IC: London: A Reunion?

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: IC: London: A Reunion?

Post by imme »

Caroline wrote:"My God! What is it? What can we do?"
"I don't know, but we need to try something." Elizabeth moves toward Nathaniel. She's scared, but hoping to find a way to pull him free, as well.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline is briefly unsettled by her viewing of the Thing, but it doesn't faze her as much as it might have.
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by jtull_84 »

Gwen surges through the fog-like thing, snarling all the way. As she emerges from it's midst, she wheels around to face it, standing tall.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:
Spoiler:
Sorry had a really busy couple of days at work, and a busy evening yesterday as well.

Ok, before I can continue I need the following rolls:

Nathaniel:
DEXx3 roll.
STR roll on the resistance table.
1d8 SAN lost.
Idea Roll if he looses 5 or more.
(DSIGFUSS, if Nathaniel passes the STR resistance roll, then he’s free to speak/shout again assuming that he remains sane. If he goes temporarily insane then it depends on the insanity whether he can say anything useful or not)

Timour:
Idea Roll to see if he goes temporarily insane or not.

I’ll wait until later tonight and then make the rolls myself if necessary, so I will post again IC later today.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC
Spoiler:
Nathaniel's rolls. STR resistance: 54, Dexx3 : 19 sanity loss : 7 I think Nathaniel makes all his rolls except for the STR one. He's a pretty smart guy
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558799/

OOC
Spoiler:
So I think Nathaniel goes insane. Idea roll:72
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558809/

OOC
Spoiler:
Hey Raiko.. before I post could you please tell me what me options are based on my rolls. I had a plan in mind as you knopw but that may have all gone out the window.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Timour Rukov »

OC Idea roll failed :x
Spoiler:
Timour`s wiggin out. For pities sake! Should I go back and change my post now to him rolling his eyes back in his head and wailing? LOL
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:
Spoiler:
I’ve broken up the OOC posts below for each relevant character, but there aren’t any real spoilers so you can all read them all!
OOC (Timour):
Spoiler:
QUOTE:
“Timour`s wiggin out. For pities sake! Should I go back and change my post now to him rolling his eyes back in his head and wailing? LOL”

Actually failing the idea roll was good! Poor Timour’s brain refuses to comprehend what he’s seeing, and he remains sane.

So Timour is *NOT* insane and can continue to act normally, but afterwards he won’t believe any “crazy” stories about this ghostly/foggy octopus type thing. I leave it to your imagination what he thinks really happened.
OOC (Nathaniel):
Spoiler:
QUOTE:
“Nathaniel’s rolls. STR resistance: 54, DEXx3 : 19 sanity loss : 7 I think Nathaniel makes all his rolls except for the STR one. He’s a pretty smart guy
So I think Nathaniel goes insane. Idea roll:72
Hey Raiko.. before I post could you please tell me what me options are based on my rolls. I had a plan in mind as you know but that may have all gone out the window.”

Eek! That d8 sanity loss has been a real killer, everybody’s been rolling high.

Ok, the failed resistance roll means that Nathaniel is still held (and gagged) by the Thing. You were so close to failing that idea roll! Unfortunately Nathaniel must now roll on the ‘long term’ temporary insanity table; I’ve not got my book with me at the moment, but the effects last for at least a few hours.

You can “customise” the result into something that you want to roleplay, but I now agree with Decrepit that the tables are good, so your “customised” version must at least match the table’s game-effects.

The “good” news is that you’ve just earned another 5% Cthulhu Mythos.

*What’s Next:*

Depending on the result from the insanity table, Nathaniel may or may not continue to struggle for his freedom. His best chance may be from the others helping him escape, then Caroline or Maksim can apply some ‘psychiatric first aid’ and hopefully get Nathaniel going again.

He is now suffocating and must make a CONx6 check immediately or start to take real damage!
OOC (Gwen):
Spoiler:
As she is still a homicidal handbag wielding manic, Gwen must attack someone - either the entity or another PC. She can’t help to free Nathaniel, though she *can* help to strangle him if you insist.

If she spots Timour approaching, then she thinks it’s the Arabs coming to get her again (disguised as Maksim!).

IC:

People in the surrounding buildings are now reacting to the noise of Maksim’s shouting and gunfire, and also to Nathaniel’s shouted appeal for help. They peer out from behind the curtains of the apartments over the shops, looking down into the darkened and foggy side-street. One old lady must have spotted the entity, for she screams shrilly and continually. Her cry eventually disolves into insane giggling.

From the direction of the museum many voices can now be heard, as well as the sound of police whistles. They are still some distance away though, help from the police might not arrive in time for Nathaniel.

