IC: Scotland Yard - Johnny, Elizabeth and Caroline

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: IC: Scotland Yard - Johnny, Elizabeth and Caroline

Post by imme »

"Ah, well, that is good to hear," Elizabeth says, managing to regain some of her composure. "So the Blue Pyramid Club is a place to avoid for the next few days? The name sounds very exotic. Does that make it an interesting place to go or mean that it really is meant for foreigners?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

“To be honest, all of our stakeouts of the Blue Pyramid have been rather fruitless. I think it’s unlikely that the suspect will return there unless we get lucky, it’s a lot more likely that we’ll get a break from our surveillance of his residence.”

He shrugs, “The clientele at the Blue Pyramid is about two thirds Arabs, and the other third white tourists – Soho really isn’t the place for two nice young ladies to be going though.”
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Grafster »

As it looks like the discussion is about to break up the Johnny stands to hold the door for the ladies. As they file out he says with his straightest face... I was curious... machine guns are illegal in this country?
Assuming the policeman says yes (or something similar),[color=#8000FF]I was visiting a relative in the Limehouse the other day when I happened to notice something I thought a bit odd. A laboror dropped a crate they were unloading at a warehouse nearby; I wouldn't have paid it much attention except that a rather large gun tumbled out along with a lot of plates. It seemed odd they would be transporting it inside the same crate as those plates. They seemed quite flustered about the whole thing.[/color] [b]Johnny[/b]'s face is his best mask of polite reserve. [color=#8000FF]I happened to note the address, but if that sort of thing is normal here...[/color]
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Predictably, Jones looks quite startled, “Yes, eh yes under most circumstances machineguns are illegal in this country. Why do you ask?”
Grafster wrote:I was visiting a relative in the Limehouse the other day when I happened to notice something I thought a bit odd. A laboror dropped a crate they were unloading at a warehouse nearby; I wouldn't have paid it much attention except that a rather large gun tumbled out along with a lot of plates.

It seemed odd they would be transporting it inside the same crate as those plates. They seemed quite flustered about the whole thing.

Johnny's face is his best mask of polite reserve.

I happened to note the address, but if that sort of thing is normal here...
“Yes I’d very much like that address, I’d have to pass it along to the correct officer though; unless...” Jones looks slyly at Johnny, “unless you think this may be connected?”
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny strives to sound helpful and somewhat simple.

Well... I hadn't thought of it at the time but... there was a dark skinned man who seemed to be supervising the whole operation. He might have resembled that fellow who escaped from the museum.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

“Right then!” Sergeant Jones takes out his notebook, “I’d better take that address down then.”

“I’ll get it straight to the Inspector. We will probably have to get back in touch with you at your hotel, after we’ve checked this place out.”
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth turns her head and delicately coughs to hide her amusement.
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny assiduously provides the Sergent with any information he requires. That would be very kind of you.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Inspector Barrington’s Office – New Scotland Yard, Victoria Embankment, London
11:45am – Thursday 29th January, 1925

“Ok, well thank you for your help,” Jones stands up and offers a handshake to Johnny and the two ladies.

“I’d best be off to find Inspector Barrington. You can show yourselves out, if you remember the way.”

Detective Sergeant Jones
Detective Sergeant Jones
sergeant jones.jpg (15.94 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
OOC Info,[color=#FF0000][u][b]OOC:[/b][/u][/color] The photo is of Sergeant Jones from [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsomer_Murders]Midsomer Murders[/url], I don’t know how popular the series is outside the UK, but my wife is a [i]massive [/i]fan. I meant to post a picture of Jones earlier, but kept forgetting. [b]Inspector Barrington [/b]looks like [i]David Jason[/i], as he appears in [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Touch_of_Frost_(TV_series)]A Touch of Frost[/url], another UK detective series. What can I say; I like to use photos of the actual actor that I’d like to play the role – rather than just looking for the right face. :roll:
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

