Biologist: Lukas Weber & Klaus Schmidt

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Biologist: Lukas Weber & Klaus Schmidt

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Klaus flashes Weber a devilish grin.

Indeed Weber... Why do you think I'd leave my assistant to such a task... It would be a pity to sully the good name of our department now wouldn't it?

Klaus takes a moment to enjoy the tension he'd purposeful created between him and his assistant and then quickly moves on expecting no answer from Lukas.

So then Weber... I take it you've had a chance to peruse some of the expidition's facts and fiction. Tell me... what's you thought on these fungal insectoids?
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by Misfit »

"I am really eager to get a look at them in person", Lukas replied, glad to change topics. "Do you think we''ll encounter them on the expedition?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Well I've no doubt we'll encounter something Weber! The talent the university has assembled for this expidition is nothing short of impressive. They wouldn't waste us lolly gagging around the jungle on some fools errand... You're quite lucky to be my assistant you know Weber. If I weren't so generous as compared to some of my other collegues, you'd be washing test tubes and grading mediocrity at my leisure now wouldn't you?

Klaus quickly pulls his finger out of his nose as he realized its been in there for some time. He was still certain his assisitant Lukas Weber had not yet acertained that Klaus had a mild form of Rhinotillexomania.

No I'm afraid I'm rather dubious as to the exisitance of fungal insects or arachnids or whatever proper genus you'd choose to elevate one of the lowest lifeforms on the planet to.. frankly my dear Weber... I find the notion of inteligent fungi offensive.
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

"Yes, I am very grateful that you are so generous", Lukas replies, thinking that getting his coffee and dry cleaning is in the same league. "It is hard to believe for sure, ridiculous even. but if it's true it will change everything!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Indeed Weber.. Indeed...

Having run out of points of interest in Klaus's mind. An uncomfortable silence began to grow between the two men and Klaus grew ever fearful that his conversation with his assistant might be forced into small talk. Klaus placed the tip of his finger on the edge of his nostril and feinted a scratch waiting for Lukas to start with the jibber jabberings of polite conversation.

So.... How's our sports team doing so far this semester?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The clock on the wall ticks closer to 4:20. There is an hour and forty minutes before the gathering this evening. That seems like an ominously long amount of time for them to kill with idle chit-chat. The novelisation of the Kamchatka diariessits on Schmidt's desk. It had been sent earlier this week by a somewhat friendly acquaintance.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Lukas shrugs, "I don't know, I don't really keep up with that sort of thing." Lukas gestures at the book on Klaus's desk. "What is that?".
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens and two athletic-looking men walk in without so much as knocking. "Klaus Schmidt?" asks one of the men. He turns to look over at Lukas. "And are you Lukas Weber?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Lukas freezes and looks over at professor Schmidt waiting for him to answer...
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Klaus grins widely rather enjoying the sound of his own name.

It seems my reputation proceeds me? Or our reputation Weber... though what interest the public would have in an assistant is quite beyond even my massive powers of reasoning. How can I help you gentleman.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

One of the men pokes his head out into the hall and glances left and right before shutting the door. The other man comes forward to flash some I.D. a little too quickly to be easily seen. "I am Herr Schneider and I'm a part of a private security company hired by Ophidian to provide protection for you. If you will come with us, we can take you to the others for a preliminary meeting before the press party."

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Protection? Don't be absurd! The last paper I published was on mitochondrial distribution and mutation in drosophila fruit flies after exposure to significant levels of unqualified beta raditaiton. Ground breaking work for certain gentlemen... but nothing to put me in any sort of danger. And Weber. The most interestig thing he's done this week is my groceries....
though I do fancy him a thief... My selection of sweets seemed to be a little light this week wouldn't you say so Weber?

Klaus eyes Lucas suspiciously before continuing.

No gentlemen, I do beleive you have the wrong biologists! Perhaps you should investigate the theoretical physics department. I hear they can be borishly scandalous when they set their calculators on something eh Weber? Ba-Haw! Haw! Haw!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I am afraid you have to come with us. Death threats have been made against a number of individuals who are going on the expedition. Two men from the expedition have so far been kidnapped."

Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Lukas's eyes go wide, "Death threats, Kidnapping?". "Who would do this?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We're not privy to that information," said Her Schneider. "Please come with us."

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We're not privy to that information," said Her Schneider. "Please come with us."

Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Lukas is still looking at Professor Schmidt, not sure what he should do. He waits for him to move to go with them first.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Death threats! Don't be absurd. We can't leave.. We still have to gather our instruments and such.

Klaus's finger nervously reenters his nose.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man sighs deeply and for a moment looks quite like a man martyring himself for an important cause before drawing a deep breath and looking again at Klaus. "Instruments? What instruments do you need to take to a fundraising dinner and meet-and-greet?"

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Klaus smiles politley, looking much like a man about to teach a retarded boy the finer theorems of organic chemistry.

Well assuming men with death threats looming over their heads can't be gathering their things after important meet and greets.. Very well.. we'll return for our things... Let that be a lesson frop you Lucas. Never Assume..

Klaus exits with the two burly men waving a dispassionate hand to his assisstant.

Lucas? Grab our dry cleaning. We've a dinner to attend.

Return to “Berlin Chapter”