Page 1 of 1

Biologist/Genetic Researcher: Nicolai Lebedev

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:19 am
by Laraqua
The flight to Berlin is smooth, if rather long and tedious, and the woman sitting next to him keeps popping the gum she's chewing. She's sitting there, twirling a thick strange of long, blonde hair, popping gum and flicking through the pages of a German fashion magazine. It has been going on like this for hours now.

Re: Biologist/Genetic Researcher: Nicolai Lebedev

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:41 am
by kabukiman
- It is been a long trip, isn't it?

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:27 am
by Laraqua
The girl doesn't look up from her magazine. Maybe she didn't hear him or maybe she was just being plain rude. The sky outside the window is dark and clear, filled with a swarm of shimmering stars above and shimmering lights below.

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:15 am
by kabukiman
Lebedev takes some works from his students, and starts reading them.

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:09 pm
by Laraqua
The plane lands at 7:45 as scheduled with the woman smacking gum the whole way. The air port terminal is quite busy though not nearly as horrible as Moscow's. He quickly spots a representative of Ophidian holding a placard bearing his name.

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 am
by kabukiman
-Good morning, I'm professor Lebedev, shall we go?

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:33 am
by Laraqua
"Good evening, I'm Dmitri Kasiliev," says the man in southern Russian as he puts the placard down and starts leading the way. "I'm sure you're famished after your trip. Is there any particular type of restaurant you would like to indulge in before I take you to your hotel room? Or would you prefer to eat there?" He flashes a white-toothed smile. "This is all expenses paid, after all."

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:05 pm
by kabukiman
-A place that serves a good steak. And with some style, I'm enouth of eating sandwiches with crowded students in the past days, da? And that i can use a wireless computer. I will trust your jugement.
Nicolai looks by the window to the city, thinking he would like to see the zoo- if he will have time.

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:37 pm
by Laraqua
"I know just the feeling, well, not students, but hurried business lunches at my office, hence why I was so excited to be on suit-duty for you," says Kasiliev with a wink. "Come, come..." He heads over to baggage. "Which ones are yours? Let's grab them ... there's this neat place on Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 29 ... the Escados Steak House."

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:16 am
by kabukiman
-Good. There wasn't anyone to talk in the plain, so it's good to talk to a compatriot. So how long are you working here?

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 am
by Laraqua
"I actually immigrated here with my parents fifteen years ago but I made sure to keep the accent," says Kasiliev. "The ladies find it sexy." He collects the baggage and starts leading Nicolai out to the taxi rank.

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:42 pm
by kabukiman
-Find it sexy, eh? Well, I will have to remember that. Let's see this city, I have always been curuous to see it.

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:28 am
by Laraqua
"Of course," Kasiliev says, seemingly distracted. He passes several taxis before finding the one he was looking for. "Ah, excellent, I always had a thing about the number five." Then he pulls open the boot, puts Lebedev's luggage in, shuts it and goes over to hop in the passenger seat, waiting for Lebedev to get in the back.

The taxi cab pulls out of its park and starts threading its slow way out of the expansive Berlin Schönefeld airport. While there doesn't appear to be a huge amount of traffic at the moment, the maze-like warren seems to have the taxi driver briefly confused.

"Could you take us to the Escados Steak House on Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 29," says Kasiliev. Then he turns to Lebedev. "So, tell me about your fine self?"

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:30 am
by kabukiman
-Not much to tell. I'm an investigator in an university. Unfortunely, i spend most of the time doing paperwork and teaching students who thinks are smart because they copying their works unstead of making them.

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:56 am
by Laraqua
"Such things happen, indeed they do," says Kasiliev. "So how did you get roped into doing this whole Kamchatka expedition thing? Were you one of those who saw the tablet and just 'felt it was the second sign'," he says, throwing out his arms expansively. "Or are you in it for fame and fortune? Or something else? I hope you don't mind my asking, I just always found such decisions to go exploring so fascinating. Everyone's got a different reason."

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:55 pm
by kabukiman
Lebedev laught.
-Well, I’m not the kind who wants to be illuminated; I’m very sceptical. And even if they discovery some old civilization, it will be good to historians discuss some data, but hardly relevant for the rest of the world. But for what I know, there was some intriguing aspects that required my expertise, so I was curious and decided to came. If nothing of important happens, well, at least I have caught some fresh air, make exercise and maybe some friends and useful contacts, it’s not bad at all, da?

OOC: Of course Lebedev is not telling all the true: above all, he wants the fame that it may bring him to others projects, but it’s not the kind of thing to so say to a person you just met…

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:52 pm
by Laraqua
"Not at all, not at all, what with the amount of publicity that Ophidian seems to want out of it," says Kasiliev. "Besides, true believers are so very tiresome."

