head...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Thanks again, John. Yes, a small knife does 1d4 damage and you need 2 or more to finish Betty, so go ahead and roll, Lauren. I do presume that was aimed at the head, and it's a good enough roll that it hits even with the -5 penalty. I also still need a Listen roll for Emily, and she has a chance to throw one of her own knives if Lauren only gets a 1 on her damage roll.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

She hurt it but only barely.
(OOC: GOD DAMNIT!)
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Kyle grits his teeth and looks away, into the gloom of the attic.

(OOC: Does he need to make any SAN rolls for seeing his ma's repeated head trauma?)
• Mood Music •
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Not at this point. I'll have you roll Sanity for Kyle realizing his parents are dead when it sinks in, and I'll let you know when that is. In the meantime, everyone except Emily has acted, so I'm just waiting for her. I need a Listen roll, as well as an attack roll if she tries to finish off Betty. She can throw her small knife, and any hit to the head will finish it. The base skill is 25%, and there is a -5 penalty for targeting the head, but there's also a bonus she gets in this situation. If she misses, I'll need a Luck roll.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Sorry for the delay. I missed the posts that were going on)

With everything going on outside, Emily fails to hear anything.
"Nice throw, Lauren! Sweetie, can you climb back up here? Those others are back in the house and I fear they may come out the window as well."
"Jack, where are the others? Lauren is vulnerable up there"
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

OOC: Jack is in the back of the RV and, thus, not in a position to converse with Emily or speculate on the location of the "others".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In front of the farmhouse-
Jack retrieved his crowbar and made his way to the RV's door. Kathryn pulled the trigger of her pistol twice. The first shot missed Betty by only a couple of inches, striking the dirt harmlessly. The second shot caused her weapon to jam. The fuel gauge showed that the tank was about half full, and it was enough fuel to get the RV almost all of the way to the truck stop. Kyle's shot missed Betty's head, and Lauren's thrown knife only gouged her ear on its way past. In spite of the heavy damage to her head, Betty was able to continue crushing Flynn in her powerful arms. He was only slightly injured this time, and her head wounds caused her attempt to bite him to fail.

(Amazingly, Flynn has not only survived, he is still conscious. He is also still insane, however, and cannot take any action. Everyone else has one more chance to save him. Any hit to Betty's head will finish her off. Jack, you may run out and take a swing at her head if you wish. You'll have a -10 penalty to use the crowbar, in addition to the -5 penalty for targeting her head. You can also simply try to punch her, which will do more than enough damage if you hit and has only the -5 penalty. Kathryn, you may also run out and make an unarmed attack if you want. Hand to hand attacks do not require a Luck roll if you miss. You may instead try to clear the jammed pistol. To do this, roll against your Handgun or Mechanical Repair skill, whichever is higher. If you fail, you wasted your turn. If you critically fail, you break the weapon. If you succeed, roll 1d6 to see how many rounds it will take to finish clearing the jam. Lauren, you may throw another knife now. If you miss, roll Luck. If you want to try to climb up to the attic window or down to the ground, roll Climb instead. If you're climbing down and you fail, roll Jump. If you're climbing up, only roll Jump if you critically fail; all failure means if you get a normal failure in that case is that you remain stuck on the porch roof.)

In the attic-
Emily and Kyle watched in horror as Betty continued squeezing Flynn to death. The pilot wouldn't last much longer.

(Emily, you may throw one of your knives, probably the small one, if you wish. To do this, make a Throw roll at -5. Kyle, you may shoot at Betty's head again, also at -5. Remember to apply any secret bonus you have. If either of you miss, roll Luck.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Hang on, Harry!" Jack cries as he rushes out of the RV in foolhardy effort to save his new friend. The crowbar makes for an awkward weapon though, and Jack's swing whiffs.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Realizing her persistence in using the gun has put them in a worse situation than if she had handed the gun over to Jack, Kat exits the front door leaving the RV running and runs for the badly wounded Harry. While running she pushes the gun between her belts and prepares for the unarmed assault. At the huge zombie-mom she lifts her hands high and brings her clenched fists down at the neck as the monster attempts to taste Flynn.
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”