Page 1 of 1

Alexander Lozynsky and Nicolai Lebedev

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:19 am
by Laraqua
Alexander finds himself inside an L-shaped room that has an IKEA table and three chairs.

Re: Alexander Lozynsky and Nicolai Lebedev

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:35 pm
by kabukiman
Is the door still opened? Is anyone armed?

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:36 am
by Laraqua
The door is shut behind an unarmed man - I'll let SuAside describe his character.

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:21 am
by Laraqua

He had an ugly, dry skin rash that can be glimpsed beneath his sleeves. He is also not wearing the laboratory coat in the picture nor is there a monkey beside him at this time.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:32 pm
by kabukiman
-Let me guess, you come to meet to take some pictures with some young girls, and instead, your stucked with me, da?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:02 pm
by SuAside
"Nicolai, for a geneticist you do very little research... This leaves you at a disadvantage." Alexander says as he briefly shakes his head "I am Alexander Lozynsky."

He then hesistates and extends his hand, in the hope that Nicolai does the same. Regardless of his rather bold and brusk introduction, he comes across as rather unsure.

OCC: sorry for skipping a post, it slipped between the cracks. Mea maxima culpa...

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:00 pm
by kabukiman
-I see! Pleasure to meet you!I'm just sorry for the circunstances. Well, at least I will have inteligent company.
Nicolai makes a sign to the place where is the speaker.

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:07 pm
by SuAside
Alexander turns and looks in the direction that Nicolai pointed.

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:47 am
by Laraqua
When he goes around the corner of the L-shaped room, he finds nothing but a single bed mattress, blanket and pillow flopped in the corner - a speaker sits in the upper corner of the room.

"Let's tell a story," says Kasiliev over the speaker.

A slightly scratchy, seeming pre-recorded, woman's voice comes in over the speaker. "Well, it's a story... The lady, that reporter, she said it was, well, some kind of meme. Contagious concept. If you hear the story, well, if you hear it, you get drawn there, into the room, again and again. The story is, well, the story just talks about one person or another, a friend of a friend, you understand, who hears a story, just like you're hearing now. Nothing seems wrong, nothing changes, until twenty four hours later, when they go into 'the Room'. It only lasts ten minutes. Just ten minutes. But then, twenty three hours later, it happens again. Then twenty two hours ... then twenty one ... until its the last hour and you go in and ... well, who knows? They just don't come back. That's just how the story ends. And the worse thing is, while you're in there for ten minutes, not a second seems to pass in the real world."

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:07 am
by kabukiman
-Oh God, we were kidnapp by a madman. And I was hopping it was only the mafias who wanted money or some rival company.

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:58 pm
by SuAside
Alexander looks around. He seems rather unsure of himself. What the hell is he doing here? What does this have to do with anything?

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:24 am
by kabukiman
-I see you don't understand our situation. We have been kidnaped. For about one week or two, for what our kind host told me.

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:00 pm
by SuAside
"Wha-? How? Why?" Alexander mutters clearly having lost his footing in the current situation.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:56 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know. I thought it was to get money or to sabotage the expedition, but after what Kasiliev said, I think he is probably just insane.

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:53 pm
by SuAside
Alexander turns around and tries to walk out.

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:58 am
by Laraqua
The heavy door is firmly locked.

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:10 am
by kabukiman
-You don't know by chance how to open locks, do you?

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 am
by SuAside
"Not exactly one of my skill sets, no." Alexander replies as he looks around for windows which might offer a way out.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:17 am
by kabukiman
-Great! In that case, we have lot's of time to discuss science. This place was well prepared to our coming.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:35 am
by Laraqua
This room is windowless.

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:46 pm
by SuAside
OCC: can you discribe what Alex sees exactly?

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:26 pm
by Laraqua
An L-shaped room with a couch against the windowless back wall, opposite the door, and a table and chairs up against the wall also in sight of the door. Around the corner is a single bed mattress, blanket and pillow flopped in the corner - a speaker sits in the upper corner of the room. There's no window to show him a view of Berlin, at least, not that he can see. The door is quite solid-looking.

OOC: Probably best if you two describe each other's character appearances, as well, particularly as I don't believe Lebedev as seen Lozynsky before - though he would recognize the name as a fellow expedition member.

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:17 pm
by kabukiman
Lebedev is a well looking man, with an aparent good mood.

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 pm
by SuAside
Alexander is a very uninteresting looking kind of guy. Wearing jeans, a shirt and a tie, he's looking totally bland and average. His expensive North Face jacket however reveals he's not bad off for a russian.

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:36 pm
by Laraqua
The room seems well-kept and thought out. There seems to be a good chance of being here in the long haul. A number of possible ideas for escape float across their minds but there is also another option ... though not a terribly good one. The wait and see method.

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:22 am
by kabukiman
-Well, we don't have much privacy here. They keep the lights on at night, and I think they are watching our moves.

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:16 pm
by SuAside
"Da." Alexander responds in russian as he inspects the door.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:15 am
by Laraqua
The door appears very solid and the hinges are on the other side. The lock appears to be good quality, too, though Alexander is no expert. It would probably be easier to go through the wall than the door, though a quick knock against the wall reveals the room walls are brick. Maybe not.

OOC: What language are you speaking in? Russian? English? Or Latin? Kasiliev had the tale told in Russian.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:29 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Better in latin to get some privacy.

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:20 am
by Laraqua
"You might as well sleep now," says Kasiliev over the speakers. "It'll be a long night otherwise."

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:00 pm
by kabukiman
-Of course.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:47 am
by Laraqua
There's an odd sound over the speakers, as though someone were brushing their teeth, than spitting. "Sure."

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:17 pm
by kabukiman
-Quemadmodum uenis in locum?

OOC: Translation-How did you came here?

