Geologist: Dr. Magnus Urquhart

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Geologist: Dr. Magnus Urquhart

Post by John Gaunt »

Casting a glance at the strange woman who originally aided him, Magnus shrugs his shoulders with his palms open and up and continues to shuffle towards the animated triage nurse all the while stammering: " No Deutsch...No Deutsch!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The triage nurse gestures for him to follow her. Finally, Magnus is led into a small room to sit up on a stretcher as she pulls the curtains closed. He is given the medical care he requires, allowed to lay and rest for a few hours more, and then released back onto the streets with a stitched neck. It looked like his overseas insurance was dodgier than he had originally thought.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Bleary-eyed and spent, Magnus ponders his inexplicably weird night as he totters towards the sliding doors of the ER. "Oi, Ida been better off ordering fookin' room service..." he muses as he squints his eyes in protest to the emerging dawn and scans the street for a taxi to squire him back to his room at the Hotel De Wittelsbach Am Kurfurstendamm.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Its been a long night. It takes close to no time for him to be safely back in his hotel room, tucked up between the covers, and falling asleep. The pain killers they had given him was good. Real good.

He awoke three hours later to his phone ringing.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

With his head safely ensconced in the pillows to ward off the intruding daylight, the recuperating Scotsman gropes blindly from the warm, dark safety of his covers. Clumsily knocking the receiver from its cradle, he reels it in by its cord until it's in proximity to his mouth.

"Hallo? Oo's this?!" puzzled, he inquires.

OOC: When do we do skill checks in this game?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Hello pet," purred the Germanic voice of the seductive woman he had met last night.

OOC: Skill checks come at the end of the Berlin Chapter - basically two in-game weeks. I'm hoping it shouldn't take TOO long to OOCly get to that point as a lot of hours will be skipped.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Bolting upright, Magnus stammers: "G-G-Gemma?! Is that you?" then, looking confusedly around his surroundings he queries: "How in hell didjoo get this number?!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Her words dissolve into static again and again as though she were speaking on a radio rather than a mobile phone. "I need you ... will help me ... will go to the place they shouldn't ... warn them about the ... richer than they could ever dream ... wishes ... Carter ... you can't ... Carter has ... in the mountains are great riches and ... I couldn't ... shouldn't listen but I ... I can see it now. I can see it all."

She hangs up.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Are you allright? I, I, I need you too! Where are you!? What mountains and oo the devil is Carter?! Gemma? Gemma?!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The mobile switches itself off. The battery must have run out. He's left to face the morning's activities on that note.

OOC: What's on Magnus' agenda for the day? Tourist things? Work things?

Return to “Berlin Chapter”