Biologist/Genetic Researcher: Nicolai Lebedev

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Biologist/Genetic Researcher: Nicolai Lebedev

Post by Laraqua »

"I know all sorts of fascinating details about that mountain, not least the fact that the Russian government managed to keep it off-limits, illegal entry, and all that, for two hundred years, through several wars, two revolutions and many changes of government, all with a minimal, possibly non-existent, military presence, simply because of how scary that place is," says Kasiliev.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Being out of reach isn't surprising. The different goverments in Russia and former USSR weren't exactly exemples of open mind. Remember what happened in Chernobyl.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"True, but don't you find it weird that they kept the law that made it off-limits over so many changes of government all due to something that happened in 1786? Why pay attention to what happened to one expedition?" Kasiliev asks as the taxi goes around a round about and heads to the right.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Maybe there was some military base. Or they use to put the dead bodies of enemies of the different regimes. Whateaver is the reason, we will discover it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That does make a lot of sense, really, it does," says Kasiliev, peering out the window. "So, can you speak much German? Read it at all?"

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

No, I had learn latin in school, and with the end of the Wall of Berlin, I decided to learn english, and for now it's enouth.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Ah, here we are," says Kasiliev. The taxi cab stops outside of a large white house behind a walled garden. "This may take a minute. Want to come in and get a cup of coffee?"

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-No thank you, I doubt that your girlfriend will be happy that you bring your work to the house... I will stay here, but send her my regards.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You've got a real good point on that so I guess I'd better come clean. My girlfriend and her younger sister are actually pretty keen on meeting you," he says and gives a little shrug as he leans in through the passenger side window. "Especially her sister who's a real big science geek and a huge fan of the 'Hidden Places' documentary that'll be recording you on the expedition. She's dead keen on getting an autograph from you before you head off. The way she figures it'll play out is that it's going to end up being a Big Brothers meets Lost. Real mysteries but with real people. I don't suppose you'd be willing to spare a couple of minutes to meet her? Take a photograph or something with her? She's real cute?" Kasiliev gives him an apologetic and pleading look, eyebrows raised and hands held out.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: What happened here? The forum is completly different...

Lebedev shows suddenly that he is interested.
-Well, it's good to see young people apreciate scientists and not just movie stars and singers, so how can I refuse? Let's see my fan- he says in good mood. He compose himself to get a better look.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh, good, good, I should be more honest in future," says Kasiliev, opening the door for him and leading him to the front door. "I'll take you into a side room so you can, er, better compose yourself. You still look a bit flight-tired."

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Right then. But we must be quick, I'm starving.
Lebedev exit the taxi and enters to the house. He looks at the house with interest and then prepares himself.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Kasiliev leads him into an L-shaped room upstairs for him to tidy up. Inside the room is a couch and a table and chairs. There's no window to show him a view of Berlin, at least, not that he can see. "There's a mirror just around the corner there for you to brush up," he says, going over to the table to pick up a German magazine. "I'll be back with the girls in an instant."

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Lebedev thinks for himself:
-Funny, it would be a nice place to kidnappe someone. Of course, if he wanted to do it, the minute I had put my feet in this place, I would already be put to sleep. Let's put me now with a better look.
Lebedev wash his face with soap, (he can't put perfum, since it isn't allowed to bring in his handbag), and brush his hair.
-Now I'm better. Let's go then.
-I'm ready-he shouts
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

When he goes around the corner of the L-shaped room, he finds nothing but a single bed mattress, blanket and pillow flopped in the corner - a speaker sits in the upper corner of the room. He hears the door closing at the other end of the room with a smooth click. When he goes to the door, he finds it not only locked - it's actually quite a solid-looking door. He can hear music coming in from the speaker - From Russia With Love.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Kasiliev? What do this mean? Why is this door locked?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Kasiliev is no longer in the room. Lebedev is alone. There is no answer - neither through the door nor over the speakers.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Lebedev try to push the door and see if there is anything he can use to smash the door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is the table and two chairs that could be used in an attempt. However, they are made of a simple wooden design reminiscent of IKEA and probably wouldn't put much of a dent in the door. The door doesn't budge against his pushing.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Lebedev try to see if there is any other place wher he may run. Or uses his cell phone, and call the police.

Return to “Berlin Chapter”