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:52 pm
by SuAside
"Driver. Supposedly for a media event surrounding the expedition." Alexander replies, not bothering to use Latin for information the captors obviously already had.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 pm
by kabukiman
-Ok. What did you talk about? Any information he seemed to look interested?

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:47 pm
by SuAside
"Dmitri Kasiliev, supposedly sent by Ophidian, said he lived in the West for 15 years or so, but came from the Motherland. Asked personal questions, thoughts about the expedition,... Useless small talk. He did not get much out of me." Alexander shrugs.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 am
by kabukiman
-Just like me. He probably wasn't suppose to get any information, but just atract us to this place. At first I thought they worked for the mafia to get money, but now I doubt it.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:54 am
by Laraqua
"Why don't you two just get some sleep?" suggests Kasiliev over the speakers as he finishes gargling. "The fun will happen in around 36 hours. Might as well sleep until then."

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 am
by kabukiman
-You just awake me, and give a companion that I have more afinities even if I just met him.

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 am
by Laraqua
"Still, you might as well get some sleep."

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 pm
by kabukiman
Lebedev try to sleep.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:50 am
by Laraqua
Lebedev lays down upon the mattress, drawing the thin blanket up over his chin, and tries to get some sleep. It is difficult, being in a room with a stranger, watched by his kidnappers, but after a couple of hours, he manages to settle in and fall asleep.

He dreams of a world where time has stopped still, and everyone is standing frozen, ignoring him, as he runs between the figures, yanking on sleeves and screaming in their faces for help. Something chases him ... something he never sees ... than a moment later there's a sensation at the small of his back ... and his dream interpretation is that it has ripped its spine.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:10 am
by kabukiman
Nicolai awakes in panic and try to confirm that his body is intact.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 pm
by SuAside
As Nicolai looks around, he sees Alexander sleeping firmly.

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:57 am
by Laraqua
The night wears on. Alexander startles awake a few times, scared by dreams of people whose faces he no longer remembers once he's woken up.

"Breakfast time,"
says Kasiliev over the speakers. "We have to keep your energy up, don't we? Please remain where you are. Your jailors are heavily armed."

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:14 am
by kabukiman
-What a pitty, just now that I wanted to show my skill as spetnaz...

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:35 pm
by SuAside
"Heavily armed? One wonders what they're expecting from two doctors..." Alexander remarks "That we crush their larynx and pluck out their eyes with expert surgical precision and lightning reflexes?"

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:59 pm
by Laraqua
"I'll count down from 10. Please remain where you are."

"10..."

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:03 pm
by SuAside
Alexander scoffs.

"It's the final countdown... Dum dum, durdumdumdum." he murmurs with a deep and comical russian accent.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:01 am
by Laraqua
The man continues to count down slowly.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:51 pm
by kabukiman
-Oh my God! What will they bring? Fast food? Food from another plane? Anything but that! I will confess!- says Nicolai with sarcasm

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:19 pm
by SuAside
"Well, I'm sure they understand the needs of us Russians... They'll surely serve use plentiful amounts of kaviar and vodka." Alexander smirks as he pats his fellow prisoner on the back.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:09 am
by Laraqua
The door can be heard opening on the other side of the L-Shaped room.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 am
by kabukiman
-So who will be our janitor? Some hot blonde ucranian? Or an exotic kirguize?

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:32 pm
by SuAside
"Well, don't just stand there, Igor, come in. We won't bite, I promise." Alexander exclaims as he tips his head in an attempt to see who's at the door.

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:54 am
by Laraqua
A man in a dark blue ski mask, wearing a blue puffy parka and denim jeans, walks in carrying a plastic jug of juice and a small pile of foam cups. Another man, dressed similarly, enters carrying two foam plates of omelette with a little tomato sauce satchet perched on the foam plate. A third man, carries a large, wicked-looking rifle of some description.

OOC: If you think your scientist might recognize the gun due to past experience, PM me and I'll make a roll for you.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 am
by kabukiman
-No pretty girls? Or Vodka? I must complain to the manager of this facility!

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:55 am
by Laraqua
"Alcohol will ruin the experiment," says Kasiliev lazily over the speakers.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:22 am
by kabukiman
-Experiment? What? One of those behaviourest experiment to see how we react in stressful conditions? My dear Alexander, I think we are subjected to something much worst than the russia mafia or some psycho cultist: an amateur scientist who wasn't recognized in academic circles!

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:51 pm
by SuAside
"He did say we needed our strength, so dare I suggest a breeding experiment with two lauded russian medical scientists and a few dozen supermodels?" Alexander asks sheepishly.

"That said, putting ruskies without alcohol will ruin your experiment as well. We'll show withdrawal symptoms rather soon)ish..."

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:44 pm
by kabukiman
-Yes, after all, genetic is our field, and we will do everything in the name of science.

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:48 am
by Laraqua
Kasiliev chuckles. "I suppose you have several hours before your second stage and you have behaved rather admirably. Alpha2, please leave them your hip flask. Gin, I'm afraid, not vodka, but after Stage 2.1. we can proceed with actual vodka so long as you describe your ... experience that should occur either today in the P.M. or tomorrow in the A.M.."

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:44 pm
by SuAside
Alexander looks a bit phased as he quickly makes eye contact with Nicolai, but quickly regains his composure.

"Gin? Do we look like hobos?" Alexander asks "Who the hell lets a guard to carry a gin flask if he knows about it anyway? What kinda cheapass outfit is this?"

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:08 am
by kabukiman
Nicolai nodded in agreement: something serious would happened.
-He is insulting our manhood! I refuse to drink something that was made for old ladies!

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:43 am
by Laraqua
Kasiliev chuckles. "All right, all right. I suppose I can sacrifice my own bottle... You two owe me for this, however. In the meantime, eat. I'll have the bottle brought in and left by the door in a couple minutes."

