IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Doolittle looks at the ancient equipment in front of her and tenses up. The thought of still being stuck here because the gear she has to work with is older than her mortifies her.
In an unsteady voice she replies, "I'm sure i can figure something out. Have to I suppose, what other choice do I have."

That said she goes over and begins to look and see what she can do to make things right. Despite thinking she has a handle on how to fix these things, she fails miserably.

Lt. Doolittle lets out a little sob.

(ooc): sorry screwed up on the invisible castle my roll was a 93, ill get it right next time.)
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz looks up with a worried look. "Are you okay?" He asks Doolittle as she lets out the sob.

On the Roof-

"Good work Phillips." He then waits for Sheen to comment on how much ammo should be givein.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Outside of Room 5 -
"Yeah, I could use always use another gun in the truck when out and about. In fact, I've got to run some ammo and supplies between here and the gas station. Want to come?" Keith said to Lewis.
Keith looked to Ortega, "Ortega, any word on the ammo for the gunman on the garage? I was going to make a run back over there and check on my pa and borther and I figure I might as well resupply them while I am at it. Lewis here offered to ride along as protection."

On the west side of the motel -
Frank keyed his radio, "We are all set over here. What are our next orders?"
Looking to Coletrane and Applebee, "Lets stay frostym guys. There's no telling who else is out there and when Phillips is going to turn."
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Kincaid climbed shakily to his feet, retrieving his helmet and gun. He moved over to Malanowski and pulled a smart salute, somewhat spoiled by the vestigial tremors in his hand.

"Sir, requesting formal trial by court martial when this whole shit sandwich is out of the way... I shot a civvie sir..." He suppressed a sob. "...However, I request permission to continue active duty and get this place defensible. I cannot trust myself with a gun following this accident, and hereby surrender my weapon to you."

He offered the gun, grip first to the superior officer, and stood waiting for a reply.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Sir?" Malanowski asks quizzically. "I work for a living. It's Airman. Lt. Blanco is the CO here, talk to her. Regarding the civvie..." he shrugs, "collateral damage."

How many firearms did Malanowski count in room 5?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"I will go. Maybe Joe will too. He is a good man in a fight."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

West of the motel-
Coltrane nodded. He and Applebee kept covering the field. Phillips emerged from it onto the parking lot and rejoined his comrades at the southwest corner of the motel.

On the motel roof-
Cole and the snipers were still apparently undecided about how much ammo they could spare for Luke.

In the comm room-
"This is Lt. Curtis," said Curtis. Thank you, Airman Phillips. Hodges, I need you and the other men with you to report for medical treatment and screening. Considering what just happened, there must be someone with a rifle accompanying anyone who has been bitten at all times from now on. I'm reluctant to have them stay at the motel at all, but there are few alternatives available. The garage across the road is one possibility, I suppose, and there's also that underground facility. Lt. Blanco, are they in any condition to be moved?" He keyed off his microphone and turned to Doolittle. "Hey, don't sweat it. I don't understand this stuff either. I have to rely on Ramirez or Mikhalin just to make a connection. All I know is how to speak into the mike, and that's all that matters. As I said, it's still in working order. As long as it stays that way, we're okay."

"Malanowski can probably handle the equipment too, if it comes to that," said Mikhalin.

In Room 2-
Ernest returned to his bed and sat down again to await the doctors. "At least that's over," he said to David.

East of the motel-
"Phillips might be, sir," replied Lt. Blanco on the radio. "I wouldn't advise moving Wallace until I've had a chance to treat him." She glanced over at Kincaid. "Keep your weapon, Airman. You might need it. It was an accident, everyone knows that. Just don't use your weapon unless it's an emergency, and hold your fire if there's anyone in the way. If things don't get really desperate, leave the shooting to the guys with the rifles."

"You were knocked out in the crash, weren't you?" Zorie said to Cheng. "You could have been bitten while you were unconscious. Dr. Blanco, I think Airman Cheng may have been bitten! Can you come and take a look at him?"

"Coming, Zorie!" Lt. Blanco rushed over. "Go see to Wallace. I extracted one of the bullets, but the other's still in him." She examined the wound that Zorie pointed out to her. "Ah, don't worry, Airman, you're fine. The wound only resembles a bite. It must have been made by a jagged piece of metal. I can see why Zorie got mixed up. It almost fooled me for a second. Get on up to the balcony, then report to the comm room on the southwest corner." She spoke over the airwaves again. "Airman Cheng is cleared to go upstairs."

Zorie took out her forceps and tried to remove the second round from Wallace's back, but could not get a grip on it. Wallace slowly recovered his wits. "Oh, no," he said, when he saw Dr. Owens start to stir and speak within the room. "I shot the doc. I thought he was one of them. I'm so sorry..."

"You bet I'll come," said Joe Soarez to Colin Lewis. "You can't ditch me that easy, buddy."

In Room 5-
"Thanks," Amanda said to Malanowski. "Yeah, this isn't the first time I've treated a wound on the battlefield. I was a combat nurse in 'Nam. That's where I met Clarence."

