IC: CH2 - LONDON - (Andrei, Maksim & Nethaniel)

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

IC: CH2 - LONDON - (Andrei, Maksim & Nethaniel)

Post by Raiko »

The Euston Station Hotel - Euston Road, London
1:15pm - Wednesday 28th January, 1925

Walking briskly across the street without looking back at his companions, Andrei is greeted at the entrance to the Euston Station Hotel by a uniformed doorman, who quickly calls across a hotel porter to assist with Andrei's luggage. The porter, a lad no older than fifteen, is wearing a blue uniform and cap and accompanies Andrei ask he walks to the receptionist's desk inside the hotel's plush candlelit foyer.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC - Andrei Zatisov, alone in London

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim whistles as he enters the hotel behind Andrei, coming up to put a hand on his shoulder while flicking the porter a shilling. "Give us a moment, will ya?" he asks the kid. OOC: They probably got their money changed over while in New York or perhaps at the train station. Far as I'm aware, only English money is used in England. He figures a shilling is probably a lot but the porter seems like a good kid and he knew he'd only spend it on drugs and alchohol, anyhow.
A reckless man's power is but a gun in the hands of a fool.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Re: IC: Andrei & Maksim, Alone in London

Post by Raiko »

The Foyer - Euston Station Hotel, London
1:16pm - Wednesday 28th January, 1925

"Thankyou sir, that's most generous."

The porter greatfully accepts Maksim's generous tip, he moves away a discrete distance to allow Maksim and Andrei to talk privately.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"Not this time, Maks, I'm serious."

Andrei looks extremely distracted. His eyes are darting left and right as conflicting thoughts churn around in his head.

"Just... leave me alone. I really need to be alone. I'm going to... I'm going to strangle someone, I swear!"

Andrei turns away, ashamed and angry, and stalks to the front desk. Then he stops and turns around, marching back to Maks.

"Your brother is a low-life peasant, like I always knew he was! A dog! Do you people have no honor whatsoever? Thank God I never had the misfortune of serving in the common forces with people like yourselves! Stabbing each other's backs! Disgusting! Tell your brother he should hope he never sees me again! The bastard!"

Again, Andrei spins around and marches to the front desk, face burning.

Half those words could have come right out of the mouth of my father. Damn. I just insulted Maks, to, didn't I? I didn't mean to. Damn. Who cares.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"Andrei..." Maksim catches his elbow to stop him. "If that's what this is about, then just come outside and take a swing at me. I wear my brother's face. I would rather suffer a hit intended for him, then let you isolate yourself from everyone. I've been there. It's not fun. And sure, they don't make it easy. I mean, if they really cared they would be here right now like I'm here. I don't know. Maybe they don't understand. Maybe they're all just dumb as dog shit but not you... You know how vulnerable we all are. If we stand alone, they'll take us down. As much as they piss you off, you have to stand with them because at the very least, their flesh can soak the bullets so yours don't have to." He says the last sentence as a joke.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei allows Maks to trail him to the front desk, where he orders a room as the Russian brother continues to prattle on at his side. If Maks' words have affected him, Andrei shows no sign of it. He waits, scowling, for the conceirge to retrieve his keys, then heads for the stairwell with a curt nod to the porter (who is handling his trunk).
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim shrugs with a deep sigh. There was always a Plan B... "Oh, I'm so glad this place will take on people like us," says Maksim loudly. "Usually we're not allowed to share a bed!" He reaches forward, grabs Andrei's face and gives him a peck on the mouth. "How simply charming! How progressive!"
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei's face goes red, and his face twists into a snarl. He grabs for Maks' collar, but misses. As Maks dances backwards, Andrei continues to advance towards him. He's still holding his satchel in one hand, but the other is clenched into a fist.

Andrei has had enough of being shamed by the Russian brothers.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim dances backwards out of the hotel. "Your life matters to me," he says, then stops on the sidewalk for Andrei to slug him. "I won't let you be alone to die."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"Well, leave me alone, regardless."