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:20 pm
by SuAside
"Score!" Alexander exclaims and then turns to his food.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:00 am
by kabukiman
-Of course we own you. After all you have done to us in this luxurious hotel, we are still ungratful, always whining.
Lebedev starts eating also and makes a toaste.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 am
by Laraqua
The food is actually quite nice. They've mixed in quite a bit of parmesan with the eggs. The juice tastes very fresh. There is no grogginess following the meal, either, which is always good.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:29 pm
by kabukiman
-Is it actually good! If it wasn't for the lousy view of the window, I think I could like this.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:44 pm
by SuAside
"Yes, please convey our congratulations to the chef." Alexander says while looking at the speaker.

"I wonder how much psychotropic drugs were in this thing though." he adds as he pokes his meal a little, before eating it whole.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 pm
by Laraqua
Surprisingly, the world isn't singing and the food doesn't taste like sound after they've eaten the meal. Afterwards, Alexander realizes that he needs to urinate. Lozynsky simply finds himself without much to do to pass the time in the cell.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:50 pm
by kabukiman
Lebedev returns to the papers of his students.
-So Alexander, do you want to laught a bit? Help me to see the homeworks of my students. With lucky, you may find that they have copy one of your articles...

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:35 pm
by SuAside
"My work, you students? Highly unlikely, my friend." Alexander shrugs.

"Dear jailor, it appears that I need a trip to the little boy's room." he says at the speaker "Can we arrange something so I don't have to pee in a foam cup I just drank from? Thanks."

OCC: i'm assuming there's no plumbing in his current 'cell'?

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:21 am
by Laraqua
OOC: There is none.

"I'm afraid that the arrangement is somewhat like that. I'll have them bring in the contraption with your alcohol. Just wait a few minutes..."

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:04 pm
by SuAside
"A contraption? Is that what they call pissbuckets these days? I do hope that at least it has a lid... Don't want to stink up the place." Alexander sighs.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:05 am
by Laraqua
A minute later, the door opens a crack and a plastic chamber pot is placed inside the room.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:38 pm
by SuAside
"Ah, all the comforts of home... Sorry Nicolai." Alexander says and takes a pee in the pot in the corner (not out of shyness, they're both doctors after all, but simply out of politeness)

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 pm
by kabukiman
-This germans hotels are a disapointement. The facilities are terrible. I have been in better places in Albania

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:18 am
by Laraqua
"I will be sure to pass on your complaints," says Kasiliev, drily.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:24 am
by kabukiman
-And when will start that phase 2? Fase 1 would be pretty boring, if it wasn't for my companion of course- he nods to Alexandre.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:34 am
by Laraqua
"I can't explain, that would throw off the experiment. You understand," says Kasiliev.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:28 pm
by SuAside
"We most certainly don't." Alexander says as he zips up "But I doubt that matters."

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:24 pm
by kabukiman
-So, no tv, journals or anything? What are suppose to do? Kill us of boredom? Getting crazy?

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:25 pm
by Laraqua
"What would you like to read?" asks Kasiliev.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:52 am
by kabukiman
-Well, since I don't read german, I think that a russian or english newspaper would be good.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 pm
by SuAside
"A few 'For Dummies' manuals would be nice." Alexander interjects "Like 'How to lockpick a door', 'How to overpower jail guards', 'How not to fall for the Stockholm syndrome' and 'How to abduction in ten easy steps'."

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:56 am
by Laraqua
Kasiliev simply chuckles over the speakers.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:56 am
by kabukiman
-So bring amy newspaper. And a tetris game.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:52 pm
by Laraqua
There is a sigh over the intercom. "I will see what I can manage."

Half an hour passes and a Nintendo DS complete with tetris game amongst many others, three Russian newspapers, and a For Dummies Guide to Persuasive Argument and a For Dummies Guide to Public Speaking.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:43 pm
by SuAside
"You should have asked for headphones too. I'm sure you'll drive me crazy with that noise!" Alexander jokes as he turns to the Persuasive Argument book.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:58 pm
by kabukiman
-Hum, let me see first the news.
After several minutes:
-Nobody of important was murdered or arrested, no public scandals, no soduku, this is boring, I think I will play tetris.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 am
by Laraqua
A few hours of boredom pass for the two men as they read the book, play tetris, perhaps even swap what they were using in a bid to liven up the already dull evening. The urine bucket is taken out and emptied. Time ticks onward. They start feeling hungry again. A meal is brought in: a chicken vindaloo, steamed rice, glass of orange juice and vodka.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:56 am
by kabukiman
Lebedev gather one of the bones.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm
by SuAside
Alexander works down all the food and finishes with the vodka.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 am
by Laraqua
"For being so good, here's a present," says Kasiliev over the intercom. Two guards enter, one with his gun trained on the two scientists, the other gathering up the plates and putting down a bottle of vodka and a pitcher of orange juice.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
by SuAside
"What's that orange juice good for?" Alexander asks innocently.

He proceeds to taste a nice glass of vodka, hoping it to be good russian vodka and not some Smirnoff knockoff western commercial shit.

"How long till your next "stage" or "phase", herr Captor?" Alexander then asks.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:22 am
by kabukiman
-Ey, I know you probably can't answer this, but satisfy my vanity: Is the police already searching for us? Did we appear in the news?
Nicolai drinks a bit of vodka.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:58 am
by Laraqua
"I can't tell you about the timing of the phases as they are a part of the experiment. As to police action, yes, they are investigating. They seem to be keeping it out of the news, however," says Kasiliev.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:14 pm
by kabukiman
-Pity. By the way, could you bring us some girls? We are men and we have needs as you may understand.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 am
by SuAside
"Be careful what you wish for... He might provide you with a walrus named Helga." Alexander remarks.

