IC-OVER-Middle of Nowhere(Jack/Emily/Lauren/Flynn/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-OVER-Middle of Nowhere(Jack/Emily/Lauren/Alvarez/Flynn)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Throwing the grenade will take only two combat rounds and he has five available, and he can reach the RV in three, so go ahead and throw it if you wish. Remember that you have a -10% penalty due to your armor. The two walking zombies are about 45 yards away from you and the big group of ten is too far away, so there is some risk of you getting caught in the blast radius. If you miss, roll Luck. As long as you don't miss by a lot, you'll be okay. A near miss will still hurt the zombies for partial damage.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren took her fathers cue and started gathering everything she had with her. She took one last look all around just to make sure that while everyone was preoccupied with what was obvious nothing had snuck up. She didn't want anything to spoil an otherwise semi-lucky day.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Lauren easily gathered what little she had. Looking around, she saw nothing she hadn't noticed already.

(Either Lauren or Emily can climb down the ladder before the next update, but not both. One of you can climb down off the side of the RV while the other climbs down the ladder, or one of you can simply wait until after the next update. Anyone can descend the ladder without having to roll anything. If you want to climb over the side of the RV, roll Climb. The base skill is 40% if it's not listed on your character sheet. If you fail this roll, then roll Jump. The base skill for that is 25% if it's not on your character sheet.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren sighed with relief when she saw nothing new coming up to take a bite out of them. "Hey mom we need to get off here. We can probably help more down there than up here." She decided to wait for her mom to climb down the ladder and thought better about climbing down the side. She figured a broken ankle would be the worst thing that could possibly happen in this situation. "You go down first mom ill try to think up anything that might help all of us out."
-Ambrose Bierce
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Let me help.
Flynn decide to help repair the RV.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

(I just checked, I only have 1 grenade left and no telling where I will get others from so my question now is can he fire a burst setting at the two walking dead and still run?)
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You have two combat rounds to spare, so you may fire up to two bursts and still run. Each burst can only target one zombie, but you may fire one at each.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by ryansommer »

"Alright, sweetie." Emily said as she made her way down the ladder. Once down, she gathered up the useful items she had collected earlier and stowed them in the RV.
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

(sorry bout that)
Last edited by Iam477 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ambrose Bierce
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Looking at Lauren, Jack says "Of course we are, doll-face, now that we've got these brave soldiers backing us up. The engine trouble is almost cleared up. Get in the passenger seat and pull out our maps, I'll need you to navigate when we're ready to leave.

"Em?" he asks, handing her the RV keys, "Start er up when I give you the signal. Kay?"

OOC: By how much time will repairs be sped up now that Flynn is assisting?
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

(sorry bout that)
Last edited by Iam477 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ambrose Bierce
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sure thing, honey." Emily said to Jack. "Don't be gettign all 'inspired' on me with the soldiers here and run off with a golf club, alright?" She said with a wink as she finished climbing down the ladder.
Last edited by ryansommer on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Hi, I'm Flynn, and he his Alvarez, as soon as we get out of here we will make all the niceties.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Please don't get ahead of yourselves! There's only so much you can do in one turn, especially in a combat situation with zombies closing in. I still haven't posted a major update for the next round, as I'm waiting for an action from Alvarez. Once I get that, I can move the clock forward. Emily only had time this round to climb down the ladder and not to do anything else. Lauren will have to wait until the following round before she can climb the ladder. The two walking zombies will reach the rear of the RV where the bottom of the ladder is at the end of the following round, but there should be enough time for Alvarez to finish them off first.

Now that Flynn is helping with the repairs, you'll cut the remaining time needed in half to three minutes. One of those minutes is the current turn, so after I post the next update there will be two minutes left. You'll be able to pull out the turn after repairs are complete. The two walkers will reach the RV the round after this one unless they're stopped. The ten walkers behind them and the two crawlers are far enough away that you don't need to worry about them, as the repairs will be done early.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Sorry for getting ahead. Edited post above.)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez set his M-4 to burst setting once again and fired at the walking dead on the left. He managed to hit the zombie with two bullets. One in the right leg and one in the left leg. Although he did not kill the zombie with the shots he felt he had slowed it up.

Alvarez took aim at the second zombie and fired a burst again He hit the zombie. He saw that he had hit the zombie with two bullets both in the chest. The bullets had also done some nice damage he felt.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The first burst did just enough damage to finish the zombie with the crippled arm. The second zombie had 30 HP left before you shot it. That second burst was an impale, so the first bullet does extra damage. Roll another 2d8 to see how much.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez saw he did alot more damage then he thought on the second zombie! In fact it looked dead, once again, to him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Both zombies fell twitching to the highway a few dozen yards from the back of the RV. Emily made it down the ladder from the roof, and now Lauren was able to start down. At the front, Jack Montrose and Flynn made good progress in their repair efforts. They would be done in a couple of minutes. The two crawling zombies were still getting closer, and the repairs would be done at around the time they arrived.

(It will take two more minutes for Jack and Flynn to finish the repairs. Lauren can climb down this turn, and Emily can get on board. The crawling zombies will pose no threat as long as nobody stays at the back of the RV and everyone not working on the engine is aboard at the time the repairs are done. Jack and Flynn can enter through the front door right after they finish before the zombies can reach them. Alvarez is free to shoot at the crawlers for another five combat rounds if he wishes. One has already taken 8 damage to the head, so any head hit from an M-4 will finish it. The other has 30 HP left overall, and its head is undamaged.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren descended down the ladder as quickly as she could. She looked nervously at the two people that had just been brought down by the soliders, "Good job guys." She felt a twinge of sadness though at the deaths. She knew something was wrong with those people and that they wanted to attack her but she didn't quite know what was happening. She hated to bother her father when she knew he was doing something important but she need a bit of reassurance. "Were going to be ok now... right dad?"
-Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”