IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Hey Joe come join me will ya?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
"Comin'!" said Joe Soarez. He climbed down the ladder to the ground.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

OCC:
Mr. Handy wrote:(Luke, you may fire one shot if you wish, at half skill due to having to shoot past Wallace. You may aim for the head with a -5% penalty. If you miss, roll Luck to make sure you don't hit the wrong person. If one of the people at the motel takes out your target first, your shot will not take place.)
the situation is a little hectic, so a question: there are plenty of other people in the room and only 1 zombie to be seen, right?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, that's basically right. There are only a few people inside the room, but there are a bunch more gathered outside and Wallace is standing in the doorway. Adrian is the only active zombie you can see, and he is currently eating Baldwin, who is obviously dead. Adrian has taken 8 damage to the head so far, so any hit with a rifle will finish him. Dr. Owens is lying on the floor of the room with a bullet in his head, not moving. Everyone else is outside the room.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

OCC: then Luke will pass. not worth the risk.

IC:

"This is Luke, zombie spotted in Room 5 of the hotel." Luke says over the radio "Be careful, there might be more. I don't have a clear shot at this time."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
As Luke watched, Ortega recoiled and then sat down, slumping over. Keith took a shot, but he missed. Then the man in the flight suit fired his pistol twice, trying to shoot past Wallace, but both rounds hit him in the back and he fell.

"This is Blanco," replied Lt. Blanco. "Roger that. That's the boy Adrian I reported earlier. He's the only one, but if anyone has been killed they'll rise up soon too."

Malanowski fired again, hitting Adrian in the head and putting him down for good.

Down below, Joe Soarez got into the shotgun seat of Colin's truck. "Okay, man, let's go," he said to his friend.

In the warehouse-
Clarence looked around the warehouse as he made his way through it, but saw nothing noteworthy. He hurried through and down the stairs toward the smashed gate leading to the reception area. "Tsuba, it's Dad!" he called. "Where are you, son?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(does Colin need to roll drive to get to the motel?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(No, there's no need to make a Drive roll just for normal driving from place to place. You only have to make one for excessive speed, dangerous maneuvers and situations, car chases, and that sort of thing. I'll let you know when you need to roll Drive.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin drives to the hotel.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Luke heard Malanowski shout "Zed down!" on the radio, and Keith shot Baldwin's corpse in the head. Then Phillips said: "This is Phillips. Claymores are all set. I'm heading home." Finally, Lt. Blanco said "Blanco reporting. The threat in Room 5 has been neutralized. One civilian was killed by Adrian after he turned, and two more have been wounded by friendly fire."

Colin Lewis drove off to the west with Joe Soarez in his truck.

(Colin Lewis and Joe Soarez are moving to this thread: The Siege)

In the reception area-
Clarence entered the hallway at the back of the room, heading for the guard room.

(Clarence Deeds is moving to this thread: Beneath the Surface.

Everyone else remains in the current thread.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Now that things had settled down to the west, Lewie Newton nodded to Luke and Melinda and turned his attention back to the east. He saw nothing noteworthy.

Luke heard more voices on the radio. Sergeant Black said "Good work, Phillips."

Hodges spoke next: "We are all set over here. What are our next orders?"

Then the man who had issued an order to Cheng said "This is Lt. Curtis. Thank you, Airman Phillips. Hodges, I need you and the other men with you to report for medical treatment and screening. Considering what just happened, there must be someone with a rifle accompanying anyone who has been bitten at all times from now on. I'm reluctant to have them stay at the motel at all, but there are few alternatives available. The garage across the road is one possibility, I suppose, and there's also that underground facility. Lt. Blanco, are they in any condition to be moved?"

Blanco replied. "Phillips might be, sir. I wouldn't advise moving Wallace until I've had a chance to treat him." She paused for a minute. "Airman Cheng is cleared to go upstairs."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
""This is Sergeant Black to Luke," said Black on the radio. "How would you feel about joining us up here?"

