IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

Post by imme »

Elizabeth becomes even a little more pale. "Yes, we are fairly aware of the particulars of Jackson's murder, considering that we arrived while his killers were still in the room ... it was also fairly ghastly." She stares into space for a minute, remembering how much has happened since that brutal first event, and then snaps out of her memories and looks directly at Jones.

"Sergeant, I know that this may be hard to believe, but we have been tracking this mystery for a while now and our investigation seems to indicate that these 'Egyptian Murders' of yours are actually part of a much larger problem. Jackson was killed because he had been working to uncover the circumstances surrounding the untimely end of the Carlyle Expedition, sponsored through the Penhew Foundation. It seems that an old and widespread cult may be behind all of this, although we have yet to understand their purpose."
OOC,Great, we'll join forces and conquer the enemy! ... or maybe just delay our insanity and death by a bit. How much debriefing should we do now? The PCs have a pretty long story to tell and it could take a while to relate it all to Jones, or even just a censored version.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good heavens!" says Jones. "I'm sorry, Miss Downing. I had no idea that you walked in on not just one but two of these gruesome murders. Finding this body must have brought back terrible memories. So you've come all the way to London because of Jackson Elias's murder. And you've seen the murderers! Of course, that means they've seen you as well. Are any of them still at large?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

sorry about formatting posting from mobile device

"it's good of you to personally assure the young lady's safety. I'm afraid this is all quite beyond me."

"yes and yes. Although, to be honest the police in new York really grappled with the scope of the thing. I was not present during the attack; but we got there before the police so I can tell you what it looked like. His face had been mutilated..." Johnny briefly outlines the physical description of the room and what was found there, omitting anything unseemly like riffling through pockets or taking evidence.

"There was a doctor with us, Miss Downing's friend Caroline who looked at the body. She told us... Johnny outlines anything the doctor told us.

"as for other deaths... We heard about something about.. In Harlem. Near a pawn shop. Dead police." the Chinese man pulls out a twisted but salvageable cigarette he rolled earlier. "do you mind?" he says to Jones
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"By all means," says Jones. "It will probably help you after the shock you've had. We shall definitely have to talk to Caroline when she returns about this and other matters, and also to send an enquiry by telegram to the New York police. In the meantime, let us continue with what has occurred here. At some point since you arrived in London you must have stepped on the killers' toes in your investigations. We need to go over everywhere you've gone, everything you've done, everyone you've spoken to. Let's start with today and work backwards. I'll see if I can construct a timeline." He holds his pencil poised over his notebook to write.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[quote="Grafster"][i]sorry about formatting posting from mobile device[/i][/quote] I know the feeling, as almost all my recent posts are from my phone! So much better than a year or two ago, but still so much worse than using an actual keyboard! :) Still, modern mobile devices are the reason I've been able to resume the game, and from the sound of it, the reason you've been able to join in! [b]Grafster & Imme: [/b]If you generalize how much detail you go into, and how truthful you are in your account to Jones, and if Mr Handy lets me know OOC how familiar he is with events from the London chapter, then I'll provide a synopsis for Jones.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I had read the London chapter from the beginning until the point at which you invited me to join, when I stopped following it. However, it was years ago when I actually read it, and the only parts I've looked at recently were the ones where [b]Jones[/b] was actually present, so I don't really remember it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,In that case I'll provide a synopsis of all events that Elizabeth or Johnny relate to Jones,leaving out details that they choose to skip. It's probably better if Grafster & Imme provide any actual lies themselves, as I've already got a lot on my plate with all the summaries that I've been promising, without trying to create "fictionalised" versions as well. I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm considering the actual campaign synopsis as non-fiction! :eek:
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny leans back

"well the lady was very fond of Jackson and his death was quite a shock. With an eye toward wrapping things up, and to be frank satisfy some curiosity we came to London. You should recall that the strain had taken quite a toll on his mind and his interests has always been of the mudraking variety so we wound up following a lot of peculiar paths"

The room gradually fills with smoke as the story plays out. Johnny is clear and factual about places visited and people met. He gives the same motivation for every visit "something turned up in Jackson's writing" or "having spoken to so-and-so we went to see X".
OOC So no visits were motivated by beliefs in magic,weird dreams, global conspiracies. He skips the smoke creature attack; which he wasn't there for. Doesn't mention watching the police raid and breaking into the Ivory Wind; he does mention the "brick breaking the windshield" incident. -I will add that at the appropriate moment. Johnny hasn't been at any of the major occult events; neither I nor he tries to summarize them. They get two or three word comments like "then there was the Museum Incident, which you have heard about. I wasn't there so I'm afraid I can't tell you much. After that we...
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth finishes her drink in silence, glad to have Johnny do the speaking. He is so much better at talking with the police, after all.
OOC,It seems like Elizabeth and Johnny are on the same page regarding what to tell Jones. No reason to lie, and happy to provide a factual summary, but vaguely skipping over the more supernatural elements. Elizabeth doesn't want Jones to think that they're crazy before he has a chance to see things for himself. But she won't shy away from the fact that their investigation so far has implicated what seems like a cult with a set of strange and disturbing beliefs/rituals. It is also going to come up in conversation that there are others involved in their party beyond Caroline, who Jones already knows about. Elizabeth will briefly explain who they are and how they're involved, but will be very protective of them, making sure not to imply any sort of illegal behavior (... of course avoiding all mention of a machine gun).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jones takes meticulous notes as Johnny speaks. "That makes sense," he comments. "The murders do seem to have a certain ritualistic bent to them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Barrington enters the room as Jones is speaking.