Dr. Owens groaned as he regained his senses. To his horror, one of the first things he saw was his dead son with a few bullet holes in his head. "Adrian!" he cried. He had lost everything today: his wife, his home, and now his only son. Perhaps he was simply numb from shock, but he recovered almost immediately.

"I'll take it from here," said Amanda. She gently squeezed Dale's shoulder. "I'm sorry. There wasn't anything else anyone could have done. Your son was already dead before he..." She started very efficeintly cleaning and repairing his head wound to a decent extent. "You're going to be all right, Doc. The bullet went clean through."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Meeting Amanda's eyes, Malanowski asks: "Where to after this? Do you and the rest of your gang have a destination in mind? Keith had mentioned trading the Rough Riders' services for goods." Looking over the blood spattered corpse of Baldwin, Malanowski points out: "This guy doesn't look like he's going to be needing his weapons any longer..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In Room 5-
"Warren AFB might be our next stop," said Amanda, "if we can get inside. After that, I'm not sure. I'll need to discuss it with my husband and the boys. We are looking for more guns, ammo, water, and food. Medical supplies would be nice too. We can help out with defense, repair work, and heavy lifting while we're here."

Malanowski found a Remington Sportsman 74 rifle on Baldwin's back. It was loaded with 3 rounds, and he had another 26 in several magazines. He also had two handguns in his belt: a .38 Colt Viper with 4 bullets left, and a 9mm Sig Sauer P-226 that had formerly belonged to Lt. Malone. He had fired the latter gun once, and he had three full magazines remaining.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Well, I might be able to assist in that regard," the Airman replies cryptically. Recognizing the Sig Sauer in the dead trucker's palm, Malanowski pries it from his death grip and holds it up for emphasis: "This is USAF property," he says, pocketing the three accompanying clips. "That rifle and pistol, though, could be safely liberated..." he remarks with a sly wink.
Last edited by John Gaunt on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(It's one of the outlying missile bases in eastern Wyoming that has been compromised and is about to be nuked. The main base itself is intact.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Pulling himself together with a visible shudder, Kincaid raised his voice over the chatter.

"I think moving is a bad idea. Who's to say we're safer anywhere else than we are here? We've got plenty of food, and plenty of material to make defenses with. I've already got some ideas in that respect. Besides... one of the soldiers already here told me that they're mission was to hold this position no matter what. Are we going against orders now? If we are, I'm staying here anyway. Don't much fancy my chances out in the open, with no cover and no avenue of resupply. At least I know what I got to work with here, rather than at an airbase that might already be full of zeds..."
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Lt. Doolittle turns to Rameriz, "I'm fine...I just really wanna get out of here. Fixing this thing is our best shot of that. so if you don't mind I'm just gonna keep working."

She turns back and tries her luck again to get things running. This time she seems to have better luck

A satisfied smile appears on her face.
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Cole, still absent mindedly looking about, says, "Sarge, I figure giving 5 mags to the luke guy will be plenty. Stands to reason the more I have the more I get to kill is all. We don't know what kind of shot he is or nothing, you know."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sheen says, "Sarge I agree with whatever you say but all I know is that this is the only thing I am good at so if you give too much ammo I will have nothing to do."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, i will go now.
Cheng follow to the upstairs.
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

Ooc: Does Luke have the mike?

On the Roof-

Black thinks for a moment.

In the Comm Room-

"I understand. Before today I was apart of the DSS. When the shit hit the fan they gave me a gun and told me to help out."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The comm gear is not broken, so there's no need to try to repair it. If you ever needed to, you'd have to roll Electronics rather than Electrical Repair. If you want to learn how to use it, you could roll either Electronics or Computer Use. Doolittle's Computer Use skill is higher, so she'd use that one. Counting that roll as a Compouter Use roll means it's a failure, so she still doesn't know how to use the equipment. By the way, if you have multiple characters in this thread, you do not need to post separately for each one. You can combine them in the same post by using headings indicating where they are and mentioning your characters' names in each section somewhere. That's what I and some of the players already do.

Cole wasn't there before to see Luke in action, but Black and Sheen do know that Luke is a very good shot. He's not quite as good as the two of them, but he's close. Remember that the 7.62mm magazines Luke wants hold 5 bullets each, and you've got over 50 of them available. If you give him only 5 magazines, that's just 25 bullets. They won't last him all that long. Luke does have a radio, and he can hear anything you say on it. I post any statements made on the radio in the other thread for him to hear.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by fulcilives2003 »

(Sorry bout all that)

In comm room:

Doolittle seeing she knows nothing about the equipment she has to work with just slumps down in defeat and buries her head between her legs.

"I just wanna get out of here."

On roof:

Cole waits patiently for the Sarge's decision on how the ammo should be divided.
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

Black talks over the radio to Luke. "This is sgt Black to luke. How would you feel about joining us up here?"

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz has a worried look on his face. He doupts Doolittle will be flying any time soon.

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”