"I hope you don't intend to get THAT drunk."

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:40 am
by Laraqua
Several more hours pass. There's no telling just how many are passing you both by.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:29 pm
by kabukiman
-This is booooring! Ey, can we get some tv? With cable? I don't understand a word of german.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:12 am
by Laraqua
"German is a harsh language," says Kasiliev.

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am
by kabukiman
-So? Tv?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:22 pm
by Laraqua
"No, that would harm our careful controls in this experiment," says Kasiliev.

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:03 pm
by kabukiman
-At least some movies from dvds? As long it's not romantic stories. And you could get some girls, I'm sure there are lot's of illegal prostitutes who don't know english or russian, so they wouldn't denounce you. We promise to behave like good boys.

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:25 pm
by SuAside
"I wouldn't really turn down an orgy of course, but I don't see how that would get us anywhere." Alexander remarks as he plows through his book.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:20 am
by kabukiman
-This must be some scamm to get money from the foundation. Or else, we wouldn't be so well treated. As soon as they get what they want they will free us. Or if not, a bullet in the head.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm
by SuAside
Alexander shrugs, but is clearly not convinced by Nicolai's explanation.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:24 am
by Laraqua
Background Music.
For a moment, the two men feel they are fainting away, or perhaps that the world is fading away, and they are standing facing a white door in a room with pink wall paper. There is a scent to the air. It had that smell that rooms often got after being vacuumed with just a hint of exotic perfume in the air. There is a red-flowered-runner across the middle of the wall. The door knob is brightly polished brass.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:17 am
by kabukiman
-Did they put some drug in our food? Or in the air?

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 pm
by SuAside
Alexander sneezes at the perfume.

"Whatever, just go with it." he says & gestures to try the door..

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:20 am
by kabukiman
Nicolai try to open the door.
-Are we in my dream, or in yours?

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 pm
by SuAside
"Oh, you want to get philosophical?" Alexander asks.

"Strictly speaking, you as you exist now, exist only in my mind." he says "And unless you're a figment of my imagination, I'm also only present in your mind alone as the perception that you have of me."

"As such, the perception that we have of each other, will die with us. If I die, the world dies with me, for the world that I know only exists in my mind." he explains "Does that answer your question?"

"I guess not... Let's not dwell on it, shall we?"

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:14 am
by Laraqua
The door doesn't open. The knob doesn't even turn. It seems as though the door were sealed into the wall.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:27 am
by kabukiman
-It's better that we stay with the conclusions of Descartes: Cogito ergo sum. Of course, if we wanted to be more precise, Dubito ergo sum: the simple act of doubt is a proof of existence. And this door really exist, because if it was only a dream, we would be able to open it; nothing is impossible in the world of dreams. But in the real material world you have rules that command the world. Discovering those rules is our mission. And in this moment, we as stuck as when we arrived.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:01 pm
by SuAside
Alexander inspects the door and his surroundings.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:16 am
by Laraqua
Background music.
The pink wallpaper is merely striped. It looks like the kind of thing you would see in a young girl's bedroom. Turning, they see the creamy ceiling, the creamy curtains hanging shut in front of what they presume is a window. There is a four-poster bed, draped in pink-and-cream sashes. The pillows have gold tassels at the corners. The blanket is a bright red, tucked beneath the mattress. There is a ginger tabby kitten sitting curled up in the middle of the pillows.

Opposing the bed is a white desk with a high-backed chair pulled in front of it, and an open coloring book with an image of a tree on one page and a ginger cat with large red eyes on the other. Crayons and pencils sit next to it. The brand names seem to have been scraped off of them. The pencil peelings, and a cigarette butt, sit in an otherwise empty wire wastepaper bin beside the desk. There are no drawers on the desk.

There is a white wardrobe. A white dressing table with only a tube of lipstick and a blush compact sitting before the mirror that reflects the room somewhat blurrily.

The floor is covered in a plush, red carpet.

The overhead light had a gold-edged, creamy-colored shade.

There is a seat beside the bed with a glass of what appears to be water sitting on top of it. There is another cigarette sitting beside this.

There is also a coat rack containing a long, red coat.

And standing before the bed is a tripod, much as one might mount a camera upon, though there is no camera in sight.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:25 am
by kabukiman
Nicolai get's the tripod and try to hide it.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:47 pm
by Laraqua
The tripod easily lifts in his hand. In fact, it seems somewhat light-weight without a camera sitting on it. Where was he to hide it, however?

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 pm
by kabukiman
Can he try to dismount it?

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:05 am
by Laraqua
Nikolai begins to dismantle the tripod easily.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:33 am
by kabukiman
And then Nicolai hide it under one of the beds.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:36 pm
by SuAside
Alexander watches his companion's actions with the tripod, frowns and then shrugs as he walks to see if the red coat has any pockets hiding any goodies.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:52 am
by Laraqua
Background music.
Within the coat - which seems to be very small - perhaps belonging to a child of around eight years? There is a piece of red tinsel, a piece of gum in its individual red wrapper and a playing card. An ace of diamonds. Beneath the bed is a scrunched up piece of paper. A pair of wire frame glasses too big for even Lebedev's head. A red mobile phone.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:58 am
by kabukiman
-Use the phone! Quickly!

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:58 pm
by SuAside
OCC - it's Lebedev that finds the phone, not Alexander, i think

IC - Alexander pockets the Ace and goes on to examine the rest of the room.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:04 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I think it was Alexander since Nicolai was busy with the tripod. But no matter.
Nicolai starts immediatly to phone..

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:17 pm
by SuAside
OCC: Nicolai was hiding the tripod below the bed, where he found the cellphone.

