Cameraman: Charles Hubert

For those who entered the city once broken in twain; When it turned its uncanny eye upon them; its breath did to them what their souls had done to it.

Moderator: Laraqua

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Cameraman: Charles Hubert

Post by Reclaimer »

"This is Charles Hubert, I'm here for an interview."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, you're early," says Daniel. "We might as well get started now, then. I'll buzz you in." There is a buzzing sound, and the inner office door is unlocked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Enter Daniel Carter's thread for now. We'll reopen this one after the interview.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He walks back to his car, looking through his camera to see if other rooms he goes through look like the reception room he looked in earlier.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The blood stain on the reception room becomes a series of splatter marks into the elevator that appear to have dropped from some height, at least a few feet up. It pools on the elevator floor in two small pools with splatter marks on the floor approaching the elevator buttons, as though the motion of reaching had scattered the blood, and the dried blood on the outsides of the button for the 14th floor that has been largely wiped away over time. Judging by the blood stains, it seems whoever was bleeding came out of the elevator and then collapsed by the desk in Carter's reception room. It was all theory as Hubert had no training but he was pretty sure he had it right.

The rest of the building seems to be largely normal, other than the frequent hidden messages in posters and the odd sounds coming from speakers that are only in existence when he views them through his camera. People look at him oddly as he walks out viewing things through his video camera. The glass doors open wide as he exits.

It's still early and the streets are thronging with vehicles. He might pick up some more strange things if he keeps wandering about. Otherwise, there's always his hotel room.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He thinks that he'd rather not stay in that apartment all day. He decides that he'll have a drive around, and begins making his way to the car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Peering through the video camera, he sees nothing much of interest as he makes his way to his car. Getting inside and paying the little money required to get his car out of the parking lot, he goes to head out into the city. There's posters on the interior walls crying out about theatre plays, new movies, and a new exhibit at the Pergammon Museum on Museum Island. Other than that, there's a number of cafes, shopping malls and the like to keep him occupied.

OOC: There are no wrong answers here. Wherever you go, fun things will happen.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He decides that he could get something to eat, and heads for the nearest diner.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Finding parking would be atrocious this far into Mitte, and there's a diner just two streets away that he had drove past on the way here. The diner had seemed to be pretty crowded but that was also a good sign, suggesting that they cooked good food, and he thought he remembered hearing a recommendation attached to the name ... or a similar one. He could walk there or take his car out for a trip to a diner somewhere else.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He would rather find a less populated place so that he could relax a bit easier.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He knows a place that is a bit further out but it would do in the meantime. He gives the order to the taxi and sits back, peering out at the scenery that passes him by. The camera itself appears to still have a Full Battery and plenty of space left on the small videotape.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He looks around the Taxi with the camera.

OOC:I thought I was driving? If so, Hubert just drives to the restaurant
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Sorry, everyone else has been using taxis with abandonment.
He drives his way to another parking lot. Swollen clouds blow in from the East, filling the sky within minutes. A sudden torrent of rain spills down from heavy clouds. He puts on the windscreen wipers and continues. The car radio starts up, playing the song 'Sway', at a loud volume. Rain slants down with such thickness he has to lean over the steering wheel to see the world around him as he heads to the cafe. He can see the parking lot, just barely, to the right of him. It just requires crossing two lanes of traffic in this heavy rain. Or he could seek out another one further down the road.

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

He decides to try and cross the street to the parking lot.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He waits at the median strip briefly, listening to both the song and the comforting hum of the windshield wipers as they brush the rain off the window. A man with a brightly coloured umbrella crosses the mouth of the parking lot and you watch as his expensive-looking leather shoes splash through the water that pools in the slight depression in the concrete. Once the man is out of the way, and you calculate that you've got a good 15 seconds before the next car would reach where you are, you make your turn. A flash of lights and squeeling tyres alerts you to a dark red van rushing out of the car park at full speed just behind the man. You catch a glimpse of the driver's reflective sunglasses as the van screeches towards you.

Make a Drive roll to get out of the way in time.

Return to “Berlin Chapter”