Home Front: Lionel and Agnes

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Home Front: Lionel and Agnes

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We've hardly seen any of it yet," says Lionel as he walks along with her. "I'm sure there are some interesting books here." He scans the shelves, getting a good feel for how the library is organized as he looks around for other people. He searches for books that have anything to do with time travel and the phenomena they witnessed when Ronald and Brianna disappeared.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"It is... And it is you who are out of place," says a loud male voice a row of shelves behind them.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes look to the voice and says:
-I beg your pardon?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Out of place? thinks Lionel. More like out of time. Perhaps this man is from my time as well if he reacts that way to Agnes's dress. Surely Ronald, Brianna, and I weren't the only ones who were sent back. "Please lower your voice, young man," says Lionel softly, walking around the row of shelves to get a look at him. "This is a library, you know. I'm Dr. Lionel Carpenter. Who might you be, sir?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is no one behind the row of shelves.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Where did they go?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Dr. Carpenter? It's me Louie....the janitor. Is Sara here? Is she ok? What's going on? What are you doing here."

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-You know him? Your from the future too? Where are you?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"So the past..." says another man's voice. A man who is not Louie. "All we needed. "And I'm really past caring this being a library. I'll make whatever goddamn noise I want to." he says loudly, but then trails off mumbling "This madness has to end."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Louie works at Mercy Cross," Lionel explains to Agnes, looking around for the source of the voices. "Louie." His voice is a mix of conflicting emotions. "We're here to meet a couple of friends of ours. Sarah isn't here, though I wish she were. She is okay, as much as anyone can be okay considering the state of the world. She was evacuated from the hospital along with a child named Dahlia and a child welfare worker named Aidan and taken to a military base of some sort. I only hope the soldiers can keep her safe while she keeps them healthy. I understand that I have you to thank for saving her life, but Brianna and Ronald also told me what you did to them. It's hard to believe that the same person could have been responsible for both. And there is a need for silence beyond this being a library. There's a war on right now, and the classified matters we need to discuss must not be overheard by those without the clearance to know about them. Best not to call attention to oneself, and to choose one's words carefully in case they are heard. I can hear your voices, but I don't see you. Where are you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes describes the shelf where they are.
-Please speak in a low tone to avoid any attention. If anyone hear 3 male voices and only see one man, he may suspect of something...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ronald and Brianna they are ok? Oh heavens say it is so. Louie pauses choosing his words wisely. It is a long story Lionel...one that I will gladly tell, but now is not the time. Let me tell you this though. If I hadn't done what I did, they would have both been killed. The people that I turned on were not a forgiving type, and Brianna killed one of them. I don't expect them to understand, but I love them both, and I did what I had to do. The important thing is we are both on the same side, and I think we are both here for the same book. The people I used to associate with knew about this book and I've come for answers.

"There hasn't been a war 'outside' for over half a century. Not a real one anyway." the other man sighs "In normal circumstances, I'd tell you that you're a raving lunatic, but given what's happened... My best guess is that you're in another time, space, universe, dimension, brainfart, whatever."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I have a feeling we all are," says Lionel, moving toward the sound of the voices in the hopes of finding Louie and the other man. "Ronald and Brianna were okay the last time I saw them, Louie, but they almost weren't. If it hadn't been for some quick thinking and action on my part, and a healthy dose of luck, it might have turned out differently. They've left recently, and I'm not sure where they went, but I believe they've gone back to where we came from. I don't yet understand why you've done what you have, but you did rescue Sarah. I know there's good within you, and I owe you a debt I can never repay. I haven't come here looking for any particular book, but to look for two new friends who told us to meet them at the library. I presume they meant this one. We have a golden opportunity now to stop this group you used to belong to once and for all, before it can cause many deaths it otherwise would. We've been fumbling about in the dark, but you have knowledge about its inner workings and base of operations that we couldn't get anywhere else. This book sounds like it's important too. I've never been to this library before, but I do know my way around a set of stacks. Perhaps I can help locate it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-If you are talking of the war against the germans, you are correct, we are in war against them- says Agnes to the other voice.
-This is 1941. What's the name of the book? The book may have be stolen in your time, but in mine he should be probably be still here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I thought they must have come back too, like I did," says Lionel. "The transition was seamless. I was in the cinema lobby, and I heard the German bombers flying overhead. I told Jennifer, the young lady who worked there, to douse the lights, and the next second I was in the middle of an air raid. That's when I met Daniel Scott, a young A.R.P. warden, who dug me out from under the rubble where I was pinned. I also met his friend Annie, a volunteer who was helping him. It's the two of them that we are hoping to meet here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Enter the other Chapter Three thread.

Return to “Chapter Three”