IC: Alexander examines the cigarettes, trying to find details as to who smoked them. Lipstick on one and none on the other would mean two different persons for instance.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:38 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: I re-read it and you were right.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:35 am
by Laraqua
There is no reception in here. The call can't be made.

There seems to be two brands of cigarettes but there is no sign of any lipstick on any of them. They are smoked quite firmly to the butt, however.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm
by kabukiman
-Ok, now what? We are in a different place? Is this the experience?

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:05 pm
by SuAside
"Whatever it is, it appears we can rule out mindaltering drugs to a certain extent." Alexander answers "Afterall, we seem to be seeing the same things. Though why did you hide the tripod? What's up with that?"

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:37 am
by kabukiman
-If this tripod is for reall, maybe we can use it against our hosters...

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:12 pm
by SuAside
"Well, better think it through before acting." Alexander answers coldly "Guns have a rather simple point & click interface, while tripods come with manuals on how to adjust them..."

Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:56 am
by kabukiman
-I'm not telling to use it as soon the door is open, but only if we find an oportunity. I'm not interested to be know in science as a promising scientist who unfortunely had his life wasted by some madman...

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:10 am
by Laraqua
As a reminder of what's here:
Background music.
The pink wallpaper is merely striped. It looks like the kind of thing you would see in a young girl's bedroom. Turning, they see the creamy ceiling, the creamy curtains hanging shut in front of what they presume is a window. There is a four-poster bed, draped in pink-and-cream sashes. The pillows have gold tassels at the corners. The blanket is a bright red, tucked beneath the mattress. There is a ginger tabby kitten sitting curled up in the middle of the pillows.

Opposing the bed is a white desk with a high-backed chair pulled in front of it, and an open coloring book with an image of a tree on one page and a ginger cat with large red eyes on the other. Crayons and pencils sit next to it. The brand names seem to have been scraped off of them. The pencil peelings, and a cigarette butt, sit in an otherwise empty wire wastepaper bin beside the desk. There are no drawers on the desk.

There is a white wardrobe. A white dressing table with only a tube of lipstick and a blush compact sitting before the mirror that reflects the room somewhat blurrily.

The floor is covered in a plush, red carpet.

The overhead light had a gold-edged, creamy-colored shade.

There is a seat beside the bed with a glass of what appears to be water sitting on top of it. There is another cigarette sitting beside this.

There is also a coat rack containing a long, red coat.

The tripod is now under the bed.

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:57 am
by SuAside
Alexander moves to take a peak behind the creamy curtains.

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:01 am
by Laraqua
The curtains don't seem to budge. They seem to be solid and heavy, as though made of metal, though they feel like fabric. He can't seem to peek behind them, they seem to somehow mould with the wall.

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:54 pm
by kabukiman
Lebedev looks for anything useful in the coat.

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:14 pm
by Laraqua
There is lint, a wad of used gum, and a handkerchief dotted with blood in the pocket.

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm
by kabukiman
-No thanks, I will let those thing in it's place.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:08 am
by Laraqua
The darkness presses in upon your eyelids once more and when you can see clearly you find yourselves just as you were before, in that L-shaped room that has become your cell.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:40 am
by kabukiman
-What the hell was that? Some experimental drug of low time duration they put in our food?

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:10 pm
by Laraqua
Other than a slight sense of vertigo and the scent of ozone, the room seems unchanged and his own body seems to show no other side effects. No sluggishness, no visual auras, no tingling fingertips. Nothing else is all that amiss.

The intercom crackles. "Hmm, well, you two seem like you've just seen a ghost, judging by the pallor and the glances around," said Kasiliev. "So I guess the experience worked. Please, do tell me of your experiences in that room. And don't even think about leaving anything out. If I even think you're withholding information, I'll have to hold you here even longer."

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:26 am
by kabukiman
-There is nothing to tell. You just put somethings in our room without us realizing it and then you take it. So don't play with us.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:03 pm
by SuAside
After brief introspection, with a smile Alexander looks into his pocket to see if he can find the Ace he collected.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 pm
by Laraqua
The Ace card is still there. The room itself is quite different from the other room. This room is windowless (the other had stiff curtains), this room is L-shaped, the other had an ordinary rectangular shape. The other smelt like cheap cigar smoke and sugary perfume. This room smells of stale, musty air, and urine. Yet the change over seemed almost seamless. You have no sensation of having been moved, other than the mild vertigo. As the whole thing dawns on you, you start wondering about the reality of this whole situation (roll 0/1d4 SAN loss).

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:47 pm
by kabukiman
Nicolai finds a normal explanation and keep his mind cool: the vodka was probably full of some toxine.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:39 pm
by SuAside
"I know all we're doing is travelling without moving,
Hey hey.
I know all we're doing is travelling without moving,
Can't stop, no.
I know all we're doing is travelling without moving,
Yeah yeah...
I know all we're doing is travelling."
Alexander sings with a smile on his face while doing an ackward but "Jay Kay"-worthy shuffle. It seems his introvertedness had faded in these extreme conditions.

"All kidding aside, it seems we did travel without moving, and were able to bring back some sort of proof. I'm not sure how you fixed this up, but this is pretty interesting." he said to the camera "But I still don't understand why the hell you need us as lab rats."

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:10 am
by Laraqua
"You two are in an extraordinary position. Most others will disappear into that room. With each visit, you will have one less hour before the next one, until you run out of hours. However, the only cure from what I can find is to help make the expedition happen. That should help increase your longevity. I needed guinea pigs and this was the most humane option." He sounds almost, but not quite, apologetic.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am
by kabukiman
Nicolai shows suddenly interest:
-And what makes that peculiar hapening? IT cannot be the room itself. Is the place where it was build? Any machine you have here? Or the way it was build?

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 pm
by Laraqua
"That is the million dollar question. From what I can gather, it is simply hearing the story. Sort of like a memetic infection, or a memetic curse, similar to that popularised in various Japanese horror movies, such as Pulse. But you have longer to survive. And it is, to a certain extent, more insidious."

