And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The powder!" cries Sarah, grabbing her sack and dousing Blackworth - or what's left of him - with some of the powder, which gets all over him without any of it missing. "Use the powder!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

Dahlia squeals in horror and backs away from Blackworth slowly.

The thing! It's got him now! How can we save him! It's the monster in the ash...it won't let him go!
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The powder might get rid of it and set him free!" says Sarah. "Throw some of it at him!"
OOC,[b]Dahlia[/b] still has seven doses of powder left in her bag. [b]Sarah[/b] now has five after the one she just threw. There are six other full bags of powder held by various characters. Laraqua, did the powder have any effect? If so, we're all going to need to roll Sanity again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald is so scared and with nowhere left to run he grows weak in the knees and vomits.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I believe [b]Ronald[/b] does have a sack of powder, by the way. Of course, that won't help him if he lacks the backbone to use it. :P
Image Image

The two Lionels try to ignore the chaos aruund them, continuing to sing and to focus on becoming one. He no longer thinks of himself as "they." He knows he has to pull himself together so that he can continue to live and be there for Sarah, and nothing else matters to him at the moment.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Blackworth's flesh bubbles as the powder bit into him. His eyes escape the sockets in a thick black ash that pours free and gushes toward Dahlia.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah's relief when the monster leaves Daniel's body turns to horror when she sees it going after Dahlia. "No!" she screams, trying to interpose herself between it and Dahlia. "Get away from her, you BITCH!" In desperation, she pours the entire contents of her sack on the eyes in the ash, causing significant damage to them. "Pour some powder on her too!"
OOC,I strongly suggest that everyone else who has a sack of powder uses it now (particularly [b]Dahlia[/b], but don't forget that [b]Cael[/b], [b]Ronald[/b], and [b]Brianna[/b] have it too, as do [b]Annie[/b] and [b]Phil[/b]. [b]Daniel[/b] has a sack too that someone who doesn't have one might be able to pick up, but I'm not sure if there's enough time to also fling some. Someone pouring powder on [b]Dahlia[/b] as a precaution to keep it off of her would be helpful too. I'm not sure if [b]Sarah[/b] is actually able to get between the eyes and [b]Dahlia[/b], as both of us are strapped in and I'm not sure where we're sitting in relation to each other. Do we all need to roll Sanity for seeing the powder work?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Probabably it's better to put powder in everyone to avoid that the monster enters one of us
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Unfortunately, we don't have enough powder to do that. There are far more characters than we have sacks of powder. Our best bet is to cover whoever is targeted (i.e., [b]Dahlia[/b]) while the rest of us who are able try to attack with the powder.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Ok!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald grabs Brianna by the shoulders and moves her away from the group into the back of the helicopter trying to usher her away from the black Ash.

Somebody land this crazy whirly-bird so we can get the H-E- Double Hockey Sticks out of here!
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Um, the helicopter is currently in flight. If you step out of the door, you'll do a faceplunge into the streets of London if you're lucky or into the Thames if you're not. In light of that, you should probably reconsider your action. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,I thought I read it had not yet taken off somewhere. Oops.. OK... I modified my post. Thanks Handy
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

Charlie doesn't understand what he's seeing. His mind basically shuts down to protect his sanity. He simply sits there, staring blankly in front of him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Blackworth jerks around to face Cael, Blackworth's head flopped to one side like his neck's broken, as the ash rips open his throat and chest. He lunges forward as though jerked on invisible strings, flesh stripping from the fingers, the bones sharpening an edge like claws. He lashes out with one such hand, striking across Cael's throat, narrowly missing a major artery.

OOC: Cael must roll under Stamina x 5 to continue controlling the helicopter while being attacked. Everyone may post when ready as there's a good chance that we've lost a few players. I will wait until all posts are in before I respond. If there are any contradictory actions, then the player with greater initiative is assumed to go first.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Welcome back! 8-) Before I post my action, what happened to the eyeballs that were heading for [b]Dahlia[/b] when I doused them with powder?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The effects of Sarah's attack with the powder is immediate. The eyes turn to misty vapor and even the ash itself seems to disappear, leaving a trail of free and unsullied air. Where the dust lands, the ash sizzles, leaving streaked ground beneath it. Strangely, the floor seems brighter and cleaner where the ash has landed. It's still damaged and dirty but the contrast is incredible.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Andrew »

OOC: I don't see Stamina on my character sheet. Is it Conx5? I'll roll that hoping that's it as I don't want to slow things down.
1d100 → [66] = (66) I needed a 70 or lower.

Cael's hand instantly shot to his throat as he did his best to keep the bird up one handed. If it were a smaller chopper it might not have been so difficult but being the attack chopper that it was it was like flying a freight train. "Someone get this fucker away from me or we're all dead!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Sorry, been playing WoD too long. Constitution is correct. You're fine. You can keep flying it while injured for the remainder so long as you don't get hit again.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image Image

Sarah has no time to relax after saving Dahlia, as now the ash appears to have turned Blackworth into one of those zombies. She winces when he slashes Cael, dropping her now-empty sack. She recalls the sickle-like blade that he had found and given her which seemed to have some power over the zombies, and she whips it out and holds it up, thrusting it in Blackworth's direction. In her left hand she holds her combat knife, ready to use it if the blade doesn't work, though she'd much rather have more powder. It had done a lot of damage to the monster already. "Stop!" she commands. "Back off!! Aidan, get your blade out too. And we need more sacks of powder up here, everyone! Daddy, keep up what you're doing. We've got this one!"

The Lionels each held one of Brianna's hands and continued singing Big Rock Candy Mountain, maintaining his concentration and confident in Sarah's abilities.
OOC,If this doesn't work, can I still attack? Can I take a sack of powder from someone? You may need to PM the other players, and some waiting will probably be needed. At this time of year DSIGFUSS is buried in raspberries, but once that's over I'd hope he'd be back. Trixie has been gone for a few weeks, but I can't see her staying away, and if we're really lucky she'll bring Piano man back to reprise his role as [b]Louie[/b]. SuAside has been away for a couple of weeks too. Imme seems to have left the boards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter Three”