OOC,OOC: So now it looks like things circle back to the Penhew/Gavigan/warehouse connections. Now that the police are likely to be involved again,things should be hopping. I can't remember whether we thought [b]Edward[/b] was in on it or an innocent bystander. My PM notes indicate that [b]Caroline[/b] believed [b]Gavigan[/b] was hiding stuff about [b]Penhew's[/b] death.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Victoria Embankment – Outside New Scotland Yard
11:55pm – Thursday 29th January, 1925
OOC,[color=#ff0000][u]OOC:[/u][/color]I’ll make this post for [b]Johnny[/b] while Grafster is away, as I know that he normally shares all of the information that he finds. I’ve assumed that you are happy to leave Scotland Yard for now, in order to post [b]Johnny’s [/b]information, if you rather take the opportunity snoop around the building then let me know and I’ll delete this post. The spoiler tag below contains a copy of the information that I sent to Grafster by PM.
As the trio leave the New Scotland Yard building and stroll back along the embankment towards the car, Johnny takes out his notepad and says, “I noticed that the police appear to have been interested in The Blue Pyramid Club long before Andrei found that membership card.”

“They also appear to have had a different suspect for the crimes, one Tewfik al-Sayed. He has a shop in Soho.”

Johnny explains everything that he spotted on Inspector Barrington’s noticeboard.
Here’s what Johnny noticed,[quote="Raiko"]Johnny notices a list on the noticeboard, it's unfortunately positioned behind a newpaper cutting that describes yesterday's incident at the British Museum (about which Johnny already knows more than any Fleet Street journalist). Only the heading and first line of the list are visable. [quote] [size=120][b][u]Suspects[/u][/b][/size] [strike][i]1) Tewfik al-Sayed[/i][/strike] [/quote] The name has been crossed out, but clearly the man [b]Tewfik al-Sayed[/b] once figured highly in Inspector Barrington's investigation. Glancing at the noticeboard's map - largely hidden behind the various pinned notes and cuttings Johnny notes that one circled location has been labelled "al-Sayed's Spice Shop" - it's located on Arbour Lane in Soho. The location of the Blue Pyramid Club is also marked - the writing is faded a little though, so clearly the police had suspicions about the Club long before [b]Andrei[/b] found the membership card. Johnny tries to make a note of everything that he can see on the noticeboard, [color=#800000](OOC: I may refer back to the board later in the campaign if something jogs Johnny's memory)[/color] He notices that nothing appears to suggest that the police are suspicious of the Limehouse District.[/quote]
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

"The detective did say that the clientele was about a third white," Caroline says. "Perhaps ... perhaps I could go down there, maybe with Maks or someone else. It's not so hard for women to change their appearance. Maybe I could have a look around. I'm not sure what I'd be looking for, but I may be able to see something that the police wouldn't.

"On the other hand, there's the Gavigan matter," she continues. "I think it's clear that he's hiding something, maybe a good deal." She looks around a bit nervously for some validation.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Hmm," says Elizabeth. "We may want to investigate Soho, but we must think carefully about the safest way to do so. I do think you are quite right about Gavigan. The detective described him as being so dismissive about the cult idea. I suspect he knows that they were involved with the original massacre somehow. I'm starting to think that his hesitancy to speak about what he knows is due to some level of involvement in it all, which is too bad. He could have been an useful ally."
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

"Well, if we want to be careful, Maks is probably the wrong choice," Caroline opines. "But, yes, the Gavigan matter. Either he's implicated or in great danger, or both. In any case, it seems like perhaps he should be followed. Johnny? What do you think? You were keeping an eye on him till the other matter came up."
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

The detective purses his lips as he turns on the car and gently eases out of the parking spot.

He looks at Caroline. Personally, I am less keen on seeing anyone confront these little cults the organization is controlling directly. They're violent, extremely dangerous. Obviously filled with uneducated people who are being taken advantage of, through the use of opiates like drugs and superstitious beliefs.
ooc,It's not weird for Johnny to be familiar with Marx is it? He did go to college in the 1910s.
I'm not sure that I have developed a meaningful opinion about the man yet. I would like to follow him sometime. I don't know what these mechanical widgets are that were so heavily guarded when they moved from the foundation to the warehouse to the ship but it's not normal.
Johnny glowers as if the lack of normality is some sort of personal offense, specifically orchestrated by someone to offend him.

There is also a room in the Penhew that I'd like to visit. Though that would be a more... nocturnal activity.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’m moving everyone back to the Ritz Hotel now, please don’t post replies in this thread, unless you have a final reply to make to Johnny.

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”