Funding Body Advisor & Media Liason: Daniel Carter

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Funding Body Advisor & Media Liason: Daniel Carter

Post by Laraqua »

Daniel Carter

The elevator doors open with a 'ding' onto Ophidian's roof. There's a square of concrete, covered in white lines, and with the odd set of lights for the helipad. Around that are the numerous eruptions of ducts, air conditioners, vents, and electrical boxes. A heavy rain batters down onto the roof, the rain drops lit up by curves of colour from the lights arranged around the helipad. The cloud are so thick that it seems almost like night and it's only the mid-afternoon. Flying in heavy rain is no picnic but it's probably quite painful down there, too.

"It's raining again," says Natasha quietly.

"It hasn't stopped," says Milly with a sigh.

"Ahh, here we are," says Francesca, damn near breaking into a jog to get to her baby.

Abbo Durer

The woman smiles at you both, adjusting her overly large jacket: "I'm Jennifer Powell. I work admin here. You look like you need some help. Come with me."

Timothy's gaze flicks down to her name tag and then up to her face. He smiles at her and throws a punch that misses.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Might as well wait in the chopper," says Daniel, following her. "No sense in staying out here and getting wet. You'll need time to do your pre-flight checks anyway - and to make sure your bird hasn't been sabotaged already."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Abbo Durer-

He notices Timothy's glance at the woman's name badge and then is surprised by the punch. Something is wrong!
Laraqua,Is Abbo carrying a weapon? because, if so, he'll draw the weapon. And, his "undercover" police status - do I keep that hidden from other players?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Handy

"Sabotage," said Milly. "That's a ... comforting image."

"I'll look her over," promises Francesca, letting the others into the helicopter.

"I'll stand by the elevator," said Sinclair with a brief smile. "I don't mind getting wet."

The interior of the helicopter is cold but dry. It's a relatively large model with enough seating for 8 people - though the seats are rather cramped and anyone moderately overweight would have a hell of a time getting comfortable. Through the windows, you can see the rain slanting down. The roof is practically awash with it.

Abbo Durer
Spoiler:
Some of the other players might be playing saboteurs, spies, or other such people. It's probably best to keep it on the down low from players and characters alike. You can always explain your actions to the police later on. You have a small handgun that is concealed under your jacket (1d6). You may roll Spot Hidden again to see if you notice something else.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Daniel straps himself into his seat. "Everyone okay?" he asks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo Durer-

[ooc: Spot Hidden (1d100=8)]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman's bulky jacket sits over an equally bulky shirt. It looks like there's something hard, with flat, segmented units, strapped to her chest beneath the shirt. There is also a glint of a knife inside of her jacket. On the plus side, the elevator light is on a floor directly above this one. Hopefully the doors will open behind Abbo soon. It's Abbo's action.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo Durer-

Abbo shouts, "This man is drunk!" grabbing Timothy's arms. "Please, Madam, excuse the violence: he doesn't know what he is doing." Abbo squeezes Timothy with his hand in an irregular pattern, trying to convey that Abbo is "on" to the woman as well.
Abbo asks the woman, "The elevator: You wish to go up?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman flinches in confusion as Abbo's words throw her off. "Yes, of course. I'm going up as well."

Timothy starts lolling about in a most unconvincing manner. "Sowwy mees, but I taught you were mah ex."

The elevator doors open. A single man in a poorly fitting suit stands in the rear of the elevator, looking bored. Abbo recognizes him from the group that had just entered the elevator.

The strange woman enters the elevator. "You coming?"

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo Durer-

"One moment, please." He shakes Timothy and whispers, "Don't over do it, man." As he is doing all this he looks for the fire escape stairs.
[Abbo intends to race up them to the roof.]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man in the ill-fitting suit stabs her with a needle directly into the back of her neck with a quick and ruthless grace. She sways on her feet for a moment and then turns to look back at him, clutching her neck, before collapsing in a heap at the bottom of the elevator. The man flashes a bodyguard's license at them and beckons them into the elevator. Tim looks to Abbo for guidance.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo Durer-

"Neat work! That injection: is it lethal?" Abbo steps into the elevator and begins to search the woman's body.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The bodyguard just smirks and presses the rooftop button. The elevator starts going up. The woman lays there limp as Abbo goes over her clothes. It appears that she has some sort of explosive device strapped to her chest with the trigger in her jacket pocket. She also has a wallet with a diamond money clip over a few dozen notes, a driver's license identifying her as Joanna Kriegg, and a stilleto knife in her other pocket. A scrap of paper folded inside the wallet looks like it comes from a flyer for some sort of grief support workshop called the Weeping Mother Support Group. Its address appears to be in 48 Kreudorf, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo pockets the items, taking care with the bomb trigger. Placing his fingers upon the woman's neck he checks for a pulse whilst looking up to the bodyguard.
"Thanks again. What is your name?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

His fingers keep trembling and slipping around the area. Abbo has seen people take a pulse in the movies but he's never had to do it much himself and it always takes him a lot of time. He thinks he might be able to feel her pulse ... but it might be his own.

The bodyguard sighs and says in heavily accented German: "Klaus Schmidtt." The accent isn't German. It quite clearly appears to be Russian - sounds like your Russian tutor, Oleg, who had lived in Kiev before coming to Germany. A middle class, urban accent, in other words.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Unsure what to do with the human bomb, Abbo decides to leave her, but he removes the bomb as well, intending to dump the bomb in the trash.

"How do you do, Klaus," he says. Standing up. "I'm Abbo Durer. The others, Daniel, Milly and the rest, have they left in the helicopter?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Ah, I wouldn't touch that," said Timothy as Abbo starts rolling her over to look for clasps. "It might have some kind of wire hooking it to her clothing. We should leave that for the police."

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Abbo freezes.
"I think you could be right, Timothy."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The elevator finally reaches the roof top and, with a sharp bing, the elevator doors open to reveal a world of roiling clouds, driving rain, and thick puddles between the ventilation shafts and cooling towers that dot the rooftop around the square of asphalt, lines, and lights that is the helipad. A large helicopter crouches on the helipad, its side door having been slid open, and Daniel Carter, Natasha Chaikovskaya, and Milly LeCrique can be glimpsed inside the well-lit compartment. An unknown woman sits in the cockpit gazing out at those coming out of the elevator.

A second unknown figure. A rather handsome man in a cheap suit steps out in front of the elevator with a gun in his hand. His gaze flicks down to the unconscious woman and then up to the occupants. He gestures with his hand toward the elevator. "Can you take care of this woman?" he asks Klaus.

Klaus nods.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's Abbo Durer, our cameraman, with the boom operator," says Daniel to Sinclair. He waves at the men who just got off of the elevator and motions for them to come to the helicopter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Berlin Chapter”