And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Moderator: Laraqua

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Post by kabukiman »

Not very satisfy what she heard about "grandmas" Agnes said.
-Let's just said it was all because of the situation we are suffering. But try to have some manners.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

[Spoiler-Button]ooc- Ronald is too much of a pacifist and a wimp to do anything about Louie being on the chopper. He'll confront him when they land. just wanted to remind you that my arch nemisis is still here! Sorry I'ver been gone for so long[/Spoiler-Button]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Welcome back!

"We've all been through a terrible ordeal," says Sarah. "We're still going through one. But we're going to make it. It won't be easy, it won't be quick, but just like in the war you left, we'll win in the end. We can all do our bit for victory."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

"I haven't forgotten WHAT YOU DID Louie!!! "Brianna crosses her arms and sulks in the corner, scowling at Louie fiercely.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah tries to hold back her tears. She knows exactly how Brianna feels, because she had felt Louie's betrayal too when she was reliving everything Brianna had gone through. She can't see that there's still good in him, she thinks, recalling how Louie had saved her life. I don't know if she'll ever find it in her heart to forgive him. It's a miracle she's forgiven me. Maybe it's because he was her friend before, but she didn't really know me yet. "I promise you, Brianna," says Sarah, "Louie will never do anything to hurt you again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The helicopter rotors have been chugging through ash for quite some time when suddenly the sound and vibration clears and its smooth flying. Taking a look out through the main windshield reveals you've all entered a swirling vortex of ash that spans a dozen or so yards in diameter as it sweeps across the city skyline. The ashen edges seem a little thicker, like it might be dangerous to fly through it, though not impossible. The tunnel veers somewhat left, taking you somewhat off course your original destination.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

Sarah holds the hands of both Lionels, and all three of them continue to focus on the two Lionels becoming one.
OOC,Is there any progress on that? We've been at it for quite a long time. Woohoo! 8-) Ash is back! Do the other players know that the game is back on?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The Lionels heads snap backward and their gazes fix at a single point on the helicopter ceiling. A shudder passes through one, than the other, before a spasm takes them both at once. They fall back against the side, still grasping Sarah's hands, feet smacking a drum beat against the ground as dark blotches grow beneath their bloodshot eyes. Blood dribbles from both of their left nostrils and their jaw hangs open in a wide-mouthed horror.

OOC: You may attempt First Aid on them. There's a limit as to how much you can repair them as it's internal damage but you can try to keep them alive.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald's eyes bug out of their sockets as he takes in the scene before him. He screams like frightened child.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Taking hold of his faculties... he makes sure Brianna is safe and behing him. He then lunges forward and tries to pull Sarah away from the two Lionels, fearful the growing blackness engulfing the two of them might be contagious.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"NOOOOO!!!" cries Sarah, horrified at what is happening to her father. She is certain that the blotches beneath his eyes are due to burst blood vessels, and she tries desperately to save the Lionels. However, her panicked state and Ronald pulling at her make her efforts useless. He cannot pull her away, as she is strapped into her seat, but it is still a distraction. "Ronald, stop! What are you doing?! You'll kill him! Please, someone help me save him, I'm losing him! Oh, God, don't let him die!" Sarah's mind goes back, and she remembers being six years old and trying in vain to save her mother's life. Now it's all happening again, and she breaks down in tears. "I love my daddy!"
OOC,Anyone can try to save [b]Lionel[/b]'s life, since everyone has First Aid skill of at least 30%. Some of you have it higher than that. [b]Agnes[/b], [b]Jill[/b], and [b]Cael[/b] all have decent First Aid, and so do [b]Aidan[/b] and [b]Louie[/b]. Unfortunately, my characters are the ones with the highest skill. One of them is the one who needs help, and the other already failed because I roll very badly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cael is busy flying the helicopter so he can't assist him but anyone else may make a roll. I'll give it until the end of the week and then I'll make First Aid rolls for anyone who hasn't had a chance to post.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Cael[/b] can help if [b]Stephen[/b] takes over.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,I don't know if this is a first aid kinda moment. Either way.. Ronald is too scared to touch Lionel.
Ronald stops pulling at Sarah and retuens to Brianna. He grabs her and lifts her into an empty seat if there is one avaiable and promptly buckles her in. He calls out to Dahlia knowing all to well there was a snowball's chance in hell that the spoiled little brat would listen.

He then calls back to Sara... What's happening to them. Are they merging or turning to Ash?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They're merging, but something's gone wrong!" shouts Sarah. "They're dying! Looks like internal bleeding! Please, help me save them!"
OOC,Yeah, it's a First Aid moment all right. Trust the medical professional on this. [b]Lionel[/b]'s life may depend on it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald jumps up and nearly vomits with fear and apprehension. He puts two hands on Brianna's shoulders and sternly shouts.

Stay here! CLose your eyes sweety.

Once he has some sort of compliance from the girl he rushes back to Sara's side to help.

With all the time he spent in a hospital he figured he might have picked up something. unfortunately he hadn't. ooc- rolled a 41.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3317437

Ronald starts to weeep uncontrolably.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah feels like she's six years old and helpless again. She tries everything she can think of, but nothing is working. "Please wake up, Daddy," she chokes out, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Please wake up..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes try finally to react. But she is too clumsyto make any good.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aidan hurries over, unbuckling himself, but fails to provide any assistance to him and curses as he looks over the men's strange internal injuries. Jill makes some headway and manages to stabilise them somewhat. Still, their bodies continue to tremble as they go through their mental trials.

Louie has spent all of the events thus far reading through the entries in the book they had liberated from the library and his gaze doesn't so much as flicker from the pages. Stephen and Cael are busy keeping the bird in the air as they follow the ash vortex to its end.

"This ain't taking us to the house, I don't think," said Stephen. "It's taking us back to the hospital. We can pass out of it if we want."
Hide,Continue your POW rolls and see how it goes!
OOC,while they're technically two injuries that could have attempts made to heal them, the pilots are hardly going to assume that they can fix what two nurses and two other men can't. Besides which, they'd have no room to get there. If they fail their next roll, the four of you can make another attempt to heal them.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"You did it, Jill!" cheers Sarah, giving her a grateful hug. "But he's not out of the woods yet." She returns her attention to her father.

Jill's efforts allow Lionel to regain consciousness, and the sight of his daughter strengthens his will to live. "A tear, Sarah Jane?" he says in stereo, his voice weak. "Don't cry, my dear. While there's life, there's..." He trails off, his eyes closing again.

Sarah is afraid that she's losing him again, but then something wonderful happens.
OOC,Woohoo! :D It was tough being Shroedinger's Doctor for over a month, and I'm so relieved I made it in the end! Can [b]Sarah[/b] try to heal the second injury and get him more HP back? [b]Lionel[/b] is very vulnerable at 4.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The older Lionel bubbles and explodes - the eruption whipping out and congealing around the younger one - absorbing through his skin the trace elements that was truly himself and through that he realises with a burst of sudden sanity that time has ceased to be linear before and that he had hardly lived through all of those eras but skipped through them, rushing ahead from the all-devouring ash and surviving all of the moments of dread where he would step into an ashen world, as though the past were simply a conglomeration of pages that he leapt through, one before the other, never making a meaningful impact, his mere existence unwriting itself each day that followed the last, so that those who knew him one day would forget him the next (or sometimes within hours) and all of his screams and rants and prayers had come to nothing as people blindly followed their courses to certain death. The realisation of all of this, of all of these memories, is a hideous moment
Lionel,roll sanity loss. 1d10 / 1d100. The most sanity you can lose will simply drop him to where the older Lionel once stood.

Return to “Chapter Three”