And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Post by Laraqua »

As one of the masculine silhouettes steps up onto the helicopter, he materializes more fully into view, far more young and spry, with an intelligent glint in his eye, he can't help but regard the older self that now appears human before him and than his gaze moves onto Sarah. Before he can truly react to her, however, he doubles over in pain, as the older Lionel's lip twitches into a smile.

Behind him, a woman in 1940s dress and hair style solidifies, as does Jill, and a man with a military-style hair cut who stands beside her. These can now interact with the helicopter without issue.

Daniel Blackworth sits in the cockpit near Stephen who mans the controls.
OOC,Spot Hidden for any who want to spend a turn regarding him or Stephen
OOC,Can the others first describe their position and give a brief description? Can all those who haven't rolled initiative, roll it in the Chit-Chat thread? Those who have already rolled, can keep their previous initiative.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,Ronald was looking at the pilot... Spot Hidden : 47 : Pass
Ronald smiles when he sees Agnes.

Agnes!

Then seeing Lionel double over in pain, Ronald tries to support him. He holds his hand out to the crazy Lionel.

Stay back old man! Haven't you seen Time Cop?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Cael just sat in the doorway figitting with the clip in his pistol, dropping the clip out, slapping it back in, dropping the clip out, slapping it back in, his eyes weren't focused on anything in particular but he was looking out into whatever the grey was. He didn't even care that Stephen was about to try and fly this thing.
OOC,Rolled my Initiative before, think it was 19. Also what rewards were you talking about? We get something because we moved to a new chapter?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image Image

Sarah rushes to the younger Lionel's side when she sees her father fall in pain. The pretty blonde nurse wears a green fleece overcoat, and she carries a paramedic's kit strapped to her waist and a sack of some sort in a harness on her back. Her eyes are red-rimmed, and she has obviously been doing a lot of crying recently, but there is also a strength within her. She has clearly been through hell, but she remains unbroken. The same cannot be said for the older version of Lionel, who is about as broken as someone can get. There is a glint of madness in his eyes, but also an enduring love for Sarah. He is moving toward his younger self.
For when the round starts,Sorry I went ahead and posted my characters' actions without realizing we weren't supposed to do anything yet. I'll save the text here so I can use it later when the round actually does start. In the meantime, the players shouldn't read it yet. [b]Sarah[/b]'s initiative is 21. Older [b]Lionel[/b]'s initiative is 18. Younger [b]Lionel[/b]'s initiative doesn't matter, as he cannot act. DO NOT READ YET! [spoiler]The older [b]Lionel[/b] suddenly turns on the younger one as he lies helpless on the floor of the helicopter. A scalpel is in his hand, and he lunges at the other [b]Lionel[/b], but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2042752/]in his maddened state he misses badly[/url]. [color=#00BF00]"Daddy, no!"[/color] cries [b]Sarah[/b]. She doesn't understand why her father's older self is attacking his younger self, but she knows she has to protect him without harming either of them. She whips out her mace in her right hand and her knife in her left in a blur of motion. She [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2034790/]sprays[/url] the older [b]Lionel[/b] in the face. He falls in a quivering, twitching heap to the floor, where [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2034796/]he will remain for a very long time indeed[/url]. [color=#00BF00]"Nobody hurt him!"[/color] [color=gray]"[b]Sarah[/b], no, you don't understand..."[/color] moans the older [b]Lionel[/b]. [color=gray]"I have to..."[/color] The younger [b]Lionel[/b] writhes in agony.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes initiative.
Last edited by kabukiman on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nobody should be reading that yet. I shouldn't have even posted it. Please edit your post above and pretend you didn't see it. You need to roll initiative for [b]Agnes[/b] (DEX+1d10) before anything can actually happen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald stands up and tries to put himself between the two Lionels.