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 pm
by SuAside
"You expect us to simply go to the expedition like nothing happened?" Alexander asks.

"We would've gone anyway, what the hell is your point?" he said to the camera "Now, I'm not so sure... At the very least, you've strongly delayed the expedition, no?"

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:41 am
by kabukiman
-And why us? You said that several persons disappeared; we didn't find any traces of them, so we can presume they were in a somewhere different place. But about the survivors? What kind of persons where they? Chosen random or scientists?
Nicolai was forgeting his situation as a hostage/guinea pig and thinking as a scientist.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:39 am
by Laraqua
"Survivors? No, no, survivor implies they got out scott free. It was a little more complex than that. By going on the expedition and actively aiding it and working towards it, they managed to delay the inevitable. Buy some more time. So you see, after this series of experiments, I would strongly suggest that you go on this expedition."

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 am
by kabukiman
-Thank you for sugesting what we were already thinking to do- says Nicolai sarcastely.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:08 am
by Laraqua
There's a startled cry over the speakers. Then a thump. The speakers crackled, suggesting that something had fallen onto the 'Microphone On' button. They could just vaguely pick out a whump-whump-whump sound coming from the speakers (Listen check to pick out more).

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:33 am
by kabukiman
-Now what?

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:31 pm
by SuAside
"Suppressor, or ...?" Alexander asks.

OCC: success 1d100=35

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:29 pm
by kabukiman
Nicolai seemed to hearsomething.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:36 am
by Laraqua
Half hidden by the static, you can nonetheless pick out the sounds of something gurgling, as though trying to breath in through blood-filled lungs. Even fainter than that, is the sound of something chewing. The door to your room clicks.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 am
by SuAside
Alexander backs up a bit, but remains within lunging distance of the door.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 am
by Laraqua
The door doesn't open. A sickening slurping sound can be heard over the speakers, intermingling with the twisted chewing sounds. A telephone rings somewhere in the distance. The chewing and crunching stops.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:33 pm
by kabukiman
-You thinks this is another "experience"? Or something really weird is happening?

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:52 pm
by SuAside
"Nyet. Hope so, but doubt it..." Alexander responds.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 pm
by Laraqua
Silence reigns. Then, the door opens a crack.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:07 pm
by SuAside
Alexander silently steps forward. His heart is racing and he can hear his own heart beat in his ears...

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 pm
by kabukiman
Nicolai go one of the side walls

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:53 pm
by Laraqua
The door remains just ever so open. There are no noises from out in the hall. Nothing.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:30 pm
by kabukiman
Nicolai goes slowly to the door and look outside.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:57 am
by Laraqua
A man lies slumped on his back on the floor with bruises around his mouth, more on the left than the right. Three slack marks open his chest on the diagonal, revealing gaping flesh bubbled with blood and the pink-tinged edges of broken rib bones. There's some blood beneath him, pooling, but none on the walls. No sprays or splashes. The bladed weapon, or whatever it was, has also sliced straight through bone - those ribs are cut clean. Hell, it looks like the tattered edges of body armor can be seen opened up on either side of those wounds. His jacket has flopped back, revealing the heavy handgun in his shoulder holster. What is worse is the badge that is clipped to his belt - looks like a police badge, but it's hard to tell as it's German.

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:53 am
by SuAside
Alexander uncontrolably lets out a silent whimper at the gastly sight. Instinctively he goes for the handgun, regardless of it being able to incriminate him later. It might not have been much help to the policeman, but he wasn't going to go down without a fight if it came to that...

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:47 am
by Laraqua
His dead fingers still have enough flex in them to remove the handgun with ease but doing so is enough to send a shiver down your spine (roll to see if you get 0/1 SAN loss). The handgun's weight is quite comforting in your hands (DMG will be 1d10) and you quickly check to find that it is fully loaded. That would be comforting - you have the maximum amount of bullets available - if you weren't smart enough to realize that meant the police officer never had a chance to fire off a round. Despite the fact that he was facing his attacker at the time.

Nicolai stands in the doorway, looking down the rather suburban hallway with its little hall table with a vase of flowers (they were barely blooming roses when you came in, now they're wilted and look almost charred) in a pretty little vase. A mirror sits over the table.

There's a set of stairs down the hall to Nicolai's left that goes both up one storey and down one. There's also five doors on this floor.

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 pm
by SuAside
Alexander is greatly comforted by the feel of the cold steel and indifferent polymer (Sanity roll: 1d100=29, success).

After quickly checking the chamber and magazine, he takes a closer look at the cop's badge and the damaged bodyarmor.

OCC: was it soft body armor?

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 am
by kabukiman
-Something kill him. And he didn't defend with a weapon. This is getting better and better. Let's find our stuff first, and get out of here as quick as possible.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 am
by Laraqua
The badge is flecked with blood but the word: Kriminalpolizei can be seen engraved into the metal. Looking at the body armor, he finds that it's hard body armor but the blades seem to have passed through the metal and ceramic plates like butter. What is more worrying is that, unless the German police are very different, the general understanding is that police officers wear soft body armor for its flexibility and light-weight functionality unless they're expecting trouble. If this man is some sort of detective, that makes this doubly bizarre.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:43 pm
by SuAside
Distraught by the find that both the ceramic and trauma plates had been sliced, Alexander searches the man for papers which might reveal how he came to be here. It would be nice to find the court order that authorized this forceful entry, those documents would be dated...