Andrei reaches the doors of pub, he is about to fling them open, but several men exit the pub at the same time - trying to see what the disturbance is. As he tries to push past them he notices something....
OOC:
Spoiler:
Coffee: I’ve sent you a PM.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:
Spoiler:
I almost forgot, Maks, Caroline and Elizabeth get to make a spot hidden roll.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline thinks she sees something.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1560147/

OOC
Spoiler:
ooc - Nathaniel pass his STR x6 check with flying colors but still can't pass his STR resistance check (IF NEEDED?). How's my sanity coming along. Is there somethig you would like me to roll. Perhaps a sanity table roll....

CONx6 roll = 6 STR resistance roll (IF NEEDED)= 67
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by jtull_84 »

Gwen swings at Nethaniel with her handbag abdmisses horribly.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Suddenly, Caroline calls out, "Light! We need more light! It hates the light!," hoping that that made some kind of sense.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth dives into the car. She frantically tries to start it and switch on the headlights.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

IC:

The entity wraps another of it’s misty tentacles tightly around Nathaniel’s right arm, further restraining him.

The choking mist has now flooded into his lungs, Nathaniel can’t breath at all as he struggles to break free.

OOC:
Spoiler:
I didn’t get chance to roll on invisible castle last night, and now I’m at work again:

Here’s a roll using my dice roller macro (fortunately it went well for Nathaniel):
4x d100 rolls for “The Thing in the Fog’s” remaining tentacles = [63][91][69][09]
Spoiler:
So only 1 additional tentacle gets hold of Nathaniel.
DSIGFUSS:
Spoiler:
The Thing now has a hold of Nathaniel with 3 of it’s tentacles, so he must resist STR15 on the resistance table to break free.

If he fails, then as this is the second round of suffocation, Nathaniel must succeed with a CONx5 roll or start taking damage.
Imme:
Spoiler:
In a similar situation in the New York chapter, I made Coffee roll to see if a panicking Andrei could start a car is a single action.

So please make a Driving skill roll. If you fail, then it takes you 2 combat rounds to start the car, if you critically fail then you stall the car for 1d6 rounds.

The Bentley is currently facing the wrong way to illuminate Nathaniel and the Thing in the Fog, once you’ve started the car you can turn it to shine the headlights across the street in the following round.
Trixie:
Spoiler:
What’s your plan for Timour, he’s free to act and could reach Nathaniel, Gwen and the entity this round if he wants to?
I'll post once more tonight if you're ready for me, then I'm off on my hols.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

ooc:
Spoiler:
What is the cut off for a critical failure? ... Typical horror movie scene.
Chapter 2 - drive (20) - get car started, quick! (1d100=96)
Chapter 2 - car stalled for x rounds (1d6=6)
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour hauls off and belts the monster from behind, attempting to surprise it. He misses horribly though, and his face constricts into a mixture of fear and frustration. He then keeps an eye on the tentacles, doing his best to dodge them.
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nathaniel's eyes roll into the back of his head as he enters complete panic mode. Rolling and struggling in some bloody hentai nightmare.

OOC
Spoiler:
For my STR 15 resistance check I rolled a 51 : Probabaly a fail so here is my CONx5 check. Rolled a 41 : Most Likely a pass.
hope somebody turns those lights on soon.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568441/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568444
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Hearing the engine stall, Maksim goes to knock Elizabeth out of the driver's seat, shoving her over into the passenger's side, cursing her for managing to make the car not start (perhaps by flooding the engine?). If he is successful in moving her out of the way and is allowed another check (Mechanical Repair? Drive?) - he simply makes it worse in his anxiety.

Rolled 100.
:roll:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Maksim pushes into the driver’s seat of the Bentley, forcing Elizabeth into the passenger seat, and desperately tries to start the stalled car. In his panicked state though things don’t go as planned and Maksim stares in horror at the remains of the car key as it snaps off in his hand.

Meanwhile the fog creature succeeds in wrapping a fourth tentacle around the unfortunate Nathaniel, despite the attentions of the flailing Timour and Gwen. Seemingly responding to the faint rays of light from the over-shop apartments across the road, or possibly the sound of the approaching policemen, the entity retreats towards a pitch dark alleyway - dragging Nathaniel with it.

OOC:

Three more tentacle attacks: [49][91][87]
Drag Nathaniel (STR20 vs STR10): [67] Pass

This could be your last chance to free Nathaniel. :(

DSIGFUS: You need to succeed against STR20 to escape, and roll under CONx4 to resist suffocation

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”