IC: London: A Reunion?

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC: London: A Reunion?

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour attempts to perform first aid on Nathaniel, but it seems he was unsuccessful.

Instead he shouts at him and shines the light in his eyes, "Wake up you bugger! Open your bleedin' eyes!"
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Decrepit »

OOC: If Caroline can get there, she'll try performing a First Aid roll, at which she's less great than at Medicine, interestingly enough. Guess she's not an ER doctor.

Success!. I don't have the book here at work, and I don't remember how effective FA is. Of course, I don't even know whether I'm allowed a roll here. :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

We'll say Caroline makes it in time - roll 1d3 to see how many hit points Nathaniel recovers, he needs at least 2 to survive.
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by jtull_84 »

Gwen chokes back tears as she holds the torch so Caroline can work. Every once in a while she convulsivley shines the beam around the alley.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Elizabeth closes the lid to the trunk and quietly tells Maksim, "Bring the car over to them."
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

OOC: Oh, man -- this is too much for me. Not to mention Nathaniel...

Phew.3 hp. :D
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim does so, cursing himself for forgetting his own flashlight. He keeps the car idling and the headlights on and finds himself trembling. He stares at the goosepimpled skin of his arms, his foot light on the accelerator, ready to move, ready to drive, ready to do. He's shaken, scared, but knows that no reassurances will come. This is one of those times where he'll need to do the reassuring. Hopefully over vodka.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Nathaniel recovers consciousness, he coughs and gasps for breath, but Caroline has saved his life.

OOC:
Spoiler:
The cops are almost here, it’s up to you whether you wait and tell them some story about what happened, or try to get away - in the fog it’s unlikely that they will positively identify the Bentley. This alleyway is wide enough for the car to fit through.

All of you (except Andrei) are in the alleyway.

If you hang around waiting for the cops (and Andrei) then I’ll just summarise things so that you can rejoin Johnny ASAP. (Grafster has been extremely patient).

As he hasn’t actually suffered a physical wound I will allow Nathaniel to recover all of his hit points, providing he gets an undisturbed nights sleep.

Nobody has that feeling of being watched anymore at the moment.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

OOC: I can't imagine we have a particularly intelligent story to tell, yet I'm not sure running is such a good idea. It was a play! We're actors! And never mind the crazy woman upstairs. :D Especially without Andrei, we might as well stay.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

OC Quick! To the Bentley!!! Run!!! :lol:
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nathaniel wakes up shouting...

Get a bloody Torch!

He then looks around, confused and sick to his stomach...

Good gracious!

He sits stunned on the sidewalk, waiting for someone to tell him what to do.

What the bloody hell was that?
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Who knows. But I think we should get out of here before something else finds us. I do not feel watched anymore. Hurry." Elizabeth encourages everyone into the car.

ooc: If we can keep from getting involved with the English cops, we should, I think. If we can drive out past the bar Andrei ran to, maybe he can hop in, otherwise he's a big boy and he knows where we're staying.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

"It's all right," Caroline says soothingly. "Try not to worry about what just happened. We're out of danger--for the moment."

OOC: Yeah, I suppose we should go. I was just being silly.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel gets up still slightly dazed and follows the group to the Bently. He picks up his crossbow case and throws it into the car. Then in the light of the street lamps, Nethaniel notices how filthy his slacks are from being dragged into the alley.

Oh bollocks!

He pulls out one of his hankerchiefs and begins to dab and scrub....

dab and scrub....

dab and scrub....

dab and scrub....

dab and scrub....

dab and scrub....

dab and scrub....
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:

Unfortunately you’d have to drive past the cops to get to the pub.

Driving straight down this alleyway will take you south onto High Holburn (see the London Map), you’d be a couple of hundred yards from the big crossroad junction between High Holburn/Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road/Charing Cross Road

From there, turning down Charing Cross Road would take you back towards the Ritz Hotel or Nathaniel’s bookshop (Dodgy Pages).

BTW: Well done, that encounter was tougher than I thought - particularly on Sanity.
I never got the opportunity to use that encounter when I ran Masks as a tabletop game.
I’ll check in my rulebook today, because I’m sure you regain some Sanity points when you actually defeat a mythos creature.

This is the first time it’s actually happened in one of my CoC games. :roll:
Usually everyone just runs away screaming or dies... :twisted:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Down the Dark Alleyway.

As Nathaniel is sitting up after being revived by Caroline, Andrei comes dashing towards you all emerging from the fog into the pools of light cast by the Bentley's headlights.

OOC:

It'll be a bit of a squeeze in the Bentley :lol:, but you'll all be able to get away before the cops arrive.

I'd prefer you all to head back to the Ritz Hotel, both to allow Nathaniel to recover overnight and to be reunited with Johnny, but as always it's your call.

If you go elsewhere, I'll find something to keep Johnny busy! :twisted: ;)
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"To the Ritz. All of us." Elizabeth glances at Nethaniel and Gwen, and then looks significantly at Andrei. Her look makes it clear that she will allow no argument.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline angles close to her patient, Nathaniel, trying to keep an eye on his condition.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei slides into the front passenger seat of the car, out of breath. He stays quiet in the car, trying to process through everything that just happened. His posture is more upright and confident than it has been in many days.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Bloody Andrei took my seat. The nerve! Do I have to squeeze in back here with the dames and this sketchy bloke, Nathaniel??? He knows I ride up front! He's just doing it to get my goat, isn't he! Damn it!

Tiimour flashes an uncomfortable look at Andrei and miserably squeezes into the back seat, looking forlornly at the spot next to Caroline. If I were sitting there, I could've enjoyed a little innocent grab if we hit a rock in the road. Now I'm plugged in next to this chump, Nathaniel, who can barely keep his eyes open! Damn my rotten luck!

Timour sat quietly and pondered the gore and brutality he'd just witnessed in the dark alley, trying hard to remember if he'd seen a creature somewhat like that one, painted in the pictures back at the apartment. It was all a mess, swimming in front of his eyes, however, and he pulled his flask from his coat pocket to take a swig of brandy. Thank god for that.
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”