IC: Limehouse Raid

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Grafster
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC: Limehouse Raid

Post by Grafster »

The PI peruses a large chart navigational chart as the car pulls to a halt in the pool of light under a street lamp.

"Shang-hai. The crates from the Foundation were headed to a Shang-hai address."
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei ensures that no one is watching them, then starts pushing out larger holes in the glass so the bullet holes look more like thrown rocks.

"Watch yourself, Ellie."

He pauses for a minute, again looking around, then removes his jacket and lays it across her lap.

"So you don't get cut."

He says nothing for a moment, pushing and picking at the glass.

"So this fellow at the Foundation, this place that co-sponsored the Carlyle Expedition... they're shipping things to Shanghai. Fine."

He quickly gets out of the car and pushes at the holes from the outside, so they dent inwards. Then he brushes off his seat, slides back in, and gets the car moving back towards the hotel as quickly as possible.

"What is this Foundation supposed to do, anyways? Do they have a reason to ship things to Shanghai?"
OC,Why did the police raid the warehouse again? I just looked through the beginning of this thread, and I don't see a reason. Did we know why that happened?
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

"Do you suppose we should find some bricks, the ones that the hooligans threw at us?" Elizabeth asks. After a second of thought, she answers her own question, "No, I suppose that if they ask, we could always just claim to have tossed them out the window. Oh!" She opens her purse and pulls out her intricately decorated flask. She takes a sip, which does seem to calm her nerves a little.
"What is this Foundation supposed to do, anyways? Do they have a reason to ship things to Shanghai?"
"Well, they were established to sponsor expeditions to various parts of the world. Their collection includes an impressive number of artifacts that these trips have returned. It seems unlikely that they would send an expedition to Shanghai, although they could claim that they were sending supplies for an expedition through there?"
OOC,If I remember right, Elizabeth, Caroline, and Johnny visited Scotland Yard and Johnny somehow let slip that he had seen weapons there?
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[strike]You can make any posts that you wish chatting during the drive back to the hotel over this weekend. On Monday I'll move your characters back into the Ritz.[/strike] EDIT: Actually scrub that, everyone's moving back towards the hotel now, so I'll put you back there tonight! :) [b]RE: The Warehouse[/b] The police raided the warehouse, because Johnny tipped them off when he, Elizabeth and Caroline visited Scotland Yard earlier in the day (back in 2008 :oops:). Johnny found out about the place when he followed a suspicious truck there from the Penhew Foundation the night before. I'm going to start putting together a new set of timelines, summaries, clues, etc. tonight as it's far too long since some things happened for any of you guys to be expected to remember well. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Please post in the Ritz Hotel Thread again now.

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”