Geologist: Dr. Magnus Urquhart

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Geologist: Dr. Magnus Urquhart

Post by Laraqua »

"H-hallo? Milly? Es ist ... es ist ... Gemma," says Gemma into the phone. "P-wenden Sie sich bitte, Sie haben um mir zu helfen. Es ist ... sie ... sie ist tot!"

She pauses for a moment as though listening to someone on her phone.

The man looks at Magnus with a confused lack of understanding. "Sie haben um mir zu helfen?"

Gemma continues talking into the phone. "Ich bin zu Hause, bei der der Wohnung, ich brachte diesen Mann zu Hause und armen Angela .... Es war nicht der Mann mit mir. ... Es war jemand anderes. Oh Gott! Sie ist tot, sie ist tot".

"Sie ist tot?" the man asks, panic evident on his face. Panic and sorrow.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by John Gaunt »

"Ja, tot!" Magnus affirms, nodding his head, frustration with the language gulf creeping into his tone. "Можете Вы говорить русского (Can you speak Russian)?" he inquires. Not waiting for an answer, he looks to Gemma, "Is that the police? Tell them the murderer may still be on the premises and tell your 'toy' to accompany me." With that, he turns toward the kitchenette with the intention of securing a sizable knife...
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Ja, tot!" Magnus affirms, nodding his head, frustration with the language gulf creeping into his tone. "Можете Вы говорить русского (Can you speak Russian)?" he inquires. Not waiting for an answer, he looks to Gemma, "Is that the police? Tell them the murderer may still be on the premises and tell your 'toy' to accompany me." With that, he turns toward the kitchenette with the intention of securing a sizable knife...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man follows him into the kitchen as the girl keeps talking. Magnus finds a sharp filleting knight that could cause some damage. Gemma keeps talking into her phone.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Magnus points towards the bedroom and tiptoes, knife in hand, cautiously back to the scene of the crime.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The scene is as before: a seductive lady's bedroom, hung with red-and-black tapestries along the walls. Shiny black furniture - wardrobe, bedside cabinet, dressing table. A green incense stick poking out of the mouth of a silvered dragon perched over what looks like a cracked stone ravine. No toys in sight - perhaps they were in the wardrobe. So many scented candles clutter all of the surfaces.

A woman lays, bound with black leathers, upon the top black covers of the king-sized four-poster bed. The cover beneath her lays smoothed out as though by cautious hands. Her light brown hair lays fanned out upon the pillow beneath her head. Her lips, painted ruby red, are slightly parted. Her eyes, brushed with golden eye shadow, lay glazed and staring. The gash in her lower abdomen reveal the slight spillage of intestines. The lacerations on her arms and legs, dozens of them, glare at him in red contempt.

The air smells richly of blood but not of decay. The body is fresh.

The 'toy' seems shocked and begins to tremble, even as he first looks around the room. He opens his mouth as if to speak and then closes it again.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Magnus carefully opens the wardrobe and peers inside, ready for anything...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Several naughty outfits hang amongst more casual coats and dresses. Shoving them back with his weapon, reveals only the rear wall of the wardrobe. The floor of the wardrobe carries an assortment of shoes. "Mag Nus!" cries out the 'toy'.

Turning with surprising speed, he spies a fellow coming out from beneath the bed, thick shoulder-length dreads hanging on either side of his down-turned face as he moves with an unnatural spider-like gait. The toy brandishes his knife and darts forward, right arm swinging out with surprising speed and ferocity but cuts the flapping black coat instead.

Magnus barely catches a glimpse of the man's nakedness beneath the open coat, the glaring scars, the animal redness to the whites of the eyes, before he must act. Even in the heat of the moment, however, he sees the knife. A gleaming scalpel cleaned of blood.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Feeling emboldened in the company of the "Toy", Magnus calls upon his soccer hooligan days and clips the sinister intruder in the mouth with as much force as he can muster.

"Oi, mate! Better give it up, we've got ya outnumbered!"

