The Exhibit to Ophidian: Abbo Durer & Timothy Wells

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

The Exhibit to Ophidian: Abbo Durer & Timothy Wells

Post by Laraqua »

To her left, as she enters, is the museum shop that has a set of items on shelving that seem familiar. A plastic version of a Liltian tablet faces away from her. A tall, colourful hard-copy book with KAMCHATKA written on the back. A much smaller paperback. A series of other odds and ends that may be part of the same set of merchandise.

The Pergammon museum seems particularly busy. She can see the receptionist who sits behind the counter in the middle of the room is virtually swamped with people. Shee also notices a sign erected not far from the reception desk, advertising tour guides and mentioning that the tour will go through the special exhibits. The tour will start in thirty minutes.
A woman stands over at the signpost for the tours, shuffling from foot to foot, and scuffing the marble flooring. She twists the bottom of her shirt this way and that, then rubs at her chin, seeming nervous. Her nose and cheeks are still red, as though she'd been blushing. She's dressed in the Pergammon museum tour guide outfit but she seems really out of place amidst the very outgoing staff that normally populate this area. Her name tag reveals that the woman is no other than Natasha Chaikovskaya.

A man is talking to her.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: The Exhibit: Francesca Morletti & Timothy Wells

Post by Dave Syrinx »

This blushing guide, Fransesca recognizes from the exhibit´s merchandise and advertisements as the linguist who interpreted the 'text' of the tablets. She walks closer to the two looking eager to listen in on what they are discussing.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Natasha shifts from one foot to the other, looking nervously at the man and then over at the approaching woman.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Timothy walks over to the woman. "Excuse me, are you Miss Chaikovskaya? I'm Timothy Wells, I'm going on the expedition to Kamchatka soon and was wondering if you could give me any extra information on the Tablets?"

He tries to give an easy smile and extends a hand in greeting.

Timothy's phone rings.

Chaikovskaya flinches as he approaches her. "Uh, the guide'll be on soon. I mean, the tour. Hold all questions until the, uh, tour, please," she says, in German with a mild Russian accent.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Losing her patience, Fransesca decides to pass the tour guide and the man talking to her. She declares, "I´ll have a look around myself, thanks! I have a meeting to attend. Just need a quick glance of the exhibit." She takes a look at the pamphlet she got when she entered the reception area. "Are you here for the guided tour too?", she asks the man next to the guide. "Why not join me and we´ll have a look for ourselves? Then we can wait for the tour if we need any clarification?"
Fransesca makes an attempt to get access to the exhibit room of the tablets to see what the fuzz is about.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Chaikovskaya flinches at Francesca's words and ducks her head a little. "Mm ... okay," she says, staring at the floor.

Timothy takes out his mobile phone. "One minute..." But the call ended before he could answer.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

"Ah, Kamchakta Tours." Abbo walks over.

"Excuse me," speaking to the tour guide, he also smiles at the couple, "when is the next tour?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Ah, only six minutes, th-there's a group actually in the ... over there, uh, the meal part ... um, restaurant," she says, uttering a nervous chuckle. "I'm sorry. I'm really not used to this. I'm not the museum tour guide ... please don't complain ... they'll think the complaints about her ... I'm just a special guest here ... one of the expedition members, do you know? Natasha. They call me Tash."

OOC: Could everyone please describe their PCs?

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Tash, you are one of the expedition members? Let me introduce myself, Abbo Durer," he proffers his handshake, "probably the newest member on the Kamchakta Expedition. I have just been hired as the cameraman for Hidden Places.
"You said, 'A special guest?'"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She looks at his hand, startled, than slowly holds out a tentative hand for him to shake. "I meant, well, that I was talking and that I was here, you know, to show people around? I was hired, part of that media circuit, Carter's doing?"

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo looks directly at Natasha, "I can see why Carter hired you," he says sardonically.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What do you mean?" she asks, genuinely flustered and confused.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Fransesca, putting her sunglasses securely on the top of her head, continues into the exhibit, overhearing the conversation behind. So, they are on the expedotion too... She straightens her long, dark hair and lets herself back to the entrance. "Listen, you two, I overheard you´re on the expedition. The name´s Morletti, I´m flying you to the site. Well, a leg of the way, at least."
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Abbo Durer, a newly appointed member. I'm here at the museum to find out more about Kamchakta. Lets all tour together.
"The flight to the site, is it by helicopter?"

"Tash, are you coming with us?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I-I can't, I've got to wait for the rest ... and the tour guide ... I'm a guest tour guide here but I'm being paid so I ... if you waited five minutes we could all go together."

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, the first part of the trip will be by heli, the last part is another matter. We´ll deal with that when we get there. There seem to be some weather condition on the exploration site and the mountains." To Natasha, she says relaxingly, "We don´t want you to look bad, so we´ll hang here till the others arrive. So, you´ll report on the expedition, yes? You could get some good pictures from the heli, while getting there. Let me introduce me properly; Fransesca Morletti, Arctic survival guide. I´m sorry I rushed past you just now, it´s part of my bluntness. Let me make it up to you. An espresso while we wait?" She includes Durer and Timothy in the offer by catching their eyes.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Uh, I-I'm not a reporter," says Natasha, frowning a little in confusion. "I'm the epi-epigrapher. I-I, well, I translated the tablets, figured out the co-ordinates for the last tablet, and for the mountain itself."

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: The Exhibit: Francesca Morletti, Abbo Durer & Timothy Wells

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Oh, my mistake. So, what does the tablets tell us? Do you want that coffee while we wait?"
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo talks quickly and forcefully, "Somethings up and it could be dangerous, no time to explain." Abbo grabs Tash's arm, "C'mon, we'll have that coffee. Francesca, Timothy, lets go!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Fransesca looks puzzingly at the man and the change of demeanour. Guess the call was urgent... "I saw a place just outside, not far off." She takes lead and leaves the exhibit entrance. "Abbo, talk to me while we get out of here! What´s going on?"
TVblog

Return to “Berlin Chapter”