IC: CH2 - LONDON - (Andrei, Maksim & Nethaniel)

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC: CH2 - LONDON - (Andrei, Maksim & Nethaniel)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oh bollocks! Gwen!

Nathaniel darts after Andrei but his dreadful fear keeps him at least a few paces behind him. As he runs Nathaniel fumbles with the latch on his crossbow case. In the confusion he drops his book bag. As he runs behind Andrei, Nathaniel calls for Gwen.

Gwen! Gwen! Help is on the way Gwen!
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim looks for a handbag and grabs it first before following the others, his gun almost appearing magically in his hand.
A reckless man's power is but a gun in the hands of a fool.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Room 4 (Egyptian Sculpture) - The British Museum, Bloomsbury, London

Andrei dashes north through the Egyptian exhibition; Nethaniel and Maks are a few seconds behind him as he hurtles into the next section of the long room.

Time seems to stand still, Andrei finds himself charging towards a weasel faced Arab man. The Arab is already aiming his revolver in Andrei's direction - grinning wickedly he pulls the trigger.

There is some sort of scuffle going on some distance behind the Arab man, but Andrei doesn't have time to take it all in.

OOC- Maksim & Nethaniel:

Nethaniel and Maks are a little behind Andrei - they can see their friend, but not the Arab man yet.

Obviously they will hear any gunshots, and witness any injury to Andrei.

Please don't post until the situation with Andrei is resolved.

OOC - Andrei:

Andrei's gun is out already, so he can either try to shoot first - without dodging, or he can try to dodge then return fire.

The range is approx: 10-15 feet.

Dodging will use my opposed dice roll system, so a successful dodge roll doesn't guarantee safety.

If you want Andrei to dodge, then make a dodge skill roll, and also a handgun roll & damage roll if you want to return fire.

If you want Andrei to try to shoot first then make a DEX roll, and also a Handgun & Damage roll.

The DEX opposed on the resistance table by the Arab's DEX - Low numbers are good for Andrei, high numbers good for the Arab.

The Arab isn't dodging until after he's fired - however that works out for him.

Please just declare your action and make the dice rolls OOC. I'll post a narrative IC post as soon as I've seen the results.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei has his hand on his gun, still in the satchel, when he bursts into the room. The last thing he expected to see was a gun trained on him, though.

He panics and throws himself to the ground, and tries to scrabble backwards, out of the room, still holding onto his precious satchel.

[OC: He's dodging, and getting back out of the room, rather than return fire at this point. Andrei isn't nearly cool enough in a gunfight to stand and shoot, survival instincts kick in. Hopefully this will prevent him getting hit by more gunshots this turn, as well. Dodge roll - need 24% - Roll - 01!!!! Wow!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Andrei hurls himself sideways, as the Arab gunman pulls the trigger. The report of the gunshot echoes through the exhibition.

The bullet misses - just - and Andrei quickly scampers back the way he came, taking cover behind the wall of the arch between these two sections of the Room 4 exhibition.

The Arab furiously fires a second shot that slams into the wall just as Andrei takes cover.

OOC:
Spoiler:
Andrei has his gun out now, if you want him to.

Nethaniel and Maksim heard both gunshots as they caught up to Andrei. I’m assuming that they both take cover with Andrei, so they aren’t in a position to see into the next section of the exhibition, and they can’t see the Arab man, but if either one of you wants to run straight ahead then it’s up to you.

If you take cover, then you’re safe.

If you run straight through, then you spot the Arab gunman, and face the same choices Andrei had - dodge then fire, or try to get the first shot in.
Coffee Demon:
Spoiler:
I’ll PM you to let you know what Andrei spotted beyond the gunman.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nathaniel takes cover and calls for Gwen again. Now his crossbow case is on the floor and the crossbow is in his hands. Sweating like a panicked pig, Nathaniel calls out to Gwen.

Gwen! Are you alright? Gwen! You sodding Prick! If you hurt Gwen!
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"There's three of them!"

Andrei is sweating, he's standing near the doorway, gun trained on the entrance, ready to fire if someone comes through. He's more afraid than angry now, the last thing he wants to do is get shot.

"They're going to kill that woman if we don't do something!"

He looks at Maks and Nathaniel expectantly, and glances back down the way they came. He hesitates for a moment, listening through the archway and considering the implications of shooting at someone, or even killing them, and whether he'd be imprisoned for it.

