Chit-Chat

Description: That which they do not see is all that they are safe from; for in blindness there is serenity; in ignorance there is all but bliss; while in the light - the light heralds only madness.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

Good luck to her on that!

The Berlin Sandbox mode is difficult to party people up in, but for those scheduled to be on the expedition, there's a lovely banquet being held this evening (tomorrow evening - for Milly). Sure, I think only three people will end up attending, but that's a good start. Don't worry, though, there'll be plenty of opportunities to meet and greet other PCs.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

gl Laraqua! (and try to have some fun in the meantime)
Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Milly LeCrique »

Welcome back, Laraqua. I hope your holiday was pleasant.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Okay, this part of my holidays is the No Internet Part. Soz, no posts for awhile. Not until the 20th.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

have fun!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome to the game, Tabs! You're in for quite a ride!

I was looking at your character sheet, and you should have 14 HP, not 13. When your CON+SIZ is divided by 2 to determine your HP, it gets rounded up. Also, since Abbo is going to be a cameraman, he ought to have points in Photography. In modern games, this skill also encompasses the use of video cameras (digital or otherwise). You also didn't spend anywhere near all of your skill points, so you've got plenty left to put into that and other skills. You get EDU x 20 occupational skill points (in your case, that's 360), and INT x 10 hobby skill points that can be used for any skill (in your case, that's 130).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Thanks, Mr. Handy, haven't had the time to go over the new sheets in detail yet.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Thanks, I'll make the changes shortly. I'm using a 3rd Edition rulebook so any rule mistakes can be blamed upon it!
Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Milly LeCrique »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, was somewhat under the weather.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Last month I got elected into the position of Vampire: the Requiem (World of Darkness) LARP (Live Action Role Play) VST (Venue Storyteller) and the 25 player team has me busy working out their politics and its impact on the NPCs and the world around them. I'm also no longer a university student and am now looking for work (sigh). Now I've got all of the bases down, I should be posting more frequently.

Sorry!

Milly LeCrique
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Milly LeCrique »

Best of luck in your job search, Laraqua. Hope you find something very lucrative that leaves lots of free time for play. :D
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Man, it's hard adjusting after 18 years of being a student, identifying as a student, and doing student-y things. I feel like I've been fired from a job, I just realized, "made redundant". It's actually a bit of an identity crisis as you figure out who you are and where you're going. Not a bad identity crisis like what would follow if a loved one was hurt or died, just a ... "Whoa, didn't think I'd be impacted so much."

Anyone else went through a similar ordeal?

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

i was always the kind of students who took 11 months off and then for the exams i didn't pass with ease i had to work a fuckton in one month. usually seemed to work.

lets just say that when i actually quit school (after having exhausted pretty much all the sensible 'extra' curriculum i could follow without making my motives overly obvious to future employers), i was pretty much slapped in the face with a lot of hard work and a fuckton of overtime. when you're used to slacking off a whole lot, it is indeed a bit of a crisis. though in my case, i really didn't get the time to take it all in. i suppose i have to 'thank' the huge workload for that...

now, whenever i walk past my old university/college, i'm always confronted with how young these kids look... surely, they're all freshmen, right?

well, no... it only still seems that way because i still identify myself as being "fresh out of uni" (which isn't the entire truth anymore). lets face it, i've become a working class old fart overnight!

it's quite funny really. when still in school, i had fucktons of time and limited money, now i've got a reasonable amount of money and no time to spend it in. (though that will change in time, i'm sure)

anyhow, what kind of prospects do you have, Laraqua? do you have anything lined up, or do you have to start the jobhunt from scratch?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

From scratch. Psychology degrees are never the preferred degree at honors level, not even for government graduate jobs, which is disheartening.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

You should try to have the same degree as I have (history with a master in medieval history) to see the funny looks people make.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Good luck with the job search, Laraqua! It's especially rough in these times. That's why I'm glad I have a civil service job, and I have enough seniority that I can't be laid off unless almost my entire unit is laid off with me. I may end up having to do the work of multiple people, but I'll still have a job.

I know exactly what you mean about trading time and no money for money and no time, SuAside. I keep telling myself I'll have the time eventually too, but it's been seven years and it hasn't changed yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by John Gaunt »

I can definitely relate. Having joined these forums and online games while in the midst of a prolonged period of unemployment (nearly 10 months, sheesh!), I'm finally back to work in crappy, dead end job that consists of 10 & 1/2 hour work days. That and being sucked into FallOut 3 for a month and a half have kept me from posting.

Nothing lasts forever and everything changes so I console myself w/ the mindset that a crappy job trumps no job, 'specially in this economic climate.

What is your area of specialization or expertise, Shannon? In a job search (having been a recruiter for 4 years), it's important to be able to differentiate between what you want to do (which may take some time) and what you're able to do: where are your applicable or transferable skills and experiences?

I have a sublimated interest in psychology, btw. That and gamestore owner are two of my alt future paths!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Hehe. I've an honours in psychology and am looking at the Generalist, Consulting and HR streams, by and large, of the graduate opportunities. Right now I'm doing temp work to get some money and experience under the belt.

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by John Gaunt »

Yeah, longterm, I'm interested in getting into HR myself. Recruiting offers a strand of that, something to consider if you're looking to build up HR experience. At least here in the States, there are low barriers to entry to the profession. If you're presentable and a good communicator, there's always someone/someplace that will give you a shot. Unfortunately, not a good time to be a recruiter. As far as consulting goes, you'll probably have to build up a greater set of experiences and knowledge before that becomes viable.

A colleague I was friendly w/ at my last recruiting job was Aussie. Good guy.

What does your boyfriend do for work/money?

Return to “465 : 19.375”