IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Lt. Curtis assigned Malanowski to Ortega, who is an Acting Senior Airman and is right in the room with him. The other fire team is commanded by Senior Airman Roger Coltrane, who arrived with Curtis.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by John Gaunt »

(Understood, but having recently witnessed the Sr. Airman lose his shit, the Airman is having serious reservations about this mission and the whole chain of command.)

Igor
glances at the Senior Airman as he strides toward the door. "Ortega? What're we doing here, man? I gotta ask Lt. Blanco something."
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Cuchulain »

Coltrane tried to fix up his uncomfortable bandages. "S**t." he said as his wound began to bleed again.

(ooc - How much do I lose with a botch?)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Keith stood patienly by his truck, surveying the surrounding area but did not see anything unusual.
"All quiet down here. How about we get some of those supplies for the diner gathered up ASAP so I can take them over before more infected come along," Keith yelled up to the roof with only a hint of annoyance.

Frank lay on the motel bed, inspecting his bandages. "So I am all clear? Can I return to duty?"
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Lt. Doolittle heads down to room 5 looking for Malanowski. All the while she runs through her head every possible thing she can think of to try on that equipment. As much as she wants to get airborne again, at least fixing this gun will take her mind off of it, a little.
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel roof-
There was silence on the radio for a moment, presumably while Luke asked the bikers if any of them could take over for him. The three men heard Keith's annoyed shout from below.

In the comm room-
Mikhalin shrugged when Cheng translated the Chinese speech and Lt. Doolittle left the room. "Maybe those scientists who were here earlier could make some sense out of it, sir," she said, "but I sure can't. All I know is using nuclear weapons is a bad idea. Maybe they'll be interested in this at Omaha, and I'm sure the base would like to know too."

"Okay, we'll be sure to pass on the information to both of them," said Lt. Curtis. "What else can you gather from what they're saying, Airman Cheng? Anything about the Russians?"

Cheng continued to listen. "Sir, the Chinese are just as concerned about the Russians' intentions as we are. They know the Russians have stopped using nukes, but they aren't sure why. Some of them think it's because they too realized it's counterproductive, others believe they lack launch capability...and still others believe they're holding their weapons in reserve, waiting in the hopes that China will deplete its arsenal and to see what the United States will do. China and Russia both know that we haven't touched off a single nuke all day, and they're very nervous about our intentions. China doesn't have good intelligence about the situation in Russia, so they can only speculate."

"Hmm. More questions than answers there."

On the motel balcony-
Lt. Doolittle headed around the south side of the balcony and soon reached the east side, at the top of the ladder. She could now climb down and find Malanowski.

In Room 2-
David continued to wait impatiently. "Why do women always take so damn long?" he muttered. "Still, gotta love 'em."

In Room 3-
Lt. Blanco frowned. "You haven't been bitten, Airman," she said, "but I wouldn't proclaim you fit for duty just yet. You are badly wounded, and it's going to take me a while to finish treating you. In an emergency you could go back out there, but otherwise I wouldn't advise it."

In Room 4-
To his dismay, Coltrane saw that he had reopened his wound and it had started bleeding again.

(Your roll was only a 96, so you just took 1 damage from that. That point of damage can be healed simply by making a successful First Aid roll - just don't botch again!)

In Room 5-
"Well, I'm going to watch over these two until I get different orders from Sergeant Black," said Ortega. "You're free to go talk to Lt. Blanco if you like. Don't forget that Lt. Doolittle is looking for you."

"She's in Room 3," said Zorie. "Wallace, do you mind if I leave you for a while to check on my other patients?"

"Go right ahead," he said. "I'm dead anyway, in the end. Treat the others first."

Zorie nodded sadly and left the room.

"I'll be done in just one more minute," said Amanda to Dale Owens. "Then maybe you can help me with the rest of them."

East of the motel-
Keith and the others waited for the men on the roof to respond.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman

Post by Cuchulain »

After a worried few seconds, Coltrane managed to staunch the flow of blood again. "Maybe I'll just leave it alone for the moment."
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

Black still waits for the reply.

