Chit-Chat

Description: That which they do not see is all that they are safe from; for in blindness there is serenity; in ignorance there is all but bliss; while in the light - the light heralds only madness.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! I only started looking at BTMoM recently, and have only read from shortly after the start of Chapter Six onwards. I did read and enjoy all of Season of Our Discontent, and I'm following along with the other games Rod mentioned, and most of the others besides. I'm in something like a dozen games here myself, and of course I'm the primary Keeper for Zombie Apocalypse, along with Welsh.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

I know who played Nurse Hammond ... it's a well-guarded secret. If you ask it in the Ash Chit-Chat threads ... someone might answer you.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Milly LeCrique »

Welcome, SuAside and Steerpike.

I am moving to a new home and will be out of internet connection from tomorrow afternoon until Saturday or Sunday.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

That's cool. You've got your own thread anyhow.

So, now that the introductions are over, how about a new question?

Q.1: What do you expect from this game?

Q.2: What angles do you hope to explore? What experience are you after? Tell me a bit about what you're hungering for, about what horrors you wish to have revealed...

To bait you into giving a solid answer, I offer 1 skill point for a well-thought out response to each of the above questions. To be sunk wherever you like! (Yes, it don't sound like much but they DO add up - to 2, currently, if you answer both with a solid response. Two half-hearted responses are worth 1 skill point).

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Reclaimer & Mr. Handy, if I'm not back when you arrive, feel free to post your verbal responses in each other's threads. Soon as that door opens, Reclaimer will be joining Mr. Handy's thread.

Just that I know you guys are up before I'm awake and I don't want to inhibit your conversations.

Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Steerpike »

Laraqua wrote:That's cool. You've got your own thread anyhow.

Q.2: What angles do you hope to explore? What experience are you after? Tell me a bit about what you're hungering for, about what horrors you wish to have revealed...

To bait you into giving a solid answer, I offer 1 skill point for a well-thought out response to each of the above questions. To be sunk wherever you like! (Yes, it don't sound like much but they DO add up - to 2, currently, if you answer both with a solid response. Two half-hearted responses are worth 1 skill point).
1. I expect a trip that from the outset has growing and overwhelming sense of menace that develops into pure horror, giving my character the chills from excess adrenaline and terror.

2. To be confronted by some physical horror for sure but also from the mind. Our nightmares made flesh, our imaginations filling out the creeping shadows with something more subsantial than a feeling of a presence...unholy and malign.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Surprisingly in-depth for something so succinct. Enjoy your two shiny new skill points!

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

maybe not worth points, but i'll go with the truth:
Laraqua wrote:Q.1: What do you expect from this game?
what do people expect from a game? to enjoy themself while being pulled away from the drudgery of daily life and experiencing something he could not hope to in real life. or well in this case, something you'd hope never to experience in real life. :lol:

personally, i especially like creating a specific persona and then playing that given character true to itself, choosing not to divert from it, even if it means death. watching it interact and perhaps eventually evolve into something you hadn't expected at first.
i like to weave in a few elements of my real life self into each of my characters (though each time different elements), giving me a link to it. a reference, as it were. but at the same time use things vastly different from myself.
Laraqua wrote:Q.2: What angles do you hope to explore? What experience are you after? Tell me a bit about what you're hungering for, about what horrors you wish to have revealed...
what do i hope to explore? the sick, decrepit and vile depths of your twisted soul, my dear.

while i've been here for years now, i still feel like a novice. a kid in a candy store. while the other RPs i've played in were fun and fulfilling, i feel like i'm still missing out on so much.

and i expect you to deliver, Shannon.

not to pressure you or anything... :roll:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laraqua wrote:That's cool. You've got your own thread anyhow.

1. I expect most of all to have fun. While I don't expect to be frightened myself, I do expect my character to be scared silly, tormented, and ultimately left a broken shell of a man. Ash certainly delivers on all of the above, and I'd expect nothing less from this game.

2. Most of all, I'm looking for psychological and personal horror, something specifically meaningful to my character. I want to seek out and uncover forbidden mysteries about the true nature of the universe and, in the process of discovering them, have my character shaken to his core.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Reclaimer »

1.When I saw your ad, I read a little bit of Ash, so I expecting to have some very mysterious and scary things, and you have yet to disappoint.

2. I'm hoping to lose all my faith in my ability to see things coming. I want to have to double check to see if that really did happen. I want to stretch what I can imagine to happen.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

So in other words, you guys want to feel a little bit disoriented as you struggle to keep the very worst of things from happening to your characters, fighting to understand what's going on, re-evaluating your previous beliefs often and basically feeling really, REALLY glad you're not suffering like your character is?

I pity your PCs that you would ask for that... :twisted:

But then, this is a horror game.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Hey, could people remember to give new PCs they meet a description of their appearance? What you look like, basically? Even if it's just "A handsome brunette..." We have two men with APP 16 and a woman with APP 13 so far so it might end up meaning something. :D

It's funny, the cameraman is better looking than the presenter (don't worry, Milly, you were probably chosen because you straddle the line between "Gosh, she's pretty" 13 and "Like a super-gorgeous thing like that knows anything about science!" 16).

That cameraman, though! Phew-wee! No wonder he's had a lot of interest from the ladies! :lol:

Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Reclaimer »

They come in for the body and stay for the science. :D
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

:lol: So true, so true... :lol:

Highest APP expedition ever. Averages out at around 13. Lowest is average (10) appearance.

Oh yes, there will be prime time!

Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Milly LeCrique »

Interaction with a group of creative people to solve subtle problems and challenges, preferably in a novel locale.

The gradual accretion of horror, as ordinary people discover terrors they have no more than suspected until now... a situation in which trust is difficult to give or receive, but people have to rely on one another to survive… the gradual loss of personal reference points and certainty as the personality erodes
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Laraqua wrote:Highest APP expedition ever. Averages out at around 13. Lowest is average (10) appearance.
the shy underdog will win though. it's inevitable.

besides, my char is 10-1 APP, so 9 is the lowest, my dear.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I wasn't counting your character, he's not in the Character Thread yet! Thus he don't count at this time.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

For future reference, there will be many instances where I will halt NPC dialogues or other such continuous scenes for you to have a chance to interrupt and respond. That doesn't mean you have to. If your character has no reason to interrupt, post as much. "{Name} waits and watches" will do, as will anything else that indicates as much.

If you're stuck for things to do, you can write as much. "{Name} picks up a newspaper to read and wile away the time" will alert me to your lack of motivation, direction or leads.

If, on the other hand, a scene is passing by too quickly and the moment your PC would interrupt disappears, feel free to indicate as such in your post and I'll edit away the overly long post I made to accommodate what your PC wanted to say.

Sound good?

Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Milly LeCrique »

Got it.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

roger that.
Laraqua wrote:I wasn't counting your character, he's not in the Character Thread yet! Thus he don't count at this time.
aw, so poor Alex doesn't count yet. :cry:

but no worries, his APP9 is set in stone! unless you decide to burn his face or something. beard do tend to burn well. :lol:

Return to “465 : 19.375”