Prop 8 - Open For All

When you get the number and the link in-game, come here to collect your goodies.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Prop 8 - Open For All

Post by Laraqua »

Compilation of Bizarre Occurrences On That Mountain
A bizarre species of copepods were found that, instead of parasitically embedding themselves into the heart cavity of species of deep sea fish, do this to mammals with far larger rib cages in precisely the same fashion. They have been located in several ponds near the bottom of the mountain.

A species that functions similar to a small, winged insect has biologists and entymologists scratching their heads due to its greater organic similarity to the Fungal Kingdom, rather than the Animal Kingdom. It reproduces, consumes and excretes like a fungus and yet has an insect's locomotion and sensory capacities. Dead specimens were found by hikers crossing a trail that bordered the mountain.

All odd species die when taken from the foothills of the mountain.

There are rumors of magnetic iron deposits underground causing compasses to hopelessly malfunction which misleads travelers to the region. Such travelers seem to be almost led off the mountain. Similar malfunctions have been registered in the navigational equipment of planes, helicopters and other air-transports that find themselves either moving off-course when they intend to move over the mountain, or - more rarely - do not return. This is true regardless of the age of the navigational equipment - vintage is affected as much as modern. The precise geological, metallurgical or other reasons behind this are unclear. Of the three survey planes sent over within the past year to attempt to survey the site for archaeological finds, two found themselves off-course and flying passed the mountain, one didn't return.

Strange atmospherical conditions see that the mountain top is perpetually hidden by thick storm cover. This has occurred to varying extents in other regions of the world, but while long-lasting storms may crop up in certain regions for much of the year, it has never been to the same thickness, to the same strict localization and to a seemingly absolute perpetual existence. Winds from the ocean do appear to be feeding these clouds, but their reasons for moving as they do - sometimes against the normal course of the other winds - has left scientists scratching their heads.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: Prop 8 - Open For All

Post by SuAside »

Laraqua wrote:A bizarre species of copepods were found that, instead of parasitically embedding themselves into the heart cavity of species of deep sea fish, do this to mammals with far larger rib cages in precisely the same fashion. They have been located in several ponds near the bottom of the mountain.
human sized mammals? :lol: how the fuck do you keep a tiny parasite from attaching to you? :)

but anyhow, just wanted to say the good ol' doc would know a thing or two about regular copepods, because they're used to kill mosquito larvae that could spread asiatic feverrelated diseases by adding them to waterworks.
if however infected, the copepods become bearers of cholera (in africa that is). which of course interested Alex. :ugeek:
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Prop 8 - Open For All

Post by Laraqua »

This particular breed is similar to a group I found in an article on biology. They insert themselves into the heart cavity of deep sea aquatic fish species. The odd thing is that their tail end erupts from the cavity somewhat into the open waters - which is what makes this lot bizarre. Can't remember off the top of my head why they stretch out to that length -- I adapted an entire article to explain it but am still searching for it as I've only got a hard copy drifting about somewhere. So yeah, ain't the copepod family wild? The more you find out about them, the ickier they get.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Props”