Geologist: Dr. Magnus Urquhart

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Geologist: Dr. Magnus Urquhart

Post by Laraqua »

The first room of the apartment includes a kitchennette and small lounge area. There's a little nub of a hallway that leads to three other rooms. The couch sags in the middle. The kitchennette floor hasn't seen a mop in years. The television and VCR seem to be the only valuable items in the whole visible area. The smell of perfume, lavender incense sticks and musk fills the room. A song can be heard playing from a machine in the bedroom - "Sway" by Michael Buble.

"Huh?" says Gemma, looking confused. "Who put on song?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by John Gaunt »

"Do you have a roommate?" Magnus inquires distractedly, casting his gaze about the grubby interior. "Or a clock radio perhaps? I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation..."

He trails off as he thinks about what brought him here - horniness and the prospect of satiating it. Gazing lustfully at the object of his desire, the Scotsman slides the door chain along its track behind them. Wouldn't want to be interrupted by that poofter of a "toy", would we?

"Well, I rather enjoy this song," Magnus says as he sidles up behind her, his hands on her svelte hips as he nuzzles her neck, "among other things."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Angela has the spare key," she says, sliding her arms around his neck and giving him a long and passionate kiss. Then she pulls back her head. "Angela, sind Sie hier? Ich habe einen Freund, der Sie treffen möchte." She turns back to Magnus. "Should we check if it's her?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"That depends," Magnus breathes, "would she have any interest in joining us?" With that, he indelicately engulfs her mouth and forces his tongue down her throat while he gropes her tight body and grinds his tumescence into her pelvis.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Mein Gott! This just keeps getting better and better!" Magnus declares, his voice a combination of disbelief and excitement. With that, he places his left hand in the small of her back and raises her left with his right and, in a clumsy approximation of a Tango, walks Gemma backwards toward the music.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The bedroom door is closed. The incense seems to be coming from within.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Magnus dances Gemma backwards, his hips swaying as he presses her back to the door. He gazes hungrily into her eyes as he twists the doorknob and their combined weight flings open the door...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door flies open and Magnus finds himself in a seductive lady's bedroom, hung with red-and-black tapestries along the walls. Shiny black furniture - wardrobe, bedside cabinet, dressing table. A green incense stick poking out of the mouth of a silvered dragon perched over what looks like a cracked stone ravine. No toys in sight - perhaps they were in the wardrobe. So many scented candles clutter all of the surfaces.

A woman lays, bound with black leathers, upon the top black covers of the king-sized four-poster bed. The cover beneath her lays smoothed out as though by cautious hands. Her light brown hair lays fanned out upon the pillow beneath her head. Her lips, painted ruby red, are slightly parted. Her eyes, brushed with golden eye shadow, lay glazed and staring. The gash in her lower abdomen reveal the slight spillage of intestines. The lacerations on her arms and legs, dozens of them, glare at him in red contempt.

The air smells richly of blood but not of decay. The body is fresh. The intestines not yet split.

Gemma has not yet seen the scene. Her face buried in his hair. Her hands buried in his pants.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Magnus disengages and pushes off from Gemma with an incredulous "Whatthefuck, woman!?"

OOC: Would this be an opportune time for a San roll?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Magnus reels from the sight and feels like his very sense of reality has been violated, changed in such a subtle and pervasive manner that it would affect him for weeks to come.

Gemma looks at him in confusion and then turns her attention to the woman on the bed. The look of profound shock and dismay flitters across her face which is followed by profound confusion. "P-police, should call police." She starts pulling out he rmobile phone with trembling fingers.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Nein! Non! Not just yet, sweetie," Magnus hisses as he grasps Gemma's wrist with surprising quickness. With his free hand he brings a singular finger to his lips in the universally understood pantomime of "Shhhh".
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Wh-what?" Gemma asks, seeming confused.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"This is recent," the nervous Scotsman stammers, "they may still be here. Be very quiet. Is that your friend Angela, there on the bed?" His eyes dart about the room searching for a suitable bludgeon, a candlestick perhaps or, barring that, the dragonhead incense holder.

Does the wardrobe appear large enough to hide an adult sized person?
Last edited by John Gaunt on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She nods mutely. Her eyes wide and imploring. Her fingers twitching on the mobile phone. She takes a few steps backwards out of the room.

There is a large candlabra near the bed head that contains three candles though that required moving passed the bed which could obscure any man or monster. The Dragonhead incense holder would be far too small for such use. The wardrobe sits facing the bed and is currently behind him as he surveys the room for weaponry.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

OOC: FYI: Magnus hasn't released his grip on Gemma. Let's say he's gripping her right wrist in his left hand. I'm not clear on the obscuring effect of the bed. Do you mean to say that someone could be hiding behind it or under it or is it a four poster canopy bed that will obscure parts of the room relative to Magnus' position to it? Monsters? C'mon, there's no such thing as monsters! You haven't answered my question re the wardrobe, btw.

Maintaining his grip upon Gemma's lithe wrist, Magnus takes a few tentative steps with her backwards into the doorway, his heart pounding, his mind racing. He cocks his head toward the front door and whispers: "Let's bring your 'toy' into the apartment here with us. We could use some back up..."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gemma nods and starts backing out of the room.

OOC: The wardrobe is large enough. The bed has a blanket flowing over the sides, hiding anyone who might be underneath it. Basically, if you want to get the candleabras as a weapon you'll need to walk passed the bed, leaving your legs open to whoever might be beneath it.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Figuring discretion to be the wiser part of valor, Magnus backs out of the room tethered to Gemma, his biker boots clomping noisily despite his best efforts. He walks her to the front door and quietly undoes the door chain.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The lad is standing beside the door, hands clasped behind his back, head bowed. Seeing the look on Gemma's face, he straightens even more. He asks something in German.

Gemma
slips out her mobile and starts to dial.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Magnus cocks his head towards the inside of the apartment. "Have a look inside with me, mate?" he whispers.

Return to “Berlin Chapter”