IC: Limehouse Raid

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

IC: Limehouse Raid

Post by Raiko »

This thread continues the story from the Ritz Hotel HERE
This thread is for Johnny, Andrei and Elizabeth
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Re: IC: Limehouse Raid

Post by Raiko »

Limehouse District, London – Enroute to the Warehouse
3:00pm – Thursday 29th January, 1925

Limehouse is certianly the seediest part of London that Elizabeth and Andrei have seen during their visit to the city, rows of poorly maintained houses and small scruffy shops, mixed in with gambling dens, brothels, and dingy looking bars.

As he follows Johnny’s directions, Andrei is conscious that the Roll Royce really stands out here – it’s probably worth more than many of these people will earn in a lifetime.

As he ponders this fact the car is passed by two military looking lorries, the transports of Scotland Yard’s famous Flying Squad, heading at high speed in the direction of the warehouse – the investigators are just in time it seems.
Flying Squad Truck
Flying Squad Truck
flyingsquad.jpg (18.4 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Limehouse Street
Limehouse Street
Limehouse1.jpg (35.28 KiB) Viewed 3883 times
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei accelerates slightly, hoping not to miss anything at the warehouse. He doesn't go fast enough to trail the Flying Squad trucks, though.

"I'm going to drive slowly past the warehouse. Maybe we can find a place to park and get out to watch. But it would be nice to have the car nearby in case." In case of what, he doesn't say.

"This car stands out. But there will probably be enough going on that people aren't going to pay too much attention to us."
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Elizabeth nods and slips an arm through Andrei's. She silently watches the passing view.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The Seedy Warehouse – Limehouse District, London
3:05pm – Thursday 29th January, 1925

It doesn’t take Andrei long to drive to the warehouse, but even so by the time their car approaches it looks like it’s mostly over. The detectives of the Flying Squad can be seen dragging handcuffed individuals out of the warehouse, some of the suspects have cuts and bruises, but the cops all appear unharmed.

Sergeant Jones can be seen directing things outside the warehouse, but Barrington is nowhere in sight.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Oh, that does seem to have gone well. I wonder what they will find as they search the warehouse." Elizabeth watches Jones. "Perhaps we should keep from being noticed by the Sergeant?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[color=#FF0000][b]OOC:[/b][/color] I'm assuming that Andrei still plans to drive slowly past and then park out of sight, but I'll wait to give Coffee time to post.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei drives slowly past the warehouse, then parks on the next block. As he cruises by, he tries to assess how many of the suspects are Caucasian, and how many might be from places like Africa.

He puts the keys in his pocket and scans the streets, looking to see if anyone is paying them much attention.

"I don't think we're going to get much of a look at anything inside the warehouse right now. Maybe we should come back later? Or, I suppose we could wait until the police have left. I wonder if they're going to search the contents of the warehouse. I'd really like to know what's in there."

Andrei is craning his neck now, looking back through the rear window and watching the goings-on at the warehouse.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Presumably they will search out all the illegal arms. In the process, they may well uncover more items of interest. Shall we wait here to see if they bring out anything unusual?" Elizabeth turns around to view the scene.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Near the Warehouse – Limehouse District, London
3:40pm – Thursday 29th January, 1925

There are a dozen suspects all together; they appear to be mostly Asian (some Indian, some Chinese) plus two Europeans. Within fifteen minutes all twelve have been taken away by the police.

Once the suspects have been taken away, the police begin removing items from the warehouse; so far these all seem to be weapons – rifles and machineguns – and small crates which look like ammunition boxes.
OOC,[color=#ff0000][u]OOC:[/u][/color] Your characters have been watching things for just over half an hour so far. Make a hide roll each. It probably doesn’t matter if this fails as there’s a fairly large crowd watching, but roll anyway.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1818607/]Chapter 2 - Hide (10) - outside Limehouse raid (1d100=85)[/url]
Elizabeth continues to watch with interest as the suspects, and then boxes, are pulled out of the building.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"Well, since we've been here this long, we might as well wait and see if anything strange comes out."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1819775/]Andrei rolls 79 to Hide and fails.[/url]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Outside the Seedy Warehouse
4:05pm – Thursday 29th January, 1925

Nobody seems to notice the investigators observing the aftermath of the raid. After an hour the cops are finished, all of the warehouse staff have been removed, along with lots of military weaponry. As far as you can tell, no other suspicous items have been removed.

The warehouse is locked up, and two uniformed constables stand outside the front doors. The rest of the cops leave.
OOC,[color=#ff0000][u]OOC:[/u][/color] There’s another entrance around the back that Johnny used before. You can’t see from your current location whether or not it’s been left guarded.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth frowns. "Well, that was rather disappointing, was it not?"
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"Maybe not - Johnny, you mentioned a back door. Maybe we could come back later tonight and get a closer look at what's inside. I'll just drive by..."

Andrei starts the car and rolls around the block. He'll turn around and drive along the side of the warehouse (if it's possible) to see if the back door is unguarded. Whether it is or isn't, he'll keep driving by as though he's lost. If no one else wants to do anything, he'll head back to the rendezvous with the others.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

In View of the Seedy Warehouse – Limehouse, London

Johnny taps Andrei on the shoulder, “The way around the back is too narrow for the car Andrei, but if we walk around that warehouse...”

Johnny points to a neighbouring building, “...then I believe that we should have a clear view of the back entrance that I used earlier. It may be unguarded.”

“Perhaps we should wait until it’s going dark.”
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

ooc,When does the sun set?
Elizabeth looks around at the neighboring buildings. "Don't you think we''ll be noticed if we just sit here waiting?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[color=#ff0000][u]OOC:[/u][/color] Sunset is at 16:42. Twilight lasts until 17:18. It’s getting quite dark already due to the urban location. Pretty convenient I’d say. :)
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei pulls his satchel up from the floor of the car and places it on the seat between himself and Elizabeth. "I'm getting a little sore sitting here. Lets lock the car and go for a stroll for a few minutes, then come back and wait until nightfall. Johnny, you're welcome to stay and wait if you think we still need to keep an eye on the place. I just want to go up the street, away from the warehouse, then back. Stretch my legs."

Andrei will make sure no pedestrians are watching, and will slip his pistol into his coat pocket. Just in case.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

In View of the Seedy Warehouse – Limehouse, London[/b][/u][/color]

“I think it's best that we remain together – we should take care, if this is like Harlem, then the criminals could well be observing their warehouse from the surrounding buildings.” He looks at Andrei, “You learned that all too well yourself.”

“Clearly this London based gang act with more guile than the New York gang.” Johnny checks his own revolver before stepping out of the back of the car. He then opens the front door to allow Elizabeth to step out. Old habits die hard.

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”