Boom Operator: Timothy Wells

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Boom Operator: Timothy Wells

Post by Laraqua »

The entire day has been quiet and the night all the more so. The last day he worked had been Monday after just making the deadline for shooting the last episode on elf waves and their impact on mood. He didn't have anything official on until the Kamchatka Expedition Members' Meeting / Dinner / Get-Together on tomorrow - Friday night, 5 P.M.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
LookDown
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Boom Operator: Timothy Wells

Post by LookDown »

Timothy relaxes in his bed, a copy of 'Gods and Wood-Things' by L. H. Allen in his hand. He had just eaten at a musty old diner a few streets away, and he felt full enough to be content. His lodgings were slightly decrepit; peeling paint, dust in the corners, a little drafty. But that was fine by him, it succeeded in deterring unwanted intrusions by workmates.

In a corner to his left lay his work gear, along with a thick coat for braving the worst of Berlin's weather. On the wall directly opposite his feet lay a bookshelf on which he had placed his latest literary acquisitions: titles included the 'Lost Secrets of Mu' and 'The Nephilim Fragments' to the Kabbalistic 'Liber Iezirah' and a copy of the 1st Edition of Le Pelletier's 'Alkaest', the latter two obtained at great financial cost. He planned on reading them over the course of the trip, when he wasn't working of course.

The lamp next on the bedside table to his right flickered, and Timothy considered putting the book down and turning in for the night.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There was a loud knock on the door.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

Swearing under his breath, he slides out of bed and pulls on some pants. Timothy heads across the room to the door.

"Who is it?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Don't look," says a gruff, genderless voice. "Not today."

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

"What? I think you have the wrong room. May I suggest pissing off?"

Timothy turns to go back to his bed. Probably another bloody half 'n half street-walker. Don't they have anything better to do...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He isn't bothered by any further knocks on the door and soon falls into a blissful sleep filled with slowly shifting dreams. When he awakens, all he can remember from his dreams were oranges and a number of kittens. Only a few minutes after waking up, he receives a phone call from a familiar number: Milly LeCrique.

OOC: Pop into Milly's thread for the duration of the phone call if you choose to answer it.

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

Timothy ends his conversation with Milly, in high spirits at the thought of lunch with her. He then stretches and cracks his back, before heading to his chest of drawers to think of something nice to wear. I think it's shower time. He sniffs at his underarm. Urgh. Yes. Definitely shower time.

He undresses and heads over to the bathroom, before picking up a towel and turning the shower on, with the temperature up as hot as his accommodation will allow.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The hot water stops working about three minutes into the shower, leaving him chilled to the bone.

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

Timothy frowns and gets out of the shower. He pats himself dry, liberally applies deodorant and dresses himself, before heading out the door to talk to the owner of the hotel about the water situation.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The conversation with the hotel manager is long and unproductive. The bottom line seems to be that if he doesn't like the conditions, he can always leave.

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

Seeing as he can't change anything Timothy resigns himself to the situation, and heads down the road to see if there is somewhere half-way decent to have breakfast.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There are some rather nice eateries, though the differences and similarities in food choice between his home country and Germany sometimes startles him as he looks through the menu choices.

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

In the end Timothy chooses a little Turkish café on the corner of two little streets, ordering a black coffee and a lamb döner kebab before sitting down at a window table to watch the world go by.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Time passes quickly by as he enjoys his meal and he realizes he has only a half hour to get to the Malzcafe.

OOC: Enter Milly LeCrique's thread when ready.

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

Timothy returns to his lodgings after lunch with Milly and packs his things into his suitcase, taking smug satisfaction in telling the hotel manager that he was moving out and would be warning anyone he met about the terrible lack of service and style. He then returns to the Malzcafe and gets settled in, before heading to the Pergammon museum to inspect the famous Liltian Tablets. He makes sure to ask the manager of the Malzcafe about any buses or trams that might shorten his journey, and intends to use them instead of walking if possible.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

After taking a bus, than a tram, then another bus, down Unter den Linden and Am Lustgarten, he finds himself crossing the museum grounds from Bodenstrasse and approaching the museum itself. Entering the building, his shoes sounding against the hard floor, the air conditioning chilling his flesh. To his left is the museum shop that has a set of items on shelving that seem familiar. A plastic version of a Liltian tablet faces away from her. A tall, colourful hard-copy book with KAMCHATKA written on the back. A much smaller paperback. A series of other odds and ends that may be part of the same set of merchandise.

The Pergammon museum seems particularly busy. He can see the receptionist who sits behind the counter in the middle of the room is virtually swamped with people. He also notices a sign erected not far from the reception desk, advertising tour guides and mentioning that the tour will go through the special exhibits. The tour will start in thirty minutes.

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

Timothy decides to read the sign by reception about tour guides, paying special interest to any mention of the special exhibits, before he heads over to the museum shop to see if there is anything of interest there.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The tour guide through the particular exhibit involves Natasha Chaikovskaya: the famed epigrapher of the Liltian tablets. There seems to be a few people waiting for the tour already. The museum shop contains a set of items on shelving that seem familiar. A plastic version of a Liltian tablet faces away from him. There is a tall, colourful hard-copy book with KAMCHATKA written on the back. A much smaller paperback. A series of other odds and ends that may be part of the same set of merchandise (i.e. post cards).

LookDown
Initiate
Initiate

Post by LookDown »

Timothy picks up the plastic tablet and weighs it in his hand, inspecting it noncommittally. He puts it down and moves to the bookstand. To pass the time before the tour begins he picks up the paperback and flicks through it for anything of interest.

Return to “Berlin Chapter”