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz keeps lisening wondering how the russians would take the news that a nuke has been detenated on U.S. soil.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel roof-
"Looks like we got two pairs of eyes to take my place for now," Luke said over the radio. "I'm coming over to the motel."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

At his truck
While waiting for any word from the roof on ammo, Keith looks around for any other supplies he might take over the to diner.
Seeing the chaos and disorganization going on around him, Keith now has reservations about staying here at the motel.
'God damn! These guys can't even figure out how to resupply an effective sniper, how the hell are they going to manage defenses?' Keith thinks to himself.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel roof-
The men on the roof saw Luke climb down from the roof of the garage across the road and start to head over to the motel.

In the comm room-
"Thank you, Airman Cheng," said Lt. Curtis. "You may return to your duties. Senior Airman Coltrane and Sergeant Black can tell you where they want you. Dismissed." He spoke to Mikhalin. "Let's report this to the colonel and see what he says."

"Connecting to Warren now," said Mikhalin. She adjusted some settings on the control panel.

"This is Lt. Curtis calling Warren," said Curtis. "Come in, please."

"This is Carmichael," replied the colonel. "What have you got to report?"

"We did manage to learn some things from listening in on China, sir. Airman Cheng was able to translate." He filled his superior in. "Unfortunately, they're as much in the dark about the Russians' intentions as we are. Strange how the first nuke they touched off seemed to work, but then afterwards they proved ineffective. Maybe your scientists can make some sense of it. I'll pass on that intel to Omaha, with your permission, sir."

"You can tell them what you've learned about the effects of nuclear weapons, but keep anything classified out of it."

On the motel balcony-
Lt. Doolittle climbed down the ladder.

In Room 2-
David kept waiting.

In Room 3-
Lt. Blanco continued to treat Frank Hodges, cleaning and redressing his wounds. "It'll take me several minutes to finish up," she said, "so we might as well talk while I work. You must have seen a lot of action, even before today, I mean."

In Room 4-
Coltrane managed to stop the bleeding as Zorie Spooner entered the room. "Okay, let me look you over," she said. She began to examine him, but it was slow going.

In Room 5-
Amanda finished bandaging Dale Owens's head wound and helped him to his feet. "You ready?" she asked.

"I think so," he said. "Let's see what we can do for the others."

Ortega and Malanowski stood watch over Phillips and Wallace, who lay in their beds.

East of the motel-
Lt. Doolittle reached the ground. The door to Room 5 was a little to the north, just to the right of the main lobby door. Keith could not see any supplies just lying around, and he guessed that most of them were upstairs, where he wasn't allowed yet. He also saw Luke climb down from the roof of the garage across the road and start to jog towards the motel. So did everyone else on the ground. Colin Lewis still stood outside his truck, while his friend Joe Soarez remained in the shotgun seat. Ernest Granger was outside Room 2, and Airman Brian Kincaid remained where he was outside Room 5.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Lt. doolittle made her way to the door hoping the man she was looking for was still there.

Cole looks around anxiously.

"So, ummm, what now? Any word on the ammo?"
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Cheng go find Senior Airman Coltrane and Sergeant Black.
-I don't do anything besides walking from one place to the other-mumbles Cheng.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

-Inside Room 5

Striding toward the open doorway, Igor keys his mike: "Lt. Blanco, Airman Malanowski here. What's your twenty? Over."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

At his truck
Seeing Luck from the diner start running to the motel, Keith says, "What the fuck. He's just gonna leave the rest of them there?" Keith hops in his truck and hauls butt back to the diner where Melinda and the rest of his family are.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Lewis jumps into the back of the truck before it takes off.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

East of the motel-
Malanowski saw Lt. Doolittle as soon as he reached the door. She had been on her way over to find him.

(You two can talk and transfer the weapon at this point. Also, Cheng, you do have your radio, so you can ask Coltrane for orders without having to go and find him.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Here ya go, Lieutenant," Malanowski says as he proffers the disabled M4. "I hope yer able to get her functional. I was just on my way to see Lieutenant Blanco."
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman

Post by Cuchulain »

Coltrane over the radio: "Cheng, get yourself some grenades and set up some booby traps to the East. You can be our forward line of defense. Once they get close in, fall back to the roof."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: I presume Cheng have stil several grenades, right?
-Yes sir!
Finnaly Cheng was getting a nice job and he walked happily to the east.

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”