And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Moderator: Laraqua

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Post by Andrew »

Cael stops his yelling and swings into the chopper again. He smiles and says back, "You won't be marrying me Sarah, I'm as crazy as a loon. Probably started when my father was killed and my mother blew her brains out but who knows... You're a nurse, your pop and pop are doctors, maybe you guys can put the pieces back together. Funny how things are so clear to the insane. I thought it would be a jumbled mess of cobwebs and such... Nope. Mind is as clear as the sky in the tropics. Its more a different thought pattern than anything. I get it now. However if my mind snaps back. I'd like to do all that you mentioned, although I'm not sure what kind of husband I'd be. I've always been a loner."

That said and knowing he was tired of flying, he sat down in a passenger seat, grabbed Sarah by her hips onto his lap and said, "Alright there toots... heal thy man." He let out a slight laugh and looked towards Stephen to see if the man was alright. This was definitely not the type of bird he was used to flying.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah opens up her medical kit and skillfully cleans, disinfects, and sews up Cael's claw wound, repairing most of the damage. "If anyone can make you sane again, it's me," she says as she works. "I'm sure Daddy can help too, once he becomes one with himself. I won't give up on you."
OOC,That brings [b]Cael[/b] back up to 8 HP.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael smiled, "I think I'm getting a cold. My head's stuffy and I'm really tired."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"How long have you had these symptoms?" asks Sarah. She looks Cael over, but she can't tell much. "This didn't start after you got clawed, did it? It doesn't surprise me that you're exhausted after everything that's happened. I hope you're not coming down with something." She digs around in her medical kit for anything that might help a cold. "You should get some rest and take it easy. My father can give you a better examination than I can, once he's himself again. Maybe I can help him along. I'm wondering if we shouldn't head to the cinema right away instead of going to the house first. If the ash can't get in there, that may be where we'll find what we're seeking."

Sarah gets up and makes sure the door is securely closed. Then she picks up the laptop before sitting in the seat between the two Lionels that Brianna had vacated and strapping herself in. She calls up the Google Images site that shows the house and places the computer on her lap. She takes one hand of each Lionel in her own.

"Sarah Jane," they both said at once.

"I'm here, Daddy. Keep at it. I know this is going to work."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael just shrugged when Sarah asked when his symptoms started, he hadn't really noticed until now. "Throat and ears hurt, headache, body hurts. As for when I don't know, this is the first time I've had a chance to analyze myself in awhile." That said he took his seat and before taking the stick back said to Stephen, "Sorry for the crazy shit dude... At least I didn't try to shoot you." With that he took back the stick and asked whether he was flying to the house or the cinema.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"I'm thinking maybe we should go to the cinema first," says Sarah. "I don't really know what to expect at the house, only that it's significant. If what we're looking for is at the cinema, we might not need to go anywhere else, and we ought to find whatever it is as soon as possible. It might also make a decent safe haven. It kept the ash - and the ashing wave - out somehow. We can't just hunker down there, but it might make a useful base of operations."

"Jennifer had a sniper rifle," muttered the Lionels, still concentrating on joining and holding Sarah's hands.

"So there may be more where that came from? A bit odd for weapons like that to be kept there. Then again, a lot about this cinema seems unusual. There may still be other survivors there too, if they didn't all end up in the Blitz. The cinema's right across the road from the hospital, so we already know how to get there. What does everyone else think?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Jill just stares down at her hands. It's all become a bit much for the poor woman. A few moments pass and a few tears trickle down her face. She turns away from the others, shading her face with her hair. It's obvious that she doesn't want to be disturbed.

"It's cold in the water," says a gentle, male voice sleepily over the radio. Blackworth? "The sleepless will wake up soon."

There's a moment of blatant de ja vu where you can all almost see Blackworth standing where he stood before. A sliver of a shadow. There and then gone again.

"It's cold in the water...." It sounds like his voice, but younger now, more child-like. "The sleepless will wake up soon."

