IC: London: A Reunion?

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years

Re: IC: London: A Reunion?

Post by Decrepit »

"I'm Dr. Caroline Ward," Caroline says. "I'm a close friend of Beth's here and the, um, wife of Maksim. I'm probably not the best one to be telling the story here--we ourselves have had a frightful time tonight, and I admit to being a bit in shock regarding the latest events."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei pulls up a second table so everyone can sit around. He sits back from his companions, where he can watch everyone, and see out the window of the cafe onto the street. His arms are crossed. Most of his time is spent watching Elizabeth, staring out the window at passersby, or tapping his foot impatiently and frowning at Gwen.

[OC: Passed his luck roll. ]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:
Spoiler:
I’m going to wait for now, while you all quickly discuss what’s happened to you. Please try to make some plans by weekend; this’ll hopefully give me enough time to wrap things up in Timour and Johnny’s private threads.

Everyone’s made their luck rolls now, I’ll let you know what they were for after a few more tea-room posts.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by imme »

"And Timour, Maksim's brother, also came with us to the museum, but went off to go sneaking about, I suppose." Elizabeth pauses for a moment and considers Gwen and Nathaniel. "Yes, perhaps we should start after all. This all began when a friend of mine, Jackson Elias, contacted me about some mystery he was investigating. He tends to uncover cults and the scams behind them. I should say tended, he's ... he was murdered by the cultists he was currently investigating before we could speak with him." She carefully keeps herself under control with a deep breath.

"As I said, this was in New York. We started to investigate this 'bloody tongue' cult there, but quickly realized that we were now in danger for our own lives." She glances at Andrei. "We did indeed all share a dream in which we saw a failed police raid, one that actually happened, mind you, and our friend Timour was ... well, I don't know what exactly, but somehow something got him in the dream and he remained asleep. Luckily, he eventually woke up.

"Realizing the cultists were determined to do us harm, and with clues that led us out of the States anyway, we came here. There really is not much else to say. We,"
she glances at Andrei with an expression that's difficult to interpret, "separated to follow different leads. We came to find you here because ... well, when we get back to the car I have something to show you, but I don't imagine you will believe me until you see it." She shivers.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nathaniel, acting rather jovial and excitable listens carefully to Elizabeth as she tells her story. When she finishes, Nathaniel rubs his chin and ponders what she said, taking on a much more serious scholarly expression.

You were right to contact me… Jackson Elias was an associate of mine. We’ve worked together in the past on various cult related studies. He often sent his papers my way… for a second opinion I imagined… or to gloat the old codger.. God rest his soul. I was sorry to hear that he had past. As for the item in your auto… I’m honestly on pins and needles just thinking about it. As I said before, this is all terribly exciting.

Nathaniel looks over to Andrei searching about and shifts in his chair to try and catch a glimpse of what he’s looking at.

You’re paranoia is quite contagious old boy! Is there someone specific we should be watching for?
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by jtull_84 »

IC: Gwen thinks about what Elizabeth just told her.
"What makes you think this "Bloody Tongue" and my assailants are connected? And this shared dream sounds frightfully dangerous! All I know from my end is that my assisstant was killed and I was almost kindapped by Arabs. I don't know, but if what Andrei says is correct it might have to do with the books at the museum. Speaking of which, Andrei, I'm not sure if I can let you read the Manuscripts. You're not a professor, no credentials. Even if you were, it would take a week for the paper work to get through. I could let Nethaniel in, probably. Sorry, but I stand to lose my job."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei huffs contemptuously at Gwen's statement. He looks genuinely upset.

"Okay, then, lets get out of here and see what's in the car."

He speaks over top of everyone else, expecting his statement to be the final say on the conversation. He grabs his hat, preparing to go, watching to see if the others follow his lead.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim merely arches an eyebrow but waits to see what the others do.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nathaniel stands up and sets his tea on the table.

Indeed! Let's go have a gander in your trunk! If it's half as intriguing as any of this, Elisabeth, I'll find whatever you need in those texts... with Gwen's permission and exclusive narrative rights to any publication that might arise from this thrilling scenario... naturally...
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Well, okay then." Elizabeth stands as well and moves toward the door. To Nathaniel she says, "Please, call me Lisa. My full name is so formal."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

J. Lyons & Co. Tea Room - Tottenham Court Road, Bloomsbury, London
8:15pm - Wednesday 28th January, 1925

As everyone stands up to leave the tea room, Elizabeth, Andrei and Gwen suddenly stop and look around the tea room, looking quite startled. It is apparent though that they don’t find what they are looking for though.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth notices Andrei's and Gwen's reactions and says to them, "We should leave, but I do not want to go back to the hotel until we don't feel them watching anymore. I don't know what is happening, but I do not like it." She turns to Andrei. "We are all staying at the same hotel now."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei is stricken with terror. The blood drains from his face. He barely hears a word that Elizabeth says. He's looking up into the sky fearfully.

"Oh god. Oh god. They know where we are. We can't sleep." He surveys his companions, hoping they'll understand.

"They're watching us, like last time. Shit. Shit shit shit."

"Let's get out of here, quickly. We need to... we need to... lets look at the car, then, we need to find whoever's doing this, whoever's watching us, before we go to sleep..."
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

IC: Gwen asks fearfully, "Did anyone else feel that? What do you mean like the last time? Is this what happened before your friend was hurt!?" She stands up, "we should go, I think."
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"Feel what?" asks Maksim, his brow wrinkling in confusion. "Watching who?"
A reckless man's power is but a gun in the hands of a fool.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

To Maskim, Elizabeth says, "It feels like we are being watched. I don't know how, and I don't like to think about who it is, but we should go." With that she turns to Andrei and puts a hand on either side of his face to gain his attention. Sternly, she says, "Andrei, listen. If we can feel them watching, it means that we will know when we have lost them. It will be okay, but let's get out of here." Matching action with words, she walks to the door.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"We'll go to Soho, afterwards," Andrei says aloud, as he follows Elizabeth out the door.

"That's where they are."
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline hasn't the foggiest what's going on, but she follows the others. She decides that Andrei is under some kind of mania and, more than anything, needs some sort of respite from the shocks that have hit him. Well, we all do, she thinks, it's just getting that time to get our bearings isn't very logical right now. She wonders how the others know that the group was being watched, but she knew better than to question it at this time.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

As they walk, Andrei asks Elizabeth, gruffly, "What happened to Timour?"

He tries not to make a big deal out of the question. He looks away after asking it, so she can't read his face.
jtull_84
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jtull_84 »

OOC: SAN loss (1d3=3)

IC: Gwen is happy to leave the tea room, but something Andrei says makes her pause. "SoHo? Why would we go there? With all that's goingon we might as well go to Dog Island! I'd rather find somewhere safe tonight. If Lisa thinks we'll know when we lose them we should try!"

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”