Moderator: Laraqua

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: And All Join Hands, As You Are The Damned

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
Rolled an 11 for Sanity loss. No idea what I need to do for an Idea roll.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Roll 1d100. Your Idea score is 55 (INT x 5). You want to fail this roll, though, so you want to get 56 or higher. If you do, you're fine (other than the loss of 11 Sanity). If you succeed at the roll, you go temporarily insane.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
1d100=60Depending on how you look at it... Rolled over the 55. Although a pilot full of people in his bird gone temporarily insane could have been fun as all hell! ;)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

Spoiler:
So true, so true. Still, a dent to psyche and that's a fact. All right, with the main threat gone you may come out of Initiative and do what you need to do.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

Spoiler:
So true, so true. Still, a dent to psyche and that's a fact. All right, with the main threat gone you may come out of Initiative and do what you need to do.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Dahlia!" cries Sarah. She puts her blades away, gently picks up the girl, and sits with her in her lap, hugging her tight. "It's okay, sweetie, it's over now thanks to you. You were so brave, Dahlia, and I'm so very proud of you. You did it!" Her reassuring words help put Dahlia at ease. "It might have been better if you'd stayed in your seat to do it, but I can make it all better. Agnes, Jill, please see what you can do for Cael and Ronald. I'll be over to help when I can." Sarah expertly puts ointment on Dahlia's cuts and bruises, applies an ice pack, and generally makes her as good as new. When she is done, she kisses Dahlia's forehead. "There, all better now." She has no idea what they just fought and defeated, but she is relieved that it is finally over. She feels an intense sorrow at the loss of Daniel and tries to think of what she could have done to prevent it, but she can't come up with anything.
OOC,Does [b]Dahlia[/b] still have the 2 damage on her from back in Chapter One, or has that since been healed? If not, I'll get that next. Also, what does [b]Lionel[/b] understand about what just happened due to his insanity?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael waves away any help, "Bugger off. Its nothing but a scratch." He takes over the main pilot's seat and looks at his co-pilot. "You ready to for this shit man? I am so looking forward to hitting the LZ except... where the hell are we going man!" Oh shit! Where am I flying to!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There are only two places showing on that laptop," says Sarah. "There's Mercy Cross Hospital, but I know a lot of us don't want to go back there, at least not without a very good reason. The other place is someone's house. I don't know anything about it, but none of us have been there and I think we should check it out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Someone's house? Man I hope they have a strong roof because landing a gunship like this is gonna freaking destroy it! I say we put a few missiles through it instead... Waaaaiit a moment." Cael stated and then paused rubbing his chin, one hand on the stick. "I'm flying a gorram gunship and... Oh yeah!" That said, Cael began flipping switches with little red safety covers on them.

Spoiler:
OOC: Remember, these gunships are huge! Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's search the house for survivors and clues first, 'kay?" says Sarah. "I know you want to nuke the site from orbit, but that won't help any. And you are hurt bad. I'll sew you back together once I'm sure the girls and Daddy are all right."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald continues to console Brianna and then calls out.

Kimminy Crickets! We're not going back to that hospital for H-E Double hockey sticks sake and if we land at the house we better leave this whirly bird running.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael turns and looks at Ronald before answering Sarah, "Don't worry Ron... I have missiles. That hospital won't stand a chance!" He then looked at Sarah and said, "I know typically blowing up the place where you met the person you fell in love with is considered bad forum but I believe in this case it might just be an expression of love." He then turned his head back around to see where he was going, grabbed a cigarette and lit it leaving it hanging from the corner of his mouth. With his right hand free he began sticking his finger into his wounds mumbling about how that weren't that bad.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

We can blow up the hospital?

Ronald thinks for a second.

What if that's where it all started? The temple in the basement... the ghosts of the children? I'm ll for it... but what if thats the only way to stop all this?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"We are sure as shit going to find out clown boy! If you want I'll even let you fire a few missiles." Cael points to the red safety covers that are in the up position and says, "All ya gotta do is flip these nice shiny chrome switches and there's roaring noise and big explosions! Hot damn its fun! Quickest way to hard on to orgasm that I know of man!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"But all those people we left in the hospital!" says Sarah. "They could still be alive in there! What about Leroy, and Joel, and the others? We can't blow them up! I doubt blowing up the hospital would solve the problem, either. That secret temple or whatever is underground. I don't know if a one-ton bomb would crack it, and we don't even have one of those. That place survived the Blitz. The Luftwaffe didn't manage to destroy it, and this gunship won't manage it either, modern though it is."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-This small machine can destroy an hospital? How is it possible?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image Image

"It carries missiles - small rockets - that can pack as much firepower as the bombs the Luftwaffe rained on London in your time," says Sarah. "I don't know if they would fully destroy the hospital, but they could do a lot of damage. It's so good to finally meet you, Agnes. We haven't been properly introduced, but I'm sure Daddy told you about me. I'm Sarah Carpenter, Lionel's daughter." She finishes treating Dahlia, leaving her good as new. She places her back in her seat and straps her in. "I'm so sorry about Daniel, but there was nothing else we could have done. He was already gone before we threw the powder at him. But he's not gone forever. There's another Daniel, a younger Daniel who hasn't experienced all these horrors and still has his wits about him, the one Daddy, Brianna, Ronald, and Agnes met during the Blitz. I have to go help the others now, Dahlia, but I'm here if you need me. I'll always be there for you, for the rest of my life." She hugs her one more time before she gets up and heads over to Brianna, tilting her chin up and smiling at her. "Hang in there, Brianna. I'm here for you too. Don't worry, we're not going back to the hospital." Then she puts her hands on the Lionels' shoulders, one on each. Both of them were still humming "Big Rock Candy Mountain" and holding Brianna's hands. "We're all right, Daddy. The threat is over now, thanks to Dahlia. Nobody's hurt too badly, and I'm putting them right. Keep pulling yourself together." However, they didn't even seem to hear her.
OOC,If [b]Dahlia[/b] wasn't back up to 7 HP before, she is now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael barfs a little in his mouth at all the "feelings" being thrown around behind him.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-I'm very pleased to meet you, Mr Lionel was always talking about you, concerned with your safety. I just regret the circunstances.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image Image

The Lionels each take hold of one of Sarah's hands with his free hand while singing the song and continuing to concentrate on becoming one. The younger Lionel isn't sure exactly what happened, but he does have some insights. The older Lionel, however, knows something more about it. When he finishes the current verse, he speaks. "That was the thing that turned everyone to ash," he says. "It did the same thing to poor Daniel. It's intelligent, and it wants to find something. It wants us to find something for it. It's using the ash to do it. The cinemaplex, across from the hospital! We were safe from the ashing wave there, when it started. No ash got inside. It couldn't find us there for some reason. I wonder why. Then I ended up in the Blitz. It spoke to my mind there, in the hospital." Then both Lionels release Sarah's hands and resume the song.

"The ash can't get into the cinema?" says Sarah. "Then maybe that's where whatever it's searching for is! No wonder it