The taxi exits the air port parking lot.

"Bet your girlfriend must be throwing a fit at you for coming all the way to Berlin and then all of the way to Kamchatka without her. My girlfriend was warning me about all the horrible things that would happen to my pets if I was gone too long picking you up ... hey, don't suppose you mind if I stop by there for a half minute to check up on her? Pregnant, you know how they get."

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:17 pm
by kabukiman
-Me and my girlfriend have just finished. She told me that everything would end if I didn't bring her, I replied it wasn't me who chose the personnel, but of course she didn't listen to me. But of course, we can stop for a couple of minutes.

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:36 pm
by Laraqua
"No, what did she do? Geology? Meteorology? Or did she just figure she could sight see?" Kasiliev shrugs. "Women!" he says good-naturedly. The taxi continues on down the street, making a left and two rights. "Don't worry, with a Russian accent, you can get yourself back in business again. Particularly after the media ruckus that'll be built up around you."

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:56 pm
by kabukiman
-Yes, women, we can't live with them... but it's even worst without them. And my boss was jumping of joy when I was invited, he said that maybe we would obtained more funds now. Anywhy, I'm curious about the other people who were chosen. But I didn't receive much info about the place, you don't hapen to know anything? I have done some research but the net was full of strange stories.

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 am
by Laraqua
"I know all sorts of fascinating details about that mountain, not least the fact that the Russian government managed to keep it off-limits, illegal entry, and all that, for two hundred years, through several wars, two revolutions and many changes of government, all with a minimal, possibly non-existent, military presence, simply because of how scary that place is," says Kasiliev.

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 pm
by kabukiman
-Being out of reach isn't surprising. The different goverments in Russia and former USSR weren't exactly exemples of open mind. Remember what happened in Chernobyl.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:46 am
by Laraqua
"True, but don't you find it weird that they kept the law that made it off-limits over so many changes of government all due to something that happened in 1786? Why pay attention to what happened to one expedition?" Kasiliev asks as the taxi goes around a round about and heads to the right.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:45 am
by kabukiman
-Maybe there was some military base. Or they use to put the dead bodies of enemies of the different regimes. Whateaver is the reason, we will discover it.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:52 am
by Laraqua
"That does make a lot of sense, really, it does," says Kasiliev, peering out the window. "So, can you speak much German? Read it at all?"

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:57 am
by kabukiman
No, I had learn latin in school, and with the end of the Wall of Berlin, I decided to learn english, and for now it's enouth.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:16 pm
by Laraqua
"Ah, here we are," says Kasiliev. The taxi cab stops outside of a large white house behind a walled garden. "This may take a minute. Want to come in and get a cup of coffee?"

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:37 pm
by kabukiman
-No thank you, I doubt that your girlfriend will be happy that you bring your work to the house... I will stay here, but send her my regards.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:20 am
by Laraqua
"You've got a real good point on that so I guess I'd better come clean. My girlfriend and her younger sister are actually pretty keen on meeting you," he says and gives a little shrug as he leans in through the passenger side window. "Especially her sister who's a real big science geek and a huge fan of the 'Hidden Places' documentary that'll be recording you on the expedition. She's dead keen on getting an autograph from you before you head off. The way she figures it'll play out is that it's going to end up being a Big Brothers meets Lost. Real mysteries but with real people. I don't suppose you'd be willing to spare a couple of minutes to meet her? Take a photograph or something with her? She's real cute?" Kasiliev gives him an apologetic and pleading look, eyebrows raised and hands held out.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:49 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: What happened here? The forum is completly different...

Lebedev shows suddenly that he is interested.
-Well, it's good to see young people apreciate scientists and not just movie stars and singers, so how can I refuse? Let's see my fan- he says in good mood. He compose himself to get a better look.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:11 pm
by Laraqua
"Oh, good, good, I should be more honest in future," says Kasiliev, opening the door for him and leading him to the front door. "I'll take you into a side room so you can, er, better compose yourself. You still look a bit flight-tired."

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:30 pm
by kabukiman
-Right then. But we must be quick, I'm starving.
Lebedev exit the taxi and enters to the house. He looks at the house with interest and then prepares himself.

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:04 am
by Laraqua
Kasiliev leads him into an L-shaped room upstairs for him to tidy up. Inside the room is a couch and a table and chairs. There's no window to show him a view of Berlin, at least, not that he can see. "There's a mirror just around the corner there for you to brush up," he says, going over to the table to pick up a German magazine. "I'll be back with the girls in an instant."