"Roger that," said Hodges. "On our way back to the east side now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Wouldn't mind bein' high & dry. And closer to the ammo stash." Luke replies over the radio "But I'm not entirely convinced it's in our collective best interest. It leaves a potential blind spot. Though you're the professional sniper, so you ought to know best."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
"Sir," said Kincaid on the radio, "permission to co-opt a couple of able bodies to get some defences set up? Any volunteers would be welcome."

"Sergeant Black," said Ortega after he had spoken, "any word on ammo and supplies for the folks at the diner? Keith Deeds is getting ready to head back over there."

Black responded to Luke over the radio: "I understand that, would it be possible that one of the bikers takes your place?"

Lt. Curtis spoke next: "Sergeant Black, our defenses are in your hands as always. Assign your men as you see fit."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"I think the bikers are aiming to press on, when their buddies get back." Luke replies over the radio "But it doesn't hurt to ask."

"Anyone up to taking over overwatch here?" he asks loudly, not to anyone in particular "Would allow me to join the military snipers, for a better view and a better shot. But we can't allow to leave this roof unmanned, as dogs and whatnot might come through the grass unseen from the motel."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I'll let Lewie Newton's new player answer for him.)

At the garage-
"I can use a rifle," said Melinda, "but I don't have one and I'm not as good as you are."

"Malanowski, what is your location," said a woman on the radio. "This is Lt. Doolittle, I'm coming down to get that broken gun. Hopefully i can fix it."

"I'm in room 5, Lieutenant," Malanowski answered. "Had to put down an infected. There are two living bite victims here: Airman Phillips and a civilian. You want I should keep watch on 'em, Lieutenant? I do still have that busted M4, it's not going anywhere."

"Malanowski, Sergeant Black should answer that question," replied Lt. Curtis, "and your fire team leader should be the one to ask. I know this is an unusual situation, but you still need to follow the chain of command. It's there for a reason. Black is in charge of our defense, so it's up to him who gets assigned to which duties anyway."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Not a whole lot of people are, my dear." Luke replies with a smug but kind smile "Only thing I've got to offer though, is my shotgun, but that wont help you much on the roof, unless you let them come really close."

"Sure, the largest part of being on the roof here is actually spotting, rather than shooting." he adds "But I wouldn't want to handicap you, by leaving you here without any longer range capability."

"Anyone else up for helping the lady out?"
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Cuchulain »

"I've got you covered." Lewie settles himself into a comfortable firing position and looks through the scope of his gun, scanning the too-silent fields for any tell-tale motion.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
"Last time I checked, Lieutenant," Malanowski spat out on the radio, "the Senior Airman was having a bad day. Sergeant Black, permission to come top side?"

Lewie Newton's vigilance paid off. As he peered through the scope of his Winchester, he caught sight of a large mob of between 80 and 90 zombies slightly under a mile away to the east. They were shambling slowly but inexorably closer, and they would arrive in a little over ten minutes.

(If you want to start shooting at the zombies at this range, Luke may fire at half Rifle skill and Lewie at one-quarter skill. The -5 penalty for aiming at the head is applied after dividing your skill. This gives Luke a 35% chance and Lewie only a 10% chance, so you may want to wait until they're closer. You have five combat rounds before the next update, but the Winchester can only fire every other round, so Lewie would get a maximum of three shots with it. There is no need for anyone else to roll Spot Hidden to see them now that Lewie can point them out.

Also, Luke, you will need to roll Con x 4 if you are going to start shooting to ward off exhaustion. If you fail, you will take an additional -5 penalty until you get half an hour of continuous rest, reducing your current chance to 30%. Lewie doesn't need to roll, as he hasn't been shooting for hours as Luke has.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Looks like we got two pairs of eyes to take my place for now." Luke says over the radio "I'm coming over to the motel."

OCC: what's the status on the ladders/ropes etc both at the motel & at Luke's position?

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”