Cameraman: Charles Hubert

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Cameraman: Charles Hubert

Post by Laraqua »

He plays back the footage recorded by the hand-held camera. It starts with...

...he blinks twice as it finishes. He feels a little nauseas, like something in his breakfast wasn't agreeing with him. He also feel a little light-headed and dizzy. He noticed the hairs on the back of his arms were standing up and his skin was covered with goose pimples. Maybe he was coming down with something. Then he realises that he can't remember anything he saw on the footage. It's not as though the time disappeared, he remembers watching something, and he knows it took a while. He simply has no recollection as to the imagery or sounds he had experienced while viewing it.

The clock on the wall says it's 7:52.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Reclaimer »

He puts the DVD in a sandwich bag familiarizes himself with the camera for a bit. After that he decides he needs to get on the road, thinking all this time in his room isn't healthy. He goes to the parking lot outside and gets in his beat up gray little car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The parking lot across the road is one of those empty lot turned parking lot places. He gets into the car after unlocking the gate, drives through the gate, locks it again, and then drives off. As he approaches the borough, Mitte, he can glimpse the Fernsehturm television tower is visible even from this range, unsurprising considering it's the fourth tallest freestanding structure in Europe. He turns left on the highway and enters the suburb of Alexanderplatz, within Mitte, near which the Ophidian Building stands, overlooking the large urban square. The whole area is undergoing massive redevelopment and cranes stand tall against the horizon.
Passing the Ophidian building at 8:31, he looks for a place to park and finds a Public Car Park building down a nearby side street. After finding a park inside, he pulls over and takes out the newspaper article he had remembered to bring with him (as the address is written upon it).

Prop 2 Accessed.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He goes to park his car in the park. As he walks to the building, he tries to relax. "You're just to stressed," He thinks to himself, "You're gonna nail the interview, then, you're back in the big leagues!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He crossed the road with ease at the lights and went through the sliding doors. The foyer was brightly lit with large windows and a ceiling two floors high. There are fountains and raised garden beds among the tiled gray floors of the wide open foyer. The light blue desk bearing Ophidian's logo was staffed with two receptionists. An elevator bank stands ready to take him to the floors above. Entering this place, this very mundane place, puts his prior experience in stark relief but he shakes it off with ease and continues on.

8:34.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He goes up to one of the receptionists and asks, "Hello, Mr.Carter told me to come today for an interview. Can you tell me where I may find him?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The receptionist gives him an airy smile. "Yes. He is on the 14th floor. Just right across from the 5th elevator in the bank, down a short corridor, is his reception room."

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He follows her directions, trying to keep his cool.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The elevator doors take their time in opening. A few other people get on, pressing buttons other than that for the 14th floor. It's only while standing there that he realizes he is still carrying that camera he had meant to leave in the car.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

"I think you and me are gonna get along swell," he thinks, looking at his camera. He realizes he's obviously not completely okay from earlier, but he hopes he can hold his composure long enough.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The elevator doors open and he can see down a corridor directly the reception room and on the far wall of that, a window with red curtains besides a heavy steel door. As he approaches, he finds the reception room itself has a very inviting, modern red-topped desk with a light blue base, that is the very peak or organization: an expensive computer, a printer, a rollodex, a telephone and a small stack of books. The sleek black seat behind the desk is swiveling slightly as though it had been recently bothered. The row of chairs on the wall facing the desk are comfortable, deep blue and of ergonomic design. The walls are a light blue. The thick carpet is a blue-and-black diamond pattern. There are some comforting oceanic paintings on the walls.

There is no one at the reception desk.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

When he sees the chair moving, he can feel the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Trying to stay calm, he looks for a doorbell or the equivalent somewhere.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A quick look around the room and he not only finds nothing but is sure there is nothing to find within easy view. The desk might be a better place to search though he could tell there was nothing on the desk top that might do it. There is an intercom and a telephone on the table, however. His film camera makes a brief whirring sound.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He takes a look at his camera, looking through it to make sure the lens didn't mess up.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Through the lens of the camera, the room appears somewhat different. There is a bloody hand print staining the intercom and blood on the floor by his feet. Not a large amount but enough to make a difference to whomever bled there. There were also thick drips and drops of blood leading out towards the elevator. All of the blood appears to be very old stains - which is odd, because blood shouldn't stain plastic - which the intercom is made from. The paintings contain phrases like: Work, Eat, Sleep! and Effort Defines Reward and Fear Not the Deadline, Live By It and Strive For Meaning. The video camera also reveals speakers implanted in the corners that burble sounds that make him feel edgy, nervous, as though he should be doing something, striving towards something.

SAN loss: 0/1.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

Sanity roll made.

Charles doesn't like what he is seeing, but he continues to look through the camera, walking behind the desk.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He seesnothing new.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He finds himself angry at the paintings and the odd noise. "What kind of twisted psycho has this stuff," He thinks to himself, "Maybe I'll find out later." With that he pushes the intercom button, keeping his camera up as it seems to show him new things, and says, "Hello, anybody here?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Moving the camera from his face, he is no longer aware of the odd sounds and a glance about reveals there are no speakers mounted to the walls. Things look and sound so different when peering through that camera.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The intercom buzzes back. "Hello, Daniel Carter speaking. Who is this?"

Return to “Berlin Chapter”