He excuses himself and approaches Sgt Jones. "I´d like you to accompany me up to the suite. Professor Forbes is examining the body as we speak. I found three hotel uniforms in the bathroom. So at least three assailants. The rooms were all cleaned at 1pm. But then they got the poor girl back up in the room and killed her. No noise or disturbance reported. What did you get from the two?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"For starters, this threatening note," says Jones, showing it to Barrington.

Code: Select all

Dear Miss Downing,

By the time you read this letter you will be beginning to understand the extent of my power. Your friend Jackson Elias poked his nose into matters that should not have concerned him.

Consider this to be a final warning and run off back to New York like a good little girl.

I understand the thirst for adventure amongst the youthful, but this story will have no happily ever afters, nor will your fairy Godmother appear to whisk you away. If you do not heed this warning you will die a most gruesome death.

Code: Select all

If you show this letter to Scotland Yard, then I will know.

Goodbye Miss Downing, do not worry your pretty head about my affairs ever again.

"Mind you put on gloves before you handle it, guv'nor," Jones adds. "We may be able to pull some fingerprints from it if we don't contaminate it. Both Miss Downing and Mr. Wong have touched it, as has at least one of the desk clerks, so they'll need to be printed too for comparison. The clerk who gave it to them saw the bloke who left it for them, so she'll need to be interviewed as well for a full description. It also seems that these Egyptian Murders have been occurring in New York as well. Jackson Elias was murdered in a strikingly similar manner. Later we'll need to send a telegram to the New York Police so we can compare notes with them. Miss Downing and her companions will clearly need protection during the remainder of their stay in London, and I volunteer to accompany them if needed. The interview is still not complete, but I can finish it after we examine the suite." He nods to Elizabeth and Johnny. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go with Inspector Barrington now, but we'll continue when I return. Is there anything you need before I leave?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Thank you, Sergeant, you have been very kind and I am sure we will be fine as we await your return."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite welcome, Miss Downing," replies Jones. "If you need anything while I'm away, just ask any of the uniformed constables."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hmm..." Barrington mutters after having read the note, after having put on a pair of cotton gloves. "Whose business has Ms Downing been looking into, then?" This being said when the two policemen have exited the interview room. "It reads like an educated fellow, I´d say. With contempt for Americans and youths. That indicates an upper class - from the old stock... Which should rule out any foreign ties we´re looking in to." He returns the note to Jones. "Can we get a make on the paper and ink possibly? Besides the prints that is." He walks the sergeant to the American´s suite and describes the scene, with the ritual sacrifice.
OOC,The rest of the content of this post has been moved to the Scotland Yard thread - by Raiko
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The content of this post has been moved to the Scotland Yard thread - by Raiko
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,@ Syrinx & Mr Handy: I'll move posting for your characters back to the Scotland Yard area while you're upstairs, in order to keep things uncluttered. I'll edit the two posts above to transfer some of their content to the other thread. :) That'll happen later though as it's too complicated to do on my phone! :lol: [quote="DI Barrington"]"...Would you care for a few weeks off to make sure they will be safe when leaving? You could accompany them to get some more information as to what they are on to, really. Not just what they care to share. Then you can wire the information to the Yard. Meanwhile, I´ll follow the leads back here."[/quote]Thanks for that Syrinx, that's just what I need. :) Assuming I don't manage to give Jones a more personal reason to stick with the investigation after the end of the chapter. :twisted: @Imme & Grafster: How are you two fixed for posting at the moment? I realise that real life will probably be very busy right now. For happier reasons in Imme's case. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

An empty hotel room - The Ritz Hotel - Piccadilly, London
7:45pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

As the door shuts behind the detectives, once again for the time being at least, Elizabeth and Johnny are left alone. All be it with a uniformed policeman outside the room to ensure that they are "safe".
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

OOC,Sorry for the delayed response, I was traveling the last few days. I get on another plane on Sunday and will be on the road that week. So I can post if need be, but I also don't mind waiting for our thread to sync up with others.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,No worries, enjoy your vacation. :) Grafster hasn't been posting, and he was really, really busy before Christmas. So there's no need to post until Grafster or Mr Handy are posting in this thread again.

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”