OOC: Welcome back, I'm attempting to knock out the bad guy.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Whispers flutter through the air, sounding both near and far away. "Don't look at me ... please ... look away ..." The killer tries to knock aside the punch with his bare hand but acts too slowly, taking the fist to the cheek bone with a dull thwack that unsteadies him but does not take him off his feet. He swings the scalpel around with deadly accuracy...

OOC: You can attempt to parry with your knife using your weapon skill. If this still fails, you can dodge but that means you won't get you attack next turn and you'll have to rely on the 'toy'. If you only parry, you can attack in your next turn.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Reflexively, Magnus counters the scalpel swing with the blade of his fillet knife.

"Gemma! Tell the police to hurry, we've gotta bit of a stramash in 'ere!"
Spoiler:
Stramash A bit of bother, a scuffle.
(OOC: That was lucky! Next round's initiative.)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The 'toy's knife [img=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1768536/]sweeps closer[/img], slashing through the man's hair and just missing his face.

The whispers continue... "So many ... so many ... who else is here ..."

OOC: Nah, let's keep the current initiative. Saves time and rolling ... have mercy, I do have multiple characters to roll for after all. Your attack...

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Alarmed at the attacker's viciousness, with his free hand, Magnus stays the intruder's knife wielding hand by grabbing his forearm.

OOC: NP re initiative, I'll take what you rolled for my character anytime. Where do the whispers seem to be emanating from?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Too strong ... hurts ..." The words come from a myriad of directions. There is no way to pin down any source.

The intruder sweeps back and out of Magnus' reach, too far to be caught, but too far to slash as Magnus. He then rushes between the two men, taking Magnus by surprise and starts heading through the open door. The 'toy' reacts by lurching forward, swinging his knife in a high arc that takes him off-balance. He stumbles forward. The knife keeps coming down, too much force behind it, and it embeds in Magnus neck and down into the shoulder, scraping collar bone and rasping nerves that alight all the way down his spine in a fiery burst of pain. Magnus can't stand the pain and it nearly stuns him but he manages to keep moving.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Keeping his wits about him, Magnus attempts to dodge the Toy's errant strike but it finds its mark nonetheless.

"Bloody hell!" he cries in shock and outrage as he clasps a meaty palm to the wound. "Gemma! Lookout, he's coming your way!" the wounded Scotsman cries as he moves toward the door in pursuit.

Don't forget that Magnus is wearing a leather jacket which gives him 1 pt. of protection.
Last edited by John Gaunt on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The 'toy' gives a look of total shock as blood starts seeping out from around the knife. "Verlassen Sie es darin müssen, oder Sie werden mehr verbluten," says the 'toy', taking his hand off the knife handle and leaving it in Magnus. He then sprints out after the running man. As the two disappear into the lounge room, the whispers fade away.

OOC: Thanks for reminding me, I hadn't thought of the jacket. Won't help your Constitution x 5 rolls, that's for your Low Pain Tolerance ... you whimper like a baby. Because of your constitution, though, you've got an 80% of functioning normally regardless.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Mewling like a kitten, Magnus does his best to staunch the flow of blood with his hand and gives pursuit.

Soon as opportunity presents itself, Magnus will attempt a knife throw.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Magnus hears Gemma cry out as the man rushes out into the corridor. He gives pursuit and sees Gemma shoved to one side up against the wall. The man continues sprinting off toward the elevator. Magnus has one chance if he wants to throw the knife...

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Magnus balances the kitchen knife and flings it at the departing assailant but just misses with the unwieldy blade.

"Gemma, call a paramedic and the police!" Magnus shouts as he turns his attention to the blade protruding from his collarbone.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I-I can't," says Gemma, in a panic. "There's ... there's drugs in there ... I'm on parole." She looks panicked, her chest heaving up and down, her face covered in a sheen of sweat. "B-but I got painkillers ... I mean, in the meantime, while I'm waiting for ... help ... and while I'm ... I mean, doing the ... looking for the ... removing it all."

Return to “Berlin Chapter”