Alexander Lozynsky and Nicolai Lebedev

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Alexander Lozynsky and Nicolai Lebedev

Post by kabukiman »

Nicolai seemed to hearsomething.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Half hidden by the static, you can nonetheless pick out the sounds of something gurgling, as though trying to breath in through blood-filled lungs. Even fainter than that, is the sound of something chewing. The door to your room clicks.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

Alexander backs up a bit, but remains within lunging distance of the door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door doesn't open. A sickening slurping sound can be heard over the speakers, intermingling with the twisted chewing sounds. A telephone rings somewhere in the distance. The chewing and crunching stops.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-You thinks this is another "experience"? Or something really weird is happening?
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Nyet. Hope so, but doubt it..." Alexander responds.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Silence reigns. Then, the door opens a crack.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Alexander silently steps forward. His heart is racing and he can hear his own heart beat in his ears...
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nicolai go one of the side walls
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door remains just ever so open. There are no noises from out in the hall. Nothing.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nicolai goes slowly to the door and look outside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A man lies slumped on his back on the floor with bruises around his mouth, more on the left than the right. Three slack marks open his chest on the diagonal, revealing gaping flesh bubbled with blood and the pink-tinged edges of broken rib bones. There's some blood beneath him, pooling, but none on the walls. No sprays or splashes. The bladed weapon, or whatever it was, has also sliced straight through bone - those ribs are cut clean. Hell, it looks like the tattered edges of body armor can be seen opened up on either side of those wounds. His jacket has flopped back, revealing the heavy handgun in his shoulder holster. What is worse is the badge that is clipped to his belt - looks like a police badge, but it's hard to tell as it's German.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Alexander uncontrolably lets out a silent whimper at the gastly sight. Instinctively he goes for the handgun, regardless of it being able to incriminate him later. It might not have been much help to the policeman, but he wasn't going to go down without a fight if it came to that...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

His dead fingers still have enough flex in them to remove the handgun with ease but doing so is enough to send a shiver down your spine (roll to see if you get 0/1 SAN loss). The handgun's weight is quite comforting in your hands (DMG will be 1d10) and you quickly check to find that it is fully loaded. That would be comforting - you have the maximum amount of bullets available - if you weren't smart enough to realize that meant the police officer never had a chance to fire off a round. Despite the fact that he was facing his attacker at the time.

Nicolai stands in the doorway, looking down the rather suburban hallway with its little hall table with a vase of flowers (they were barely blooming roses when you came in, now they're wilted and look almost charred) in a pretty little vase. A mirror sits over the table.

There's a set of stairs down the hall to Nicolai's left that goes both up one storey and down one. There's also five doors on this floor.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Alexander is greatly comforted by the feel of the cold steel and indifferent polymer (Sanity roll: 1d100=29, success).

After quickly checking the chamber and magazine, he takes a closer look at the cop's badge and the damaged bodyarmor.

OCC: was it soft body armor?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Something kill him. And he didn't defend with a weapon. This is getting better and better. Let's find our stuff first, and get out of here as quick as possible.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The badge is flecked with blood but the word: Kriminalpolizei can be seen engraved into the metal. Looking at the body armor, he finds that it's hard body armor but the blades seem to have passed through the metal and ceramic plates like butter. What is more worrying is that, unless the German police are very different, the general understanding is that police officers wear soft body armor for its flexibility and light-weight functionality unless they're expecting trouble. If this man is some sort of detective, that makes this doubly bizarre.

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Distraught by the find that both the ceramic and trauma plates had been sliced, Alexander searches the man for papers which might reveal how he came to be here. It would be nice to find the court order that authorized this forceful entry, those documents would be dated...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's a gory task to examine the body but his medical mind quickly screens out all of the gore. He finds the man's driver's license 'Hanz Kauffman' and keys but no court order. Perhaps there were others originally. There would likely have been two Kriminalpolizei for a forced entry. And perhaps the local equivalent of a Spetsnaz team. There's no sign of them on this floor. Perhaps in one of the rooms, upstairs, or downstairs.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Try not to leave too many evidences, we don't want to be accused of murdering that man. After all we are russians, and they may suspect us of being members of the russian mafia

Return to “Berlin Chapter”