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:51 am
by kabukiman
Lebedev thinks for himself:
-Funny, it would be a nice place to kidnappe someone. Of course, if he wanted to do it, the minute I had put my feet in this place, I would already be put to sleep. Let's put me now with a better look.
Lebedev wash his face with soap, (he can't put perfum, since it isn't allowed to bring in his handbag), and brush his hair.
-Now I'm better. Let's go then.
-I'm ready-he shouts

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:19 am
by Laraqua
Background music.
When he goes around the corner of the L-shaped room, he finds nothing but a single bed mattress, blanket and pillow flopped in the corner - a speaker sits in the upper corner of the room. He hears the door closing at the other end of the room with a smooth click. When he goes to the door, he finds it not only locked - it's actually quite a solid-looking door. He can hear music coming in from the speaker - From Russia With Love.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:08 am
by kabukiman
-Kasiliev? What do this mean? Why is this door locked?

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:09 am
by Laraqua
Kasiliev is no longer in the room. Lebedev is alone. There is no answer - neither through the door nor over the speakers.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:07 am
by kabukiman
Lebedev try to push the door and see if there is anything he can use to smash the door.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:02 pm
by Laraqua
There is the table and two chairs that could be used in an attempt. However, they are made of a simple wooden design reminiscent of IKEA and probably wouldn't put much of a dent in the door. The door doesn't budge against his pushing.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:06 pm
by kabukiman
Lebedev try to see if there is any other place wher he may run. Or uses his cell phone, and call the police.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:37 am
by Laraqua
The L-shaped room has no other doors, although he could attempt to hide behind the obscured wall. He pulls out out his cell phone and realizes he doesn't know the German emergency number. He only knows the police and emergency numbers in Russia. If only he were in America. Everyone knew of the 911 emergency number.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:22 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Does at least Lebedev have any contact from the company who hired him? If not, he will try to call to his chief of departement in russia.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:33 am
by Laraqua
Lebedev thumbs through his phone's contact details and then remembers that he had left the phone number on the letter in his luggage and had not entered it into his mobile phone. Also unfortunately, he doesn't know the international set of digits for reaching Russia from this distance.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:40 pm
by kabukiman
-Arrg! I knew I shouldn't have prepaired my bags in the last minute! Ok, Nicolai, think, there must be a solution. Ok, let's use this chair to try to break the door in a single point. It will take time, but's it's better than to stay quiet...

Lebedev starts to use a chair (and after the other, and latter the table) to beat in the same single point.

OOC: What rolls must I do? Or is there anything in metal that may be used?

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:47 am
by Laraqua
There is nothing metal in this room. The chairs are made out of flimsy wood, as is the table, and remind him of some items from IKEA. Closer inspection reveals that they are not even screwed in tightly enough to allow him to sit with any safety. This is, for all intents and purposes, a very well put-together kidnapping room.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:25 am
by kabukiman
-Ok, I'm not a rich man, so you have get the wrong target. But I have some savings, so just talk, right?

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:51 pm
by Laraqua
"Sure, Mr. Lebedev," says a voice over the speaker around the corner of the L-Shaped Room. "What do you want to talk about?"

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:27 am
by kabukiman
-What is this all about? If it is money, I can try to raise some, but you have get the wrong target.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:49 am
by Laraqua
"It was never about money," says the voice, calmly.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:56 am
by kabukiman
-So, it's about what? I'm not doing any special research-I just hope it's not some ex-boyfriend, thinks Lebedev.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:13 am
by Laraqua
"No special research, huh?" The voice snickers.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:20 am
by kabukiman
-No, I mean, nothing classified. And if it's about this expedition, I don't know much, they told me they would debrief me after I would arrive.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:35 pm
by Laraqua
"I'm not after the information you know," says Kasiliev lazily. "Just take a lie down and relax. You'll be in here for awhile. Oh, and I wouldn't go about trying to contact anyone through your mobile phone. If someone ends up coming after you, we'll have to close up shop and that could lead to a very unfortunate incident."

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:07 am
by kabukiman
-How long? One month?

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:32 am
by Laraqua
"Don't worry, it'll only be for a week or two."

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 am
by kabukiman
- So what's the deal, you will put someone else in the expedition unstead of me? And I appear mysteriously with a bullet in my head after an oficial suicide?

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:23 pm
by Laraqua
"The deal? You're not a part of the deal so you won't get to find that out. Of course, if we wanted to just kill you there are far simpler ways to do it." It sounds like Kasiliev is smiling.