[OC: Assuming this all happens in a couple seconds, just waiting one more second to hear if anyone responds to Moore before I do anything else. Did I see another exit to the room Gwen is in? Or are they trapped in a dead-end? Rolled 39 to Listen, needed 25.]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Right then! On three...

Nathaniel doesn't know where his courage is coming from but he digs deep and finds just enough to move. He cocks his crossbow back as far as it would go and joins Andrei leaning against the wall.

You're lead mate!

oc- Nathaniel will follow Andrei into the room and fire his crossbow at one of the Arab's holding a gun if he can see one. He will hesitate to look for Gwen before he shoots.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim already has his gun out. "There any other exits through there? If not, we can just wait for them to come to us."

hen he starts singing his own little lullaby under his breath about just what he wants: "BAR BAR black sheep, have you any ammo..."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

[OC: Andrei is going to fire into the room blindly on his first shot, then advance a tiny bit, so he can see, but behind good cover, and aim and fire at the gun-wielding Arab, or anyone charging at him.

Rolled 77 on the (first) wild shot (Pistol 65%), then 68, so both miss. If second one hit because Point Blank, it did minimum damage! 4 dam on 2d6+2.]
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim curses that Andrei didn't bother to reply. If it turns out the enemy could not have escaped and they could have made an easy victory, he determines to pistol slap Andrei. This is ridiculous. It was almost as though Andrei wanted everyone to go down in a hail of bullets.

Gritting his teeth, he follows Andrei's lead. Two bullets, 56, 11, both hits - 63% skill.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:

:shock: Oops, hold on please everyone.

Sorry I really tried to find time to post during the weekend, but I was very busy at home, and fell asleep at night. :oops:

Laraqua / Maksim: Andrei’s never been here before, so he probably can’t answer Mak’s question.

Dsig: Nethaniel has been here, obviously. He knows that there is a way out through the north end of the exhibition. So yes the murderers/kidnappers or whatever they are can escape through there.

I’m going to post a map of this part of the museum; I meant to scan it out of my London Guidebook over the weekend. I’ll see what I can do from work today.

I’m really sorry that I didn’t get back to you earlier, but you’ve all posted twice now, and there’s still stuff outstanding from the first post.

I’m PMing Jtull, because Gwen might be able to respond to Nethaniel’s shouting.

After that, I’ll assume that you go ahead and try to storm the north room, as the bad guys can indeed escape.

Coffee: As Andrei’s going first, I need Coffee Demon to make a DEX roll for him on the resistance table, to see whether he gets the drop on the bad guys or not. I’ll also make some sort of roll to see how they react to Andrei’s first wild shot around the corner. So I also might need a spot hidden roll for Andrei.

Laraqua: I might need a DEX roll for Maksim, I might also need a spot hidden roll. Please make both.

Dsig: Please make the same DEX & spot hidden rolls for Nethaniel, and also a crossbow roll as well.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Dex - 10 (pass), Spot Hidden - 31 (pass), two extraneous ones are a 66 and 68. Also, far as Maksim knows, Andrei spotted the baddies in an exhibition room not a corridor. If it's a room, he'd have a chance of seeing if its a dead end or not.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nathaniel's rolls

Dex: rolled exactly Dex=14
Spot : fail
Crossbow : Pass
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

DSIGFUSS wrote:Nathaniel's rolls

Dex: rolled exactly Dex=14
Spot : fail
Crossbow : Pass
Dsigfuss: I need your exact rolls - and invisible castle links. My opposed dice-roll system means that it's not as simple as pass/fail. The DEX roll is on the resistance table, so your DEX is compared to the DEXs of the Arab gunmen to see who wins - 14's a good roll though, unless the other guy(s) DEX is much higher.

Laraqua, I'll definitely have a map up tonight - so hopefully the layout will be more clear then. The room is too big & full of exhibits for Andrei to have seen the other exit from the room.

The room you are in in 50ft x 50ft, the room to the north (where Gwen is) is 100ft x 50ft. The 'door' between the rooms is about 25ft across.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - The rolls are there. Under the link.. I usually put my links in orange so they are more easily seen. I've noticed keepers often miss the blue url links when I link them to a word. so I make them orange if I have the time.

