The Exhibit to Ophidian: Abbo Durer & Timothy Wells

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: The Exhibit: Francesca Morletti, Abbo Durer & Timothy Wells

Post by Laraqua »

"There's a museum cafe..." says Tash nervously, looking over her shoulder at the milling crowd near the counter. "Here ... and at the other museums on the island."

"What kind of danger?" asks Timothy Wells, confused by the sudden turn in events.

Natasha just put a finger to her lips and starts walking toward the front doors.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"If the location is sufficently away from our friend´s worries, the cafeteria will do fine..." Fransesca whispers to Tash.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Abbo talks as they walk away, "I've just come from the Ophidian office, an interview with Daniel Carter; there have been nasty goings on there, people mysteriously butchered and God knows what else - I'm on edge, I can tell you. My curiosity about the tablets is the only reason I am here! The point of this present mystery: I overheard a threat against the lovely Natasha. I have now realised how vital you are, Tash, the epigrapher who deciphered the tablets."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Natasha just frowns at the ground. No one makes a move to intercept them as they head to the Neue Museum cafe. The sky is clear. The wind is crisp. Many other people stroll around the paths around them.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Fransesca tries to make out anyone taking a special interest in the four people heading for the café. She hurries her steps to cross the plaza as speedily as possible.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She sees nothing out of the ordinary.
Btw,feel free to make your own rolls and embed them. I never ask for rolls as it slows the game down but you can do it yourself should you wish or it occurs to you.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

reply,I wasn´t sure how you wanted it, but now I´ll roll as the opportunities arise.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Has anyone a pair of sunglasses for Tash?

"The expedition is of interest to the worst type of thugs, or someone directing them, they'll stop at nothing. What a way to get to know each other! I was looking forward to the Hidden Places party tonight and meeting you all in a relaxing atmosphere.

"Who gave you the tour guide job, Tash? And you two, Francesca and Timothy, why are you here at the museum?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Uh, it's just a media circuit thing, same as the radio talk shows and ... yeah, to increase interest in th tablets and encourage people to watch the expedition," says Natasha.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Fransesca hands Tash a spare pair of pilot sun glasses from her flight suit. "I flew the Russian expedition dig leader, Romaschkova, she hired me. Also, Nikita Mikhalkov came along, she´s working for the Russian government to make sure the expedition meets up to the standards to succeed. All I know is that the weather conditions at Kamchatka are strange and unfriendly to helis and planes. We´ll probably go by foot the last bit. Prior to our coming here, I left the two at the Ophidian HQ for a meeting. I was given some time off to see this exhibit and am due to meet up at the expedition meeting in the Ophidian at 4:30." She checks her chronometer for the time.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"This situation is disturbing, I overheard voices, but am not able to recognise anyone. What shall we do now?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"What exactly did you overhear?" Fransesca takes a seat by a vacant table.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"This is what was said, Francesca, in German:

"'Without Natasha, they'll never be able to go up the mountain. Now is our opportunity.'
"'Soon, in the exhibit, before the tablet, then.'"

Abbo continues, "I'm curious about the phrase, 'before the tablet,' it could be down to my translation, but it sounds like, in front of, to me?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Probably, but I don't understand the significance ... the tablets ... why?" asks Natasha.

The time is 3:47.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"If someone is sabotaging the expedition, they won´t stop if they fail here, at the exhibit. They will continue trying to get to Tash. We still have time to get back to the Ophidoan to try to set this threat straight. The meeting is in half an hour. I say we go up and contact the ladies I flew here. They seem to be high up in the command chain. Then we´ll see what hey say. Till we get there, you should disguise yourself as best as you can. I´ll check with the barrista if I can buy some colouring agent."
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Disguise myself?" asks Tash, touching her hair protectively. "Colouring agent?"

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Disguise myself?" asks Tash, touching her hair protectively. "Colouring agent?"

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"yes, then you can exit this place without the people watching us noticing us. If we use a back door to this café we´ll stand a higher chance to get to the Ophidian without being intercepted. Regarding the colour....just got a crazy idea regarding chocolate sauce. Hey, let´s stick to sneaking out of here. Maybe there´s an exit from the restrooms." Fransesca moves to the rear of the café and checks for windows or back doors.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Yes, I agree with you, Francesca, lets return to Ophidian. The chocolate sauce idea sounds disgusting to me! Would it work? And anyway Tash seems overly concerned about her appearence - she'd never allow it.
"So you flew here in a helicopter - cool."

Speaking to Natasha, "Maybe there is some kind of ritual significance with the tablet, sacrifice and all that;" Abbo grins, "sorry, it was wild speculation, I don't believe in that bunkum for a moment."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Overly concerned?" asks Tash, looking mournful. "Uh, well, the tablet translations don't suggest anything to do with ritual sacrifice but I ... anyone could make ... their own interpretation, I guess."

Return to “Berlin Chapter”