He drops his fist, satisfied that Maks has left the premises, and turns back into the hotel, striding quickly to the stairwell. To the dumbfounded porter, he calls, "Take the trunk to my room, come on now!"
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"C'mon, I've used half of my best lines already," says Maksim, breaking into a jog to catch up. "Don't make me scrape to find more! People won't think I'm swell if I do."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei shakes his head and grumbles to himself, walking briskly up the stairs, key jingling in his hand. He consciously ignores anything Maks says as they climb the stairs and walk down the hall.

He unlocks the door to his room and tries to slip inside and slam the door before Maks can do anything.

[OC: If Maks wants a chance to stop him, we can make whatever rolls are necessary.]
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"So when everybody dies, you want to be invited to their funeral?" he asks, hurrying to catch the door.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

[OC: Laraqua and I decided on a DEX Resistance roll, Andrei's DEX (12) is active, Mak's (14) is passive. 40% chance, I rolled 72.]

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1335051
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Maksim catches the door before Andrei can shut it.

Out of the corner of his eye Maks spots the hotel manager, flanked by two large porters, exiting the elevator. He looks rather stern, and appears to be heading for the 'Russian Couple'.

Apparently the Euston Station Hotel isn't such a progressive place after all!
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"What do you expect to achieve in a different hotel room?" asks Maksim, darting into the room and sitting on the couch. "If you're willing to leave everyone to die, why don't you just go back to America? Or Russia? You can't do anything on your own without getting killed. None of us can. And you can't stay here. I'm far more persuasive than you, if you lie to the hotel people, I lie better."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"I can stay wherever the hell I want! Stop telling me what to do!" Andrei is standing at the threshold of the door, looking in at Maks. He doesn't notice the porters until they're right behind him.

He glares at them indignantly. "What the hell is going on?" Once he realizes their intent, he blushes with embarrassment and anger. He speaks slowly and with grave intent, using his best English, and the intimidating techniques of someone from the upper class. "Now listen here. I've been pursued by this hooligan ever since I got off the train. He's doing everything he can to prevent me from staying here. ALONE. If you're going to throw someone out, please do me a favour and remove him from the premises. I've already chased him out of the hotel once. And I should hope that I'm not bothered by anyone else of his nature during my stay."

He stands aside in the hallway with his arms crossed, waiting for the porters to do their duty.

[OC: Linked the Persuade roll - rolled 64, needed 80]
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"Oh, I get it," says Maksim, sauntering over to Andrei and phony whispering in his ear. "You want me to go and you'll go hold the door open for me later on. Let me sneak inside, hmm?" He speaks with complete confidance, assured of the truth in his statement, and peers at Andrei with love, devotion and trust in his gaze.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Andrei’s Room - The Euston Station Hotel, Euston Road, London
1:20pm – Wednesday 28th January, 1925

The hotel manager - a rather overweight, middle aged man, with a fashionably large moustache - looks very sternly at Andrei, before turning his attention to Maksim:

"I’m very sorry sir, but I’m afraid I shall have to ask you to leave."

He puffs out his chest haughtily, "I really don’t understand what the situation is between you two gentlemen, but this chap is a guest, and you sir are not!”

"At the Euston Station Hotel, we do not allow our guests to be plagued by unwanted visitors."

The two porters step forward, they are both large men, almost as big as Andrei.

"These men will show you the way out sir; please don’t make this more difficult than it has to be."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[OOC: Sorry Laraqua, I’ve had to penalise your roll quite heavily (half skill) as Andrei’s a guest and Maks isn’t.

Maksim can either give up and leave, or make a fast talk roll, but you’ll needed a critical success to sway the manager, and a failed roll (more than your fast talk) might prove to be painful.

BTW: You’ve both pulled some very nice moves, great roleplaying.]
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"Fine," says Maksim, wiping his hands together. "Their blood..." He flicks imaginary blood at Andrei. "...your hands. Just remember to tell someone what you want on Elizabeth's tombstone. Or mine."

He leaves.

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”