Chit-Chat

Description: That which they do not see is all that they are safe from; for in blindness there is serenity; in ignorance there is all but bliss; while in the light - the light heralds only madness.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

Sorry, was delaying the inevitable "Quest To Discover How To Form A New Sub-Forum!"

We'll start you at the corner shops because there's going to be a mass of clues at your place and I currently don't have the time to fix up all the props. I can give you stuff to do at the corner shop, get some roleplay, character understanding, etc. What country did you want to start in?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by yellowsigh »

I suppose if you chuck me in at the deep-end, somewhere in Russia, I can start investigating pretty early on. What's the in-game date? Would the professor be on a break from the University?
. . .y o u ' r e i n s y l u m t o r e m e m b e r . . .
• Mood Music •
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Just a word to the wise, I'll be running Initiative as Dexterity+1d10 to randomize it a little.

Sorry for the slow posts, thesis is due in a week. After that, things'll be back to normal. I will endeavor to at least do one more post before Friday (when it's due) for all of your threads, anyway.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

Laraqua wrote:Just a word to the wise, I'll be running Initiative as Dexterity+1d10 to randomize it a little.

Sorry for the slow posts, thesis is due in a week.
good luck, kiddo!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

So far each PC is alone ... that will soon change. Hopefully I can buddy some of you guys up soon.

How are y'all enjoying the game so far? Want a faster pace? Slower pace? More leads? More PC / PC interaction? NPC / PC interaction? Know where you're going?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm liking it so far. The pace is fine by me, but I wouldn't object if it got a little faster. I would like to see more interaction between PCs, and it looks like that's coming.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Same to me, and a bit of fresh air would be welcomed too. :)
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

it's moving slow, but i don't mind. lots of stuff on my hands lately. :)
Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Milly LeCrique »

I'm enjoying myself, Laraqua, thanks for asking. Meeting up with other characters will be welcome.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by John Gaunt »

I'd be happy with 2-3 posts a week.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sorry about that, John, but you're the one who's just about to ... meet ... another PC. Can't say whether it will be bad or good ... just one or two posts more on their behalf ... and they'll be there.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Technically, both PCs involved are about to meet another PC. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sorry Mr. Handy, those two are dealing with night time stuff. Whereas you're in daytime land. Be so much better when everyone's in the same time zone ... *sighs wistfully*

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I meant that they were about to meet each other. I don't mind the wait, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Well, there are two pairs currently. Unfortunately, the guy I had planned on getting with Carter ... Hubert, hasn't posted in a long time. That's okay, though, he's distinct enough from everyone's thread that - should the player return in a few months time - he could slip right back in.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Out of curiosity, has anyone managed to figure out the meaning behind the title? It's a mathematical puzzle, really, with a mathematical clue for an answer. Just wondering.

Also, I have an exam tomorrow! First I have to get my thesis in, then I have to get all the paperwork for my application to Masters of Psychology in, now I have an exam and an essay due! Can't wait until the holidays. Though these holidays I'm going to try and get a part-time psychological job-type thing.

How are the rest of you going? What's up all?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No, I didn't. Well, until you mentioned that it was a mathematical puzzle. Then I figured out that it was
Spoiler:
24 - the number of times 19.375 goes into 465. Not sure of the significance of 24 to the story yet, though.
I need more sleep, but other than that I'm fine. I haven't been able to get much of anything done for a while on the new characters for Chapter 4 of Zombie Apocalypse yet. I've got about 20% of them done, but they were done before I even finished Chapter 3. It looks like we'll start in December, or maybe at the beginning of January. I'm going to Philcon this weekend, which for some reason has been moved to New Jersey this year, so instead of being able to walk back and forth from home I'll have to take a bus there and stay at the hotel. I'm looking to buy the Arkham Horror expansions I'm missing and maybe some other stuff too, and I plan to get in some CoC and other games while I'm there. Then the following week I've got a 4 1/2 day weekend for Thanskgiving, so I should be able to get a lot more done during that time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ooh, Philcon! I've got the King in Yellow expansion to Arkham Horror but I haven't been able to play it out yet. I keep meaning to take it down to Game Quest and get a bunch of people to play it with me.

I'm hoping to introduce my boyfriend to forum gaming through Zombie Apocalypse. Any chance one of the chars I've got can come in a pair? No need for the pair to be 'together' or anything. It could be two privates for all it matters. Or two evil geniuses. That way I can talk him through things and help him understand the game (he knows CoC, but not forum gaming much), without there being a multitude of spoilers.

Also, I had another dream with Zombies in it last night. This time I kept quoting the Zombie Survival Guide. Awesome book.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Also, exam day today. Theories of Psychotherapy from 6:30 to 8:30. Whoop!

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I have the King in Yellow expansion and haven't played it yet either. I also have the Dunwich Horror expansion, which I have tried. It definitely makes the game harder, especially when you play solo. I haven't played it with others yet, but there may be a chance at Philcon. They were sold out of the Egyptian Exhibition expansion last year, so I'm hoping to get that as well as Kingsport.

Most of the characters are in my head already, it'll just take time to write down all my ideas and stat them out. There will be several potential pairs of characters in Chapter 4. There are some bad guys that will pair up nicely, but one of those pairs did feature in Chapter 1, so he might not want to have to have to go back and read that. There are a couple of possible pairs in a new group of characters that may meet the survivors from Over that are heading west by land, and there are several pairs in Omaha. There's cafeteria worker Tariq al-Tikriti, an Iraqi exile, who would pair quite nicely with either his son Ali or with chef Amelia Delacroix, who left New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina only to find herself in a bigger disaster. Science teacher Chester Johnson would work quite nicely with star pupil Elijah Smith or with one of the CDC characters (who would also work well with each other and with Dr. Hausmann, your only surviving character). School nurse Michelle Marquez would be good with Dr. Hausmann too. Stephanie Bridges works the closest with Dr. Hausmann, but he might not want to go back and read all of the first three chapters to play her. LaTanya Washington, who you expressed interest in playing a long time ago, would go very well with her boyfriend, football player Darnell Jones (that's American football, by the way). There are also a brother-and-sister pair, Doug and Lisa Marley. We've also got a couple of strays: homeless man Alvin Drummond and a mutt named Murray. Not all of the pairs will start out in the same place, however. I'll post starting locations after I get the character sheets up, but you'll probably need to wait for a map to know where most of them are in relation to each other.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “465 : 19.375”