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:41 pm
by kabukiman
-So, I'm suppose to wait? Just that?

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:02 am
by Laraqua
"Indeed, have a lay down and try to get some sleep, it's been a long flight and you're bound to be jet lagged. Or would you prefer us to deliver some food? Don't presume the latter to be your ticket out of here, I preferred to use no guns while getting you into your room, but that doesn't mean we don't have some very big guns."

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 am
by kabukiman
-Well, you own me a good meal, remember? It's the least that you can do...

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:31 am
by Laraqua
There is a chuckle over the speakers. "That's fair. Don't make any sudden moves and behave yourself nicely and I'll see to it you get three square meals a day. Now would you like a bottle of wine to help your night more smooth? Or a book? So long as you're well-behaved, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't also be well-mannered. Sound fair?"

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:47 pm
by kabukiman
-Wine? No, thank you, I will pass on that, or any alcool. Orange juice will be fine. Wel,, since I'm in "hollidays" I don't need to continue to see the homeworks of my brilliant students- he says with irony.
-Let me see, with one week, what can I read? Since I'm arrested, I think that "The trial" from Kafka would be quite apropriate, don't you think so? Everybody speaks the best of the book, and I never had the chance to read it...

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:16 pm
by Laraqua
"Very well," says Kasiliev. "Give me a little time and I'll see what I can do. I can get you that novel tomorrow but for tonight I have a lovely comedy thriller novel you might enjoy."

OOC: Do you wait for dinner? Do you make any preparations for striking when dinner is presented?

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:27 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: What objects do I have exactly? Can I see any camera?

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:37 am
by Laraqua
Other than the IKEA table and two chairs, there is a mattress flopped on the ground with two pillows and a blanket. There is also a speaker mounted in the upper right-hand corner of the room that has a black lump on it that could function as a camera. There is also a peep-hole in the door, of the kind normally seen in front doors, though this one allowed people to look inside rather than letting him peer outside. His luggage had not been left in this room by Kasiliev. All he had on his person was a mobile phone, a wallet, several roubles, several euros, his passport and several cards - business cards, credit cards. He might also have a few things on him that he carried onto the plane but that would only involve items allowed by airport security.

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm
by kabukiman
He will (casually) put the coat in the speakers. He will put himself in one of the corner right to the door (out of of the hole range) and try to use a pen ou a credit card to open the lock.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:01 am
by Laraqua
Nicolai finds the lock to be too sophisticated for his simplistic tactics. Music starts coming in over the speakers.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 am
by kabukiman
OOC: The link says that it isn't possible to see that music in my country.

Lebedev will wait until someone appears with his food. He won't do a thing until then.

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:10 am
by Laraqua
About twenty minutes later, the door opens and a tray is placed on the ground by Kasiliev, bent over. Above Kasiliev, stands a man holding a handgun. Kasiliev starts to push the tray along the ground, intending to get it out of the way of the door so it can be closed again. It has upon it all that was promised.

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: What have the food? Any knife? bones? Though dishes? Anything that can be used as a weapon?

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 am
by Laraqua
The tray is plastic. Upon it is a book "The Trial" by Kafka and on a plastic plate there is also a steak, mashed potato and peas and corn. The steak has already been cut into squares. There is a plastic spork.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:27 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Let me guess, the book is a paperback edition, no hardcover :D
-Ey, sorry, but when i will finish my meal, could you bring me some tea?

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:08 am
by Laraqua
"Don't get picky," says Kasiliev. "I'm going to get some shut-eye. Oh, but don't worry ... there'll be someone watching you. Heck, they might even be in the room with you if you misbehave."

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:23 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, as long the other one is polite, it's fine for me.

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:05 am
by Laraqua
His only response is silence from the speakers. It looks like it's going to be a long night.

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:45 pm
by kabukiman
-No tea?

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:36 pm
by Laraqua
Silence.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:14 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Is there any light on? Or is Lebedev in the dark?

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:44 am
by Laraqua
The light is on.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:13 pm
by kabukiman
So he wil turn the light off (if he can).

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:30 am
by Laraqua
There doesn't appear to be any access to the lights in the room.

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:35 am
by Laraqua
There doesn't appear to be any access to the lights in the room unless he wants to try and prise loose the metal caging around the light globe.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:39 pm
by kabukiman
He will try to sleep the best he can.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:37 am
by Laraqua
It is a long and difficult process but finally he falls asleep.

OOC: I'll tell you when you wake up.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:07 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Ok

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:19 am
by Laraqua
He awakens to the sound of the door to his room slamming shut.

OOC: Enter your new fancy thread!