Alexander Lozynsky and Nicolai Lebedev

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Alexander Lozynsky and Nicolai Lebedev

Post by Laraqua »

There is lint, a wad of used gum, and a handkerchief dotted with blood in the pocket.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-No thanks, I will let those thing in it's place.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The darkness presses in upon your eyelids once more and when you can see clearly you find yourselves just as you were before, in that L-shaped room that has become your cell.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-What the hell was that? Some experimental drug of low time duration they put in our food?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Other than a slight sense of vertigo and the scent of ozone, the room seems unchanged and his own body seems to show no other side effects. No sluggishness, no visual auras, no tingling fingertips. Nothing else is all that amiss.

The intercom crackles. "Hmm, well, you two seem like you've just seen a ghost, judging by the pallor and the glances around," said Kasiliev. "So I guess the experience worked. Please, do tell me of your experiences in that room. And don't even think about leaving anything out. If I even think you're withholding information, I'll have to hold you here even longer."

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-There is nothing to tell. You just put somethings in our room without us realizing it and then you take it. So don't play with us.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

After brief introspection, with a smile Alexander looks into his pocket to see if he can find the Ace he collected.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The Ace card is still there. The room itself is quite different from the other room. This room is windowless (the other had stiff curtains), this room is L-shaped, the other had an ordinary rectangular shape. The other smelt like cheap cigar smoke and sugary perfume. This room smells of stale, musty air, and urine. Yet the change over seemed almost seamless. You have no sensation of having been moved, other than the mild vertigo. As the whole thing dawns on you, you start wondering about the reality of this whole situation (roll 0/1d4 SAN loss).

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nicolai finds a normal explanation and keep his mind cool: the vodka was probably full of some toxine.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"I know all we're doing is travelling without moving,
Hey hey.
I know all we're doing is travelling without moving,
Can't stop, no.
I know all we're doing is travelling without moving,
Yeah yeah...
I know all we're doing is travelling."
Alexander sings with a smile on his face while doing an ackward but "Jay Kay"-worthy shuffle. It seems his introvertedness had faded in these extreme conditions.

"All kidding aside, it seems we did travel without moving, and were able to bring back some sort of proof. I'm not sure how you fixed this up, but this is pretty interesting." he said to the camera "But I still don't understand why the hell you need us as lab rats."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You two are in an extraordinary position. Most others will disappear into that room. With each visit, you will have one less hour before the next one, until you run out of hours. However, the only cure from what I can find is to help make the expedition happen. That should help increase your longevity. I needed guinea pigs and this was the most humane option." He sounds almost, but not quite, apologetic.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nicolai shows suddenly interest:
-And what makes that peculiar hapening? IT cannot be the room itself. Is the place where it was build? Any machine you have here? Or the way it was build?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That is the million dollar question. From what I can gather, it is simply hearing the story. Sort of like a memetic infection, or a memetic curse, similar to that popularised in various Japanese horror movies, such as Pulse. But you have longer to survive. And it is, to a certain extent, more insidious."

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"You expect us to simply go to the expedition like nothing happened?" Alexander asks.

"We would've gone anyway, what the hell is your point?" he said to the camera "Now, I'm not so sure... At the very least, you've strongly delayed the expedition, no?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-And why us? You said that several persons disappeared; we didn't find any traces of them, so we can presume they were in a somewhere different place. But about the survivors? What kind of persons where they? Chosen random or scientists?
Nicolai was forgeting his situation as a hostage/guinea pig and thinking as a scientist.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Survivors? No, no, survivor implies they got out scott free. It was a little more complex than that. By going on the expedition and actively aiding it and working towards it, they managed to delay the inevitable. Buy some more time. So you see, after this series of experiments, I would strongly suggest that you go on this expedition."

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Thank you for sugesting what we were already thinking to do- says Nicolai sarcastely.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a startled cry over the speakers. Then a thump. The speakers crackled, suggesting that something had fallen onto the 'Microphone On' button. They could just vaguely pick out a whump-whump-whump sound coming from the speakers (Listen check to pick out more).

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Now what?
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple