IC: CH2 - LONDON - First Thread

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC: CH2 - LONDON - (Elizabeth, Caroline, Timour & Johnny)

Post by Timour Rukov »

"Calm down, love." Timour states matter of factly, as though it was all she needed to hear. He calmly pulls a cigarette out, offering one up to the ladies as well. "I didn't say they weren't queer."

Timour remains silent for a moment, puffing away on his cigarette thoughtfully. He surely wasn't going to admit to Elizabeth just how much the painting of the bloody tongue caused his skin to crawl. She'd never know...never understand what it felt like to be trapped inside a dream for days. And there was simply no manly way to describe it....not without sounding like a drip.

"Well, I did hear from the newsman that he was quite the character. But reptiles? What did you make of it Caroline? Any reptilian old ladies to write home about?" Timour grins at Elizabeth, trying desperately to lighten the mood, and pats her hand affectionately for a moment. "Don't worry. We won't go back. But it'll make quite the tale for the rest of the bunch, hm?" And about Andrei and Maksim....I don't know where we'd find them. Have you two any ideas?
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

OOC:
Spoiler:
Sorry, my slow response has really held up your thread. Things really will be better this week.

All of you passed your modified knowledge rolls: The British Museum has a large Egyptian Exhibition (which Elizabeth has visited before) - the scene in the painting could well be depicting that room.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Elizabeth ignores Timour's cigarette, and perhaps his comments as well, as she stares intently at the painting. "Wait! Of course! It's the Egyptian section at the British Museum. I knew I recognized it from somewhere."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:
Spoiler:
I’ll wait another night to make sure that everyone has a chance to reply. After that: I assume you’re heading to the Museum.

I also need one more night to ensure that everything is synchronised correctly again. LOL
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Approaching the British Museum - Great Russell Street, Bloomsbury, London.

Timour drives to the British Museum as quickly as he can, when he approaches the scene looks ominous: there are lots of police cars and journalists present, as well as many ‘interested bystanders.’ The museum itself appears to have been cordoned off by the police.

OOC:
Spoiler:
I’ll post images of the museum from home tonight (can’t do it from work).
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Oh." Elizabeth's eyes sweep over the mess of people, looking for any familiar faces. To Timour she says, "Just park somewhere. We need to find out what happened."
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour pulls the car over and parks, shutting the engine off. Before he hops out he stares into the mass of people quietly, before pocketing the keys, and mumbling a "Let's go."

He holds the doors for the ladies, then treks across the parking lot to the commotion. He keeps a watchful eye out for any officials, standing right behind them so that he may overhear their conversation.

O.C. Listen :(
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline takes her ever-present medical bag, hoping she won't need it but quite willing to volunteer her services should such be required.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

As they work their way towards the museum Elizabeth, Caroline and Timour all overhear gossip about what’s happened, but it’s all rumour. It is clear that somebody has been killed inside the museum, though the number of deaths is uncertain, some people are saying that there is only one victim, others claim that up to ten are dead.

From the snatches of conversation around the investigators they hear the words “Egyptian Killers,” “Mutilated,” “Gunfire,” and “Russian.”

As they near the museum they find a line of policemen blocking anyone from proceeding further along the street.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline holds up her bag. "Let me through!" she commands. "I'm a doctor!"
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth sticks close to Caroline, determined to pass through the line with her.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour makes his way to the back of the line, nodding to Elizabeth to go with Caroline. "I'll see you inside," he whispers, then makes his way around the side of the building to the back, looking for another entrance, hopefully one un-guarded.

-Orson Wells
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

“I’m sorry doctor, but nobody is allowed past.”

The constable smiles, “Thanks for offering to help, but the injured have already been dealt with.”

OOC:
Spoiler:
If Caroline or Elizabeth want to continue trying to talk their way past the policeman, then please make a diplomacy, fast talk or credit rating roll (and another IC post).

Alternatively he seems genuinely friendly enough, so you might be able to ply him for clues.

In either case a successful APP x5 roll may give a bonus (after all this is 1925 London, two attractive young American ladies couldn’t possibly be up to anything dastardly).

As for Timour, if he still wants to try and get in around the side / back of the museum, then he must make a successful Luck or Spot Hidden roll (your choice) to find a unguarded entrance. There are lots of police here, but the museum building is huge so they may have left some entrances unwatched.

A failed roll means he can’t find an unguarded entrance; a ‘fumble’ (rolling 95+) means he accidently tries sneaking into a guarded entrance, and must make a sneak check. LOL.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"But officer, we think our friends are in there! Two Russian men? One a large man, one too hansom for his own good? Please, we must see them." Although genuinely concerned, she manages to add a charming smile to her request.

OOC:
Spoiler:
The link breaks the spoiler code, but my results are: APPx5 (85), rolled 40, and fast talk (64), rolled 43 (roll id: 1475954)
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour finds an unguarded entrance, and tries the doorknob. If it turns he pokes his head in, before entering, trying to stay to the shadows in case a security guard surprises him.

-Orson Wells
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

“Ah yes, the Russian’s!”

The constable smiles, “Your friends are perfectly ok miss, in fact they are the heroes of the hour I think.”

“I’ll take you through to them now, although you may not be able to speak to them until the inspector has finished dealing with them.”

The constable turns towards the museum entrance and leads Elizabeth and Caroline inside, leaving his colleagues to deal with the crowd for now.

He leads the ladies through a few of the museum’s huge halls, as they enter the Egyptian exhibitions Elizabeth and Caroline spot Andrei, Maks and two others (one man and one lady), being led towards them by another uniformed police constable.

Timour sneaks quietly through the west wing of museum, most of the halls are currently deserted, the few people (all policemen) that he does spot seem to be mostly heading towards one part of the huge building.

Following one of them as discretely as he can Timour finds himself inside the museum’s famous Egyptian exhibition. Across the hall he sees the same police constable that was outside leading Elizabeth and Caroline towards another group of people...

...a group that includes his brother and Andrei!

Please post all replies in this new thread for now. :)

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”