IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

Post by Raiko »

Johnny wrote: If you can help yourself.... don't go in. You seem like a nice fellow. Leave it to the police.
The concierge looks shocked and rushes for the manager. A minute later the two of them disappear upstairs.

A few more minutes pass before pandemonium begins to break out with Ritz staff rushing up and down stairs. A visibly pale faced manager passes back through the lobby. He stares in horror at Elizabeth and Johnny at the bar, but does not approach them,instead he dashes back into his office. After five more minutes the concierge arrives back downstairs and the bells of police cars can be heard arriving outside the hotel.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Once the pandemonium begins, Elizabeth puts her elbow on the bar and leans her forehead against her hand, partially shielding her face from curious eyes. She does not look forward to the conversations ahead.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The first policemen to arrive are all uniformed constables. There are six policemen in all, led by a sergeant who heads straight upstairs accompanied by the hotel manager and two of the constables. The other three remain in the lobby, preventing anyone from entering or leaving. They don't approach Elizabeth and Johnny, but they do speak to the concierge, who points towards the bar.
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Grafster »

Johnny slowly and precisely rolls cigarettes.

As he does so occasionally glances around, trying to note anyone around. He periodically inspects the reflective silver cigarette case, using it to check behind him.
Spot Hidden,Doubt there is anything but you can roll and keep it hidden, just tell me if [b]J[/b] notices anything.
A small row of perfectly formed cigarettes slowly begins to form on the bar.
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Johnny?" Elizabeth says quietly, "my parents are going to hear about this. What do you think they are going to do?"
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

The detective pauses in his cigarette creation process. Smoothing imaginary wrinkles from the paper he studiously avoids eye contact. Well. It depends on how much they find out.

A keen observer could note the similarities between this event and the death of Jackson Elias. They would note that you were on the scene both times. A keen observer with an interest in your well being would doubtless be extremely concerned for your safety. Your father is, in my estimation, quite a keen man.

So if this comes out in the papers in detail? I expect they will insist you return home. Immediately.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth nods, having received the answer she expected. "I do not want to return home, Johnny. Not yet."
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny nods.

I doubt your father told you about my time out west. I think he knew what happened out there. Why I came back. Why I... haven't felt the need to find employment beyond the current situation. His eyes are focused in the mid-distance; looking out over the the bar.

There are times when a man needs to follow things through to the end. Come what may.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth starts to reach for Johnny's hand, but quickly remembers herself and instead picks up her glass. After a silence she says, "Thank you." She eyes Johnny as she takes another sip, perhaps seeing him in a new light.
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

A wry smile passes Johnny's face, as he digs in his coat for a matchbook. His voice has returned to placid normality You may find yourself heading will be heading home on a steamer before it comes to anything.

Despite my dire warnings upstairs we have reached the point that the police will become a powerful ally. The letter.... passed by someone clearly matching Gavigan's description to an impartial hotel employee who remembers him clearly... the unpleasantness upstairs....

He lights a cigarette and watches the police running back and forth. The only problem is the parts we can't explain yet. The gears, the weird religion, the violent gangs, the killings, all of it is to some purpose. People don't do things like this for no reason. What does it enable? How are they profiting?
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"What do you think about the letter's threat not to involve the police?

"If only we had been able to speak with Jackson! He must have stumbled across the answer."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Johnny and Elizabeth notice the police sergeant approaching them. He looks shocked at what he saw upstairs.

"The inspector is on his way now, shouldn't be too long. He'll want to speak to you both. It must have been a terrible shock."

He looks at Elizabeth's drink, "I could do with one of those myself..."

"The manager said that you have some other traveling companions, are they here?"
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth clutches her chest. "Oh, it really was so very horrible!" She shudders, remembering the revulsion she felt at seeing the maid. "I must admit, I just completely fainted away," she looks a little embarrassed, "and when I awoke the others had gone."
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny nods. I think the whole thing was a tremendous shock to everyone. I can understand why someone would not like to stay in the building.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"Hmmph! I think the inspector will still want to speak with everyone," the sergeant turns and walks away. As he does so he spots the arrival of the detectives, Inspector Barrington and Sergeant Jones. He dashes across to meet them at the entrance to the lobby.

"It's upstairs sir, in one of the suites, a cleaning girl from the look of things. It's quite horrific just like the others, well some of the females that is."

"I have stopped anyone entering or leaving the hotel," he points towards the bar area where Elizabeth and Johnny are seated, "the suite was being used by the young American lady over their, a Miss Downing. She returned to the hotel to find the body tied to her bed."
OOC,I'll return and format this post correctly later, it's a pain on my phone
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Inspector Barrington halts the sergant and takes of his hat. "Good job, sergant. I´ll question the guests with the help of Jones. Can you get hold of sergant Woods? I need an update on his task at the Blue Pyramid. Once again godd job." Barrington walks over to the two guests at the bar, "Miss Downing?" He flips a note pad up and produces a pencil. "Sir...What´s your name?" , he says to the man next to Miss Downing. He seats himself at the table and starts scribbling the names of the guests.

"This is sergant Jones." He indicates Jones, "He´ll be conducting this investigation along with me. Jones, will you take a statement of this young lad? I´ll start with Miss Downing."

"On second thought, Jones. You have a keener eye than I. It might be best if you secure the crime scene and look for evidence in the room. I´ll catch up with you as I´ve taken the statements of those two."'

Turning to the two guests, Barrington picks up the lost thread and asks again. "Hmm. Names? Downing and..?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

At this Barrington looks at Jones. "Downing?! Wasn´t that the gal you spoke with at the Yard? Regarding the Limehouse affair?" He gets up from the chair and shuts the note pad. "I believe I´ll handle the upstairs after all. This seems to be a continuation from the previous meet you´ve had, Jones. I´ll be sure not to move anything around till you get up there. And do be sure to put down their recent activities and connections here in town. Who knows who else might be in danger these days..."

Barrington puts his hat on again and nods to the couple at the table.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth opens her mouth twice to respond to Inspector Barrington, but never manages to say a word before takes his leave.

Instead she turns to Sergeant Jones. "Sergeant. Please forgive me if I do not say that it is a pleasure to see you again, given the circumstances. It appears that this case is not yet closed."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I feel exactly the same way, Miss Downing," says Jones. "I'll try to make this as comfortable as I can for you. Shall we find a table at which to sit?" He nods to Barrington. "Yes, this is the lady to whom I spoke earlier, and her manservant. Go on ahead, guv'nor. I'll catch you up." He returns his attention to Elizabeth. "There was another lady present at our previous meeting, a friend of yours. Is she here as well?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Perhaps the hotel could let us make use of an unoccupied room? I am afraid we may have to discuss matters that other patrons might not wish to hear."

"Yes, my friend Caroline. I do not know where she is at this moment. She must have left after I fainted."

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”