Chit-Chat

Description: That which they do not see is all that they are safe from; for in blindness there is serenity; in ignorance there is all but bliss; while in the light - the light heralds only madness.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

Here's the place where you can waffle on unceasingly about all kinds of weird and wonderful concepts: from gardening, to your favourite television show, to in-depth political criticisms of the comparative psychodynamic structures of families in such shows as The Simpsons and Family Guy. Here is also where you can recover from the game. Use it wisely ... it may be a sanity buffer.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

I'm keen to find out a bit more about your character's life, history and personality, and I figure there are better ways of finding out about it then writing up copious amounts of back story. So I'm going to prompt you ever so often with additional questions OOC such as "Someone's calling you. Who do think it'll probably be as you go (or don't go) to answer the phone?"

So yeah, that's just a head's up.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

By the way, are we allowed to read the other characters' threads, or just our own?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I'm going to leave that up to you guys. Reading other people's threads will contain no further spoilers than they usually do (unlike in The Last Express where internal politics matter a lot).

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I probably should warn everyone again that this will be, at times, a fairly full-on game though in the interests of taste (and true, because it's often more horrific that way) I prefer to deal with the intricacies of inference rather than full-blown in-your-face descriptions!

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

By the way, don't read the Prop posts unless you've been linked to them. The exceptions being any Prop threads that have the Open For All section to them - as they are presumed to be common knowledge.

Also, let's all introduce ourselves!

I am Laraqua, an Australian Psychology Student struggling with my Honours thesis on Burnout and Engagement in PhD students. I'm hoping to do a Clinical Masters and become a counselling psychotherapist. I'm a big fan of horror, long-time poster in this forum, and live with my darling boyfriend (who I'm trying to convince to join the forum).

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Reclaimer »

I'm Brandon, a high school student in Louisiana. My biggest project right now is reading the novels issued out periodically in my AP English class. One of my school friends I keep for will probably join this forum when his computer gets fixed or gets a new one. I have an odd relationship with horror, after I watch/read some piece, I will get put in a position to regret it. Example: The week after I watched Saw 1 and 2, I spent a hour crawling in some pitch black mine shaft replica with mirrors and fake corpses in the most inappropriate places.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Well, my real first name is Shannon. Since you told me yours, I told you mine!

And crawling around mines with fake corpses? Where? Why? How do I get to do the same?

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

I thought that might have been, if a little odd, your first name.

Mid-American Museum. Because my buttons are easily pushed. Fly to hot springs, AR. It wasn't really that scary, I was on edge when three minutes into it, I ran headfirst into a mirror which was supposed to signal you to turn. I think my friends behind me were more freaked out by me suddenly falling back onto them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm Jonathan, a computer programmer living in Philadelphia. I like roleplaying (obviously), as well as playing and creating games, and reading and writing interactive fiction.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Milly LeCrique »

I'm Rod (out of the closet again!), known as Gaffer on the Y-SdC forums and as Big Dutch, Harry Monteagle and (formerly) Lady Diana Rathbone on PbP.

On Friday, my wife and I move to our brand-new house in Ocoee Florida, having moved from Maryland in January. I'm retired (yes, I'm old!), but looking for work.

I enjoy role-playing games from both sides of the screen (since 1973). A highlight every year is the Origins convention where my daughter Justine and I run events for the Rogue Cthulhu group. Justine is currently teaching English in Japan.

I was involved in all aspects of amateur theater for 35 years. I read history, mystery and adventure tales and will greatly miss George MacDonald Fraser's work. Tim Powers is a current favorite author.

That's about enough of me for now.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Here's a point: often I want to give links to other sites to give you information or additional sound effects. Yet the links to those sites, when embedded, look the same as the links to invisible castle. I'm thinking of using the (i) symbol to be the invisible castle links so that all other links can stand out and be a part of the text. Don't worry if you make a mistake, I don't mind correcting it. For example:

"He couldn't quite hear (i) what they were saying, but he sure could see (i) the camera they held."

What do you guys think? Does it work well enough for you?

In the meantime, I'll change all previous posts to this style so you can browse through quickly and detect all the informative or sound-link links you missed before.

Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Milly LeCrique »

It should work. Will you be doing dice rolls for us? That's fine with me.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Rod! Out of curiosity, was it you who played Nurse Hammond in Chapter One of Ash last year?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

As for italicizing the non-roll links, sounds good.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Actually, I think she meant using "(i)" as the link text, but I like the idea of using italics even better.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Milly LeCrique »

Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome, Rod! Out of curiosity, was it you who played Nurse Hammond in Chapter One of Ash last year?
No, not me. My first PbP was "Season of Our Discontent" which wrapped a couple of months ago.

I'm currently in "Shadows over Hollywood" which is on hiatus, as well as "When a NY Baby Says Goodnight" which I jumped into the middle of as Big Dutch, and just getting underway with "Unscripted Terror" an improvised ToC game and this most intriguing scenario with you folk as a bonus.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Good idea. I'll go with italics for props instead.

Also, it'll be a good idea for everyone to post a thread in the Equipment section (that way both you and I can edit it) where you can keep a record of what you're carrying and what you've used up. It won't matter so much now in the Berlin chapter but it'll become a big deal on the hike. You can take a bit of time in doing it - no rush!

Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Steerpike »

Hello you may know from such classics as Mcraven in "Beyond the mountains of Madness"
Forum handle "Steerpike" real name James.

I earn my crust as a legal caseworker for the Scottish Land Registry agency...sometimes referred to as the Registers or the "Agency" In other words I am a civil servant...employee of the crown...a dying breed.

I have been roleplaying for a bloody long time and mostly CoC. :twisted:
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

Hi, I'm an ITer and I'm way too paranoid to post my real name. :lol:

I'm a SysAdmin providing my services to two SMEs, one of which provides webbased services (lol Web 2.0). Work takes way too much of my time... :ugeek:
My hobbies are computers, Krav Maga, recreative/sport shooting, motorcycles and this place.

I have no idea who I'll be playing in this RP, time will tell...

Return to “465 : 19.375”