[Spoiler-Button]Louie? Dangit.... I've been going back through the old threads and I think he got lost amidst it all. I'm surprised Brianna didn't shoot him and that Ronald even let him on the chopper.[/Spoiler-Button]
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"Hang in there, Jill," says Sarah gently. "I'm here if you want to talk." She sighs. "I knew Daniel was still out there, somewhere."

"The thing that caused all this," says the older Lionel, "it ripped apart our times and our world as it brushed through them. If it were to leave, maybe time will return to the earliest state, or the latest, or each section of time will continue on its own. If it finds what it seeks, perhaps it will go. Even if things are not restored to an earlier state, we can start again and rebuild. Humanity will survive, through us. There is still hope. One way or another, things will be better. We should go to the cinema. Maybe we'll find what it wants there."

"I'll never give up, Daddy," says Sarah, squeezing both of her fathers' hands. "We're going to make it, all of us. Nobody else dies today."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Several realities. But remember, if we discovered what was wrong, maybe that creature could send us back in time and fix it. That's how I met your father and the group, remember?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"Oh, I hope so," says Sarah. "I wish we could just undo all the horrible things that have happened. If time would just roll back to before this started..."

"I hope so too, Sarah," say the Lionels, still trying to merge with each other.

"The being did not send us back intentionally," says the older Lionel. "It ripped apart time and space, and we fell through. By now all times it has touched may have met the same fate. It only regards us the way we think of insects. If we help it find what it seeks, our best hope is that it will retreat. The dead will not rise again, but there is a chance time will be reset. Or it might not. I just don't know."

"Well, if the ash can't get into the cinema," says Sarah, "it can't search there. Only we can do that. I think that's our best bet."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Looking for someone we don't knew without knowing it's location. That's promissing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"I know, Agnes," says Sarah, "but we have to try. Maybe we'll know it when we see it. No matter how bleak things look, we mustn't give up hope."

Both Lionels continue to clutch her hands and concentrate on joining together, humming under their breath.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Its difficult to direct the helicopter through all the ash and darkness towards any particular location. The real painful part will be attempting to land it on a street littered with cars and power lines.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,If we're going to the cinema, we'll be landing in the car park in front of it, not in the street. [b]Cael[/b] actually landed there before in Chapter Two.
Image Image

Sarah sighs and leans back, holding the hands of both Lionels and concentrating on helping them become one however she can. She sings Big Rock Candy Mountain along with them as they too focus on merging with each other.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael kept checking his instrument panels, looking out the window and even checking his watch. He lit yet another cigarette and shook his head, he looked at Stephen, "You blokes are so damn lucky I'm the best chopper pilot. This shit sucks to fly through!" Cael stated. He then turned to his watch again, as he looked at his watch, his headed nodded slightly to the seconds, after ten he looked at his panel and then lastly out the window. "We need Flight of the Valkyries playing man."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-That's a german music! Don't tell me your a nazi! says Agnes.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Nope, just know a good tune when I hear it. Besides, that war has been over with for over fifty years. Only Nazis now are faggot ass bald headed wanna bes. Dumb ass motherfuckers." Cael stated as he started to hum the song.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Please forgive his language, Agnes," says Sarah. "Soldiers in your time cursed too, just not in front of women and children. Times are different now, and many people use foul language, not just soldiers. I'm not one of them, but there are plenty who do. Cael is actually referring to a movie from after your time called 'Apocalypse Now' where an American helicopter plays 'Ride of the Valkyries' from its speakers as it swoops in to attack."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes is speechless with Cael (and hasn't understand half he said).
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Hearing Sarah preach about language, Cael cringes slightly, he usually tries to watch his language around old women and whereas her physical appearance isn't old, her way of thinking is, "Yeah... Sorry about the language Agnes, I usually watch it in front of grandmas and kittens, must be a sign that I'm starting to loose my friggin mind."

Return to “Chapter Three”