Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image Image

"My...head..." moans the younger Lionel in response to Aidan's question about where it hurts. Sarah helps Aidan move him gently into a seat and strap him in while Charlie deals with the older Lionel.

"Hang in there, Daddy," says Sarah. "I'm here. Thank you, Aidan and Agnes." She places a hand on her father's forehead as she sits down next to him and straps herself in too. "Someone needs to close that door, but be careful." She examines him carefully, knowing that, while Agnes and Aidan can help, she is the one with the best medical skills here - other than Lionel himself, but neither one of him is going to be of much aid. She can't help but remember finding her mother lying on the floor when she was little and being unable to save her, but now she has the knowledge and training she needs, and she is determined to succeed as she tries to figure out what's wrong with him and how she might treat it. "I saved you before, and I'll do it again."

"Sarah, please don't let me die," sobs the older Lionel, tears streaming down his cheeks from the mace and drool dribbling from his lips.

"I won't, Daddy. I love you so much, and I'm going to save both of you and find a way to make you whole again. Trust me."

"I do, Sarah...I love you too...I know you can do it..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes tried her best to see what was wrong with Lionel.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Andrew »

Cael nodded an affirmative to Stephen. It was rather difficult to see and that was never good when flying anything. "Think we can trust the instrument panel at least? I know this bird isn't state of the art but if we have to fly completely blind it'd be nice to know we can trust our panel."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"I don't really know if we have a choice," said Stephen.

Between Agnes and Sarah's efforts, all they seemed able to do was position Lionel so that he wasn't in so much pain. Perhaps some decent pain killers could help but at the moment, his pain seems to have no actual, legitimate cause.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image Image

"This isn't making any sense," says Sarah. "You should be healthy, Daddy. You're burning up, and your eyes are bloodshot with constricted pupils, and your skin is dry, but there doesn't seem to be a medical reason for it. It has to be because the other you is here. Maybe if we could separate you."

"No good," muttered the older Lionel from across the helicopter. "Too late for that. I could never bear to be apart from you again anyway, Sarah."

"Maybe there's another me out there somewhere too, but I've never heard of anything like this. Well, if we can't separate you, we have to join you. Brianna, please try to remember how you did it. That happened after our mind-meld, so I have no way of knowing. Daddy, try to concentrate on becoming one and joining with your other self." Sarah squeezes the younger Lionel's hand.

"I'm...trying..." he managed, focusing his will on fusing with his other self. This situation was alien to him as well.

"Both of you."

"I'm trying too," said the other Lionel, as he too concentrated on becoming one with himself. He also had no further knowledge.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-But remember, with Brianna, one of them disapeared. Will the same happen here?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Probably," says Sarah. "He may be permanently older like Brianna is, but I can't see any other choice. I can't think of anything else we can do for him other than some painkillers." She roots through her medical supplies looking for something that will help ease her father's pain.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-That is so strange. I mean, they are two differente persons even if the same and one will vanish.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sarah finds some decent pain killers. They should provide some temporary relief from any natural physical problems. It's unknown whether they'll help Lionel in his current condition. Still, they're better than nothing.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald almost shits himself when Charlie points the gun at him. He pauses mid-girly slap before being thrown away from Louie. He quickly straps himself into the helicopter but not before ensuring Brianna is safe and strapped in as well.

Ronald can't bare to look at Louie without crying so he doesn't. His mood perks suddenly, however, when he notices Agnes.

"Look Brianna! It's Agnes!" Nervously Ronald lifts Brianna's hand in the air and in his best Grover voice calls over to Agnes waiving Brianna's hand furiously trying to make someone smile.

He then stops the waving and looks curiously towards Blackworth.

What the H-E- double hockey sticks is that humming?

Hi Agnes! Hi Agnes! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Hello Ronald! I'm glad your well! I was very worried since the way you vanished...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image Image

"It was freaky seeing him appear in front of us," says Sarah as she administers the proper dosage of painkillers. "It was Brianna who brought him - the older Brianna. The younger Brianna hadn't known that she was the one who had taken him away, and it really hurt her to lose him. Then later she brought her younger self the same way, and they merged into one person."