It's under Nathaniels's rolls .
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

IC:

The Egyptian Exhibition Rooms - The British Museum, Bloomsbury, London

Everyone hears Gwen shout back in reply to Nethanial, she sounds despirate:
Gwen wrote:"Nethaniel! Over here!"

OOC:

Sorry for the hold up, I’ll try to get a move on. I kept putting things off until I had the map posted, so no more excuses. :oops:

Here’s the maps at last:

Click for a full sized view.

Here’s a close-up of the Egyptian Rooms:
The Egyptian Rooms
The Egyptian Rooms
britishmuseum2.jpg (27.8 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
You’ve all taken cover where the green dot is in the ‘Egyptian Central Saloon’, you entered from the ‘South Egyptian Gallery.’

Alison’s body is in the ‘Egyptian Central Saloon,’ about thirty feet away from you.

Gwen is approximately where the red dot is in the ‘North Egyptian Gallery,’ about 40-50ft away - the gunman who shot at Andrei is somewhere in between, about 10-20ft away.

Contrary to my previous post there is only one other way out of that room, a door to the north (on the left of the close-up map), the modern floor plans are more different than I thought, but as it doesn’t really effect IC events, I’m conveniently switching to these historically accurate floor plans.

As I said the Egyptian rooms are approx 50ft across, the North Gallery is approx 100ft long.

There’s lots of cover, but not so much in the doorway between sections - although there do appear to be some pillars there.

There is also an Upper Floor, I’ll post a map of that if it’s necessary. Make use of the map, but remember that only Nethaniel actually knows his way around here.

As Andrei was leading the way, and everyone else posted about following him, I’ll wait now for Coffee to confirm that Andrei went for it after hearing Gwen reply to Nethaniel.[/color]

I’ve got everything that I need to make my next post, so unless Andrei bottles out, please don’t post anything else IC until I’ve posted again.

If Andrei does go for it, I’ll assume that he makes use of the pillars in the doorway while advancing.

I’ll look tonight to see if Coffee has posted, in the meantime I’ll write up the next post on the assumption that you all stick to your previous posts.

I’ll trying to start using Google-Sketchup to produce 3d floor plans and external views of buildings, but unfortunately the British Museum is a little beyond my ability for the moment.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:
Spoiler:
Coffee hasn’t been online since my post yesterday. I’ll wait until tonight (my time), and then just assume that you stick to your plan.

You guys are all usually online while I’m in bed, so waiting until then shouldn’t hold things up.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

[OC: Andrei isn't going to advance yet - his first shot was because he was scared, and trying to get the bad guys to duck. On the second shot he reveals himself, but only enough to make an aimed shot (which he failed)]

The two rolls you asked for:

Opposed Dex: Rolled 94.
Spot Hidden (at 25%): Rolled 58.

I will seriously try to post every day, but I fully accept the consequences of not doing so!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Andrei fires wildly around the corner before looking around and taking a second shot at the gunman just as he dives for cover. Andrei’s second shot ricochets uselessly off a four thousand year old alabaster statue of the sun god Amun-Ra.

As Andrei’s gunshots force the bad guys to head for cover Nathaniel and Maksim burst out into the doorway looking for targets, they both spot an Arab man attacking the prone Gwendolyn. She strikes the man on the head with a broken piece of statuette, and before he can recover he is gunned down by Maksim and hit by Nathaniel’s crossbow bolt.

The two investigators dodge behind heavy pillars as the Arab gunman opens fire from behind the statue, he fires four times in all but none of the shots find their mark.

Meanwhile a third Arab man -a massive, heavily built thug - runs away towards the north end of the exhibition.

OOC:
Spoiler:
Right then, Andrei is still in the same place, he fired once without looking and once after taking aim, neither shot hit.

Nathaniel and Maksim both spotted the guy attacking Gwen, he’s now bleeding out or dead on the floor. Both Nathaniel and Maks are behind one of the pillars in the doorway.

Jtull can join in in this thread now, as all four of you are now aware of each other.

The original gunman is out of sight behind the big statue, but he has now fired six times altogether, so he’s probably out of ammo.

The third Arab, the big guy, is running away and hasn’t been targeted yet – it you want to attack him you’ll have to give chase, but everyone (except Gwen) would need to get past the gunman first

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”