I said stay back old man!
ooc,Ronald has a strength of 9 so he won't be able to put up much resistance! lol
ooc,Ronald's Init is 18 rolled in the OOC thread
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That hasn't actually happened yet, and you're not supposed to read the text in the spoiler button that says "DO NOT READ YET!" :P Anyway, older [b]Lionel[/b] has only 8 STR. His initiative is also 18. Nothing has actually occurred at this point. Laraqua will let us know when we can act. We still need initiative for [b]Dahlia[/b], [b]Jill[/b], [b]Charlie[/b], and [b]Louie[/b] (if he came with us).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

He is moving toward his younger self.
ooc,Sorry Handy... I was talking about Time cop and warning crazy Lionel to not come near younger Lionel before you even mentioned that you were approaching. Then when you said the above quotaion I though a second warning sounded good. I never even read the spoiler until your next post when you said don't read it... Does it not make sense for Ronald to do what he did? I'll take it back if you want though... It's no worries....
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, that's okay, it does make sense. I'd forgotten that I had mentioned that at the end of the non-spoiler part of the post.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

OC Sorry, forgot about little Dahlia....her init roll is a 1 so add dex 12 she is sitting at 13. Probably last.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

OCC: Charlie's ini = 18
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jill kneels down in front of the two little girls as she tries to buckle them in to the helicopter, unaware of what might be about to happen. "You're both healthy..."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

OC I've lost track of where we're at...can u post something of whereabouts, and what is going on. There has been too much banter of what's happening for me to tell. Are we back in the chopper or still on the roof?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,We left the roof a long time ago. The helicopter flew to the library, and we've been communicating indirectly with the people in the other realities. All of us got into the helicopter (including them) because it looked like it was about to take off. Once the characters in the other realities entered the chopper, all of us found ourselves in the same reality and able to interact freely with each other. Now all of the characters are together. Oh, and [b]Louie[/b]'s with us too. Imme hasn't been on the board for a few days, so I'll go ahead and post [b]Sarah[/b]'s action. Then it's [b]Daniel[/b]'s turn (also on 21), and then [b]Brianna[/b] goes on 20.

Sarah rushes to the side of the fallen, younger Lionel. He looks just as she had remembered seeing him this morning, only his head and shoulder have been bandaged and his clothes look worse for the wear. "Daddy!" she cries, kneeling beside him as he writhes in agony. She holds him steady and starts to examine him, trying to figure out what is happening to him and how she can help him. "It's okay, Daddy. I'm here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Daniel continues to sit a little too stiffly in his chair.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna waves her hands desperately in front of Daniel's face. "DANIEL!!!!" She shouts, then shakes his shoulder. "Why is he just sitting there all spacey like that?" She asks Dahlia, or perhaps no one, as it seems more like a statement than something she expects an answer to.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Man... I'm lost. i want to jump right back in this, but I got no clue what's going on. What are our goals and what's happening? lol maybe if someone who is on top of it could make a quick recap pm. The last thing I remember, Brianna was aging rapidly and Ronald was being very awkward about it.

Where's Louie... I remember loving to hate that mal adjusted janitor.

What did we learn from the alternate reality conversations.

Weren't we about to have a fight or something? Not that Ronald would fight. he hasn't harmed a soul since day 1 of Ash. He's a motivational singer for sick children for gosh sake. :)

Someone please explain and then I'll dive right back into this game. I miss my puppet! lol
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Right now all of us are in the helicopter (including [b]Louie[/b]), but it's still in the ground. Nothing major has happened yet, but we're in a combat round acting in Initiative order. [b]Cael[/b] goes next, on 19. Then it's [b]Ronald[/b]'s turn, then [b]Charles[/b], and then the older version of [b]Lionel[/b]. Don't worry if you're confused; our characters ought to be confused too. [b]Brianna[/b] is a few years older than she had been when you saw her disappear - she's about 12-13, but she's not aging any further. The versions of [b]Daniel[/b] and [b]Annie[/b] that are here are also a few years older than you remember them. There are actually two [b]Lionels[/b]: one a few years older and completely insane, and the other just as you remember him, lying on the floor of the helicopter in agony while [b]Sarah[/b] tries to help him. As for what we learned and what we should be doing, the characters from the other realities (Normal World and Home Front) did most of the learning. We do know that those characters found a book in the library that [b]Louie[/b] had been looking for. We're gradually coming to realize that all three worlds are equally unreal, and that there's a fourth world, a real one, behind all of them. We're supposed to be searching for something (or someone), but we're not sure what. The only relevant places we have leads on are some house somewhere and the hospital where it all started. Someone will need to poke the other players and let them know the game's back on, as I don't think they're aware of it. So far we've got the two of us and Kabukiman (who plays [b]Agnes[/b]). We need Andrew ([b]Cael[/b]), SuAside ([b]Charles[/b]), Trixie ([b]Brianna[/b] and [b]Dahlia[/b]), Imme ([b]Jill[/b]) and Piano man ([b]Louie[/b]).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Thanks for the info, now it seems much more clear.

Return to “Chapter Three”