The younger Lionel smiles weakly and tries to wave at Ronald and Brianna. "I...missed...you..." he manages.

"Brianna is able to...do amazing things. I don't know how, but I wish I did. Brianna, please try to remember how you did it. I don't know if there's anything else I can do for him. And somebody please close the bloody door."

"So far it's not working," says the older Lionel, still trying to mentally join with his other self and helpless from the mace. "Please, Sarah, I'm dying! Brianna...maybe you're the only one who can do it. Maybe you have to do to me what you did to yourself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Louie had been standing there, at a loss for himself, but he manages to stumble over to the door and pull it along its rail until it was shut. Then, without speaking, he goes over to one of the seats, belts himself in, and doesn't speak. He just stares at his hands.

Blackworth's humming gets louder. It seems completely off-key and there's absolutely no rhythm to it.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Louie," says Sarah. She glances over at Annie. "Do you know why Daniel's humming like that? Is he all right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald crosses his arms and rolls his eyes. Being a flaming motivational children's singer, Ronald wasn't used to sarcasm but he thought he'd try it on for size.

Yeah thanks Louie.... Way to close the door! Yaaay for janitors!

Ronald shakes his head and turns his attention back to Sarah and the others. He holds Brianna's hand a little too tightly as he holds in his anger for Louie.

Umm! I don't know what you want from Brianna, but you can just keep those Lionel's away from her. I love the old man. I really do, past and present... but Brianna's had a long day. You can't expect her to do anything but sleep and cry as far as I'm concerned. I'm not letting anyone put her in danger again. You got that everyone!

Ronald looks around the chopper and tries his gayest to act tough. He quickly averts his eyes when they meet with Charlie. Guns and threats made him very nervous... He finishes off his near-tough stare with Louie and thinks dastardly thoughts. Mostly about puppets mind you... but nasty thoughts nonetheless.

Damn you Louie...Damn you....
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Louie seems to be staring at the floor throughout this. He says nothing.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald considers lunging at Louie again but remembers Charlie's gun. He sharts just the tiniest bit in his pants before giving up the thought and returns his attention to Agnes, Sarah and the Lionels.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

"Ronald....I need to help Lionel! What do you mean 'leave him alone'...he could die!" Brianna howls, "I don't remember Lionel...I really don't. The only reason I got back was because I missed Ronald so much. " She looked dubious for a moment and her eyes flickered over the group. "Try to remember something from then...like connect the two times in your brain maybe..."

Brianna's eyes roam over Louie's and she can feel her face going red when she hears Ronald talking about her. If only he knew how much she'd like to kick Louie in the place that hurts boys MOST....but she knew better than to try it with Sarah on the watch. How could he leave her in the basement
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald pats Brianna on the back.

Yeah! maybe if they both concentrate on the same memory or something. Something they both shared, young and old. If the Lionels can focus long enough on one thing... I bet that would work.

C'mon Old man. Remember that time in the bomb shelter. I tried so hard to cheer everyone up..... Brianna rememebr the song about the Belugas.

Ronald pulls out his Banjo and plucks a few cords and looks around the helicopter.

If you know the words you can join in gang! Even you Louie...

Damn you Louie!

Ronald picks up his banjo and begins...

Baby beluga in the deep blue sea,
Swim so wild and you swim so free.
Heaven above and the sea below,
And a little white whale on the go.

Baby beluga, baby beluga,
Is the water warm? Is your mama home,
With you so happy?

Way down yonder where the dolphins play,
Where you dive and splash all day,
Waves roll in and the waves roll out.
See the water squirting out of your spout.

Everybody!

Ronald pauses for effect waiting for anyone to join him. He looks at the two Lionels, hoping for some sign that the shared memory might kick in.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

Brianna sings along as well,

Baby beluga, oo baby beluga...

She giggles. Weren't we just singing this song yesterday?

"Do you remember Lionel?"
She whispers, before taking up the song again.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments

Return to “Chapter Three”