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:41 am
by Laraqua
It's a gory task to examine the body but his medical mind quickly screens out all of the gore. He finds the man's driver's license 'Hanz Kauffman' and keys but no court order. Perhaps there were others originally. There would likely have been two Kriminalpolizei for a forced entry. And perhaps the local equivalent of a Spetsnaz team. There's no sign of them on this floor. Perhaps in one of the rooms, upstairs, or downstairs.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:01 am
by kabukiman
-Try not to leave too many evidences, we don't want to be accused of murdering that man. After all we are russians, and they may suspect us of being members of the russian mafia

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:30 pm
by SuAside
"Da. But at least that would mean we'd still be alive..." Alexander responds.

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:43 am
by kabukiman
-Point taken. Specially after all we saw, or better, we didn't saw.

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:00 pm
by SuAside
Alexander starts to cautiously move in the direction of the exit, or at least in the direction of what he recalls should be the exit...

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 am
by Laraqua
Alexander starts towards the stairs that head down to the ground floor. Gazing through the windows he passes, he catches glimpses of head lights flashing through the slanting rain and dark, roiling clouds. Stepping onto the landing, he notices little blood spatters that have dripped across the landing and onto a few of the steps below (roll Biology and Track). The stairs continue down to the next landing and then doubles back on itself into a hallway. There are no lights on downstairs.

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:40 am
by kabukiman
-Is this actually the same place we enter?

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:13 pm
by SuAside
"Hold on a moment." Alexander says as he halts (Bio success: 1d100=32 out of 65 & Track failure 1d100=53 from base).

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:01 am
by Laraqua
The blood drips are similar to that seen from someone with a blood nose - dropped from a great height of at least five feet above the ground. The troubling part is that they were also starting to coagulate when they hit the ground. Perhaps the blood didn't come straight from an injury but straight from a rending weapon. Alexander isn't sure if the stains indicate the figure went downstairs or upstairs.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:43 am
by SuAside
"Can't tell which way it goes... But that doesn't matter anyway, we need to get out of here and going up is not an option." Alexander says to his comrade as he continues down...

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:21 am
by Laraqua
The stairs fold back on themselves before opening up to a short hallway that ends in a door - presumably to the outside world. There are two doors, one on either side of the corridor, both of which are slightly ajar. There is also a back door tucked away behind the stairs.

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 am
by kabukiman
-Let's open this door and leave to the outside world!

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:00 pm
by SuAside
Alexander nods as he takes aim at the door, as he waits for his companion to open it. No use in picking one door over the other...

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 am
by kabukiman
Nicolai opens the door and...

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:52 am
by Laraqua
...the door swings open revealing a rainy, Berlin night. Rain slants down heavily into overflowing gutters. Lights dance and twinkle out in the Berlin night as cars zoom on by.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:25 am
by kabukiman
-Haha! Freedom! Let's get out of here! Just let me read the number of the house and the street

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 am
by Laraqua
The number 42 is imprinted on the letter box. A nearby street sign identifies this as Nachbern Street.

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:54 pm
by SuAside
Still suspicious of their easy escape, Alexander lowers the gun, holding it by his side, but does not attempt to conceal it just yet.

He throws quick glances up & down the street.

OCC: Is there a pay phone in view (or somewhere along the path Alexander recalls having taken to the house), or will we have to move a few streets down to safely halt a car & borrow a cellphone?

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:45 am
by Laraqua
The driving rain limits vision to only a few dozen feet. It's ridiculous weather and doesn't seem about to let up. Flagging a car is going to be dangerous unless it's parked at the time. There's no phone booth in sight and none that Alexander can yet recall.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm
by SuAside
"Let's run up a block, head in a street to get out of sight and find a nice house to use their telephone." Alexander suggests "What do you think?"

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 am
by kabukiman
-Seems a good idea. Any place far from here will be good.

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:18 am
by Laraqua
The moment they step out from the shelter of the house they are instantly drenched in the torrential rain. Stepping down off the front porch, they find their shoes dip into a full inch of muddy water in the front yard. A number of well-drenched paving stones lead out to the footpath which, thankfully enough, is a little higher and dryer, having lost much of its run-off onto the asphalt-laden roads. The puddles across the footpath are still almost a half-inch deep.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm
by kabukiman
-Better wet and alive, than dry and God knews what-says Nicolai in a stoic fashion.

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:21 am
by SuAside
OCC: Seems awefully like a setup... but...

IC:
Alexander cautiously makes his way over the paving stones and onto the footpath.

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 am
by Laraqua
The rain continues to pour down at a mournful pace. Dripping posters splayed across streetlights pleaded for lost dogs, celebrated 18th birthday parties, and invited people along to some sort of club: Weeping Mothers? Weeping Widows? Even the ink has run due to the slashing rain. As the two make their way down the footpath, movement catches their eye from the direction of the house they had just left. Something moves. Something sharp and with multi-jointed limbs. Or perhaps that was just their imagination. Towards the corner sits a phone booth, all broken glass and bubble gum, imprinted with some gang sign or another.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:55 pm
by kabukiman
-Let's get out of here and enter in a coffe shop. Or anything with humans.TNicolai takes Alexandre by the arm.

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm
by SuAside
Alexander does not struggle and goes with the flow. Safer not to call here...

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:39 am
by Laraqua
Alexander and Nicolai continue down the city streets, barely able to see much before them due to the driving rain that saturates their clothing and trickles down their backs in an oppressive and somewhat depressing manner. There's just something about the rain. All that rain. The clouds are so thick that it could be daytime and no one had noticed. They pass houses and sheds and garages and then quickly, surprisingly quickly, they are surrounded by tall multi-storeyed buildings of glass and steel.

As the two walk along, they hear a scream for up above as a man plummets to the sidewalk in front of them with a loud crack. Blood soon mingles with water and goo that seeps from the crushed face. The sudden corpse has no shoes and his socks are quickly saturated by water.

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:35 pm
by kabukiman
-Alexander. Let's get out of here. Quick.
Nicolai walks faster.

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:56 pm
by SuAside
Alexander shivers and presses on.

Is this another mindtrick? Is this real?

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:03 am
by Laraqua
The two men gingerly step around the body just as a jogger comes out of the rain and trips over the splayed corpse, tumbling over. The man rises to his feet, turns, and cries out in shock. "Holy shit! What the fuck is that?" He takes a couple steps closer. "You okay man? Oh, fuck!" Then he pulls out his mobile phone.

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:39 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: In what language is the man speaking? English? Russian?

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 am
by Laraqua
OOC: German. You'd catch the words 'okay' if you don't speak at least basic German.

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:46 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Nicolai don't speak german, so all he understand is "OK".

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:30 am
by Laraqua
The man certainly sounds upset and anxious. He turns toward the two of you and starts speaking a hundred miles an hour in German so even if you do have ranks in the skill, you'll need to roll it to understand. He gestures to the body and gestures to the roof as he hits a few buttons on his mobile phone.

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:14 pm
by SuAside
"We do not speak german, sir." Alexander says "But you should call the police and we should probably wait in the lobby of the building?"

Since they would no longer need to hunt for a phone, Alexander approaches the corpse to check for vital signs. A futile act, but necessary none the less.

"I am a doctor." he lets the jogger know.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 am
by Laraqua
"Ja," the jogger says, nodding though clearly not understanding much of what has just been said. He continues his phone call. Hopefully he's calling the police.

As Alexander takes a look over the body he notices a flyer folded up and stuffed in the side pocket. The words: Mother of Awakening can be clearly seen under the neon glow of the nearby streetlight.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:01 pm
by SuAside
Alexander takes out & reads the flyer. The rain will make short work of it soon anyway.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:36 pm
by kabukiman
-What do that means?

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:56 am
by Laraqua
It reads:

"Most of us have suffered the loss of a loved one, and as we age, it is likely that all of us will. Relationships are an essential part of what we, as humans, need to survive, and as we go through life, we will develop strong and significant connections with not just people, but also places and possessions we encounter along the way.

Grief is the emotion we feel when an important relationship ends (or is interrupted). Commonly the ending is caused by death, but grief can also be felt when a relationship is lost as a result of divorce, relocation, fire or theft. We don't grieve for all lost relationships; only those that have, for one reason or another, become meaningful to us over time - people we love or admire (family, partners, friends, teachers), and places or things we treasure (a house you grew up in, a photo, a family heirloom). When these people or things are gone, we often feel grief.

It then goes into a description of how spirituality can help, particularly in a support group, and that the Chapel of the Grief-Stricken Mother provides such a support group. The imagery on the web site involves a lot of wilted bouquets and pictures of depressed people. There is a part of the web page that is member's only and requires both user name and password.

There is also a time and day for the services. Wednesday, three hours before dawn, at 32 Gruber Street, Kreuzberg."

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 pm
by SuAside
"Rubbish." Alexander comments and shrugs as he hands the flyer to Nicolai.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:24 pm
by kabukiman
-It doesn't seem to have help this fellow a lot. Let's go.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:38 pm
by SuAside
"We could just wait for the cops & ambulance to show up." Alexander suggests in russian.

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 pm
by kabukiman
-Sure. And then explain we were kidnaped. Ok, let's wait then.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 am
by Laraqua
Time passes. The man looks quite anxious and natters at them in German a few times. Slowly, the nattering slows and the man seems listless. Hell, it's hard to keep one's focus in the rain. Watching it slip-slap-slip-slap against the slowly pooling road.... It's tiring just standing there, waiting. So much for the trip of a lifetime. So much for an exciting adventure. Slip-slap-slip-slap. Water trickles down your back, soaks your pants, pools in your shoes. It runs down your face and blots out the world around you so that you can only see the faint glow of a nearby streetlamp and the odd flash of headlights from moving cars. Slip-slap-slip-slap.... Almost like footsteps. Thousands of little footsteps. All marching their way onward.

It's hypnotic being out here. You're not sure how long you've stood there, moping, when a police car finally arrives. The Kriminalpolizei step out and start interrogating you two and the other man, barking out orders in incomprehensible German, looking around nervously, put at severe unease by the bleak, darkness, the omnipresent rain compressing the world around you, skies so thick with clouds it's hard to tell if it's day or night.

"Wer sind Sie? Wie ist Ihr Name? Können Sie verstehen, was ich sage?" the nearest Kriminalpolizei demands of Alexander.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:46 am
by kabukiman
-Ich spreech english. Neihn deutch-says Nicolai hoping the police understands

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:51 am
by Laraqua
The Kriminalpolizei nods and draws the two aside. "English? You englishman? Happen what?"

OOC: Forgive me, SuAside, for I don't know German grammar and how that'd tear apart English.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:06 pm
by kabukiman
-No, we were russian and we were trying to find a coffe, when this man landed, I got the fright of my life.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 am
by Laraqua
"Oh, so you not know name?" asked the Kriminalpolizei. "Man say you stole from pockets?"

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:31 pm
by kabukiman
-No, we were just looking to see if he had any ID. But all he had was flyer with some depressing talk.

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 am
by Laraqua
"You have ID?" asks the man.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:22 pm
by kabukiman
-Of course, here it is. How could we contact the ophidian fundation? We need to talk with them quickly.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:12 am
by Laraqua
The Kriminalpolizei nods again and gestures down the road. "Phone there." He then crouches down by the corpse and starts speaking into his radio.

Nicolai can see the phone booth sitting in the corner, vaguely, now that he is looking for it. The storm clouds are ridiculously thick and dark, churning out sheets of rain that plaster his hair down against his scalp.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 pm
by kabukiman
Nicolai takes the phone and makes the call.

OOC: I'm very sorry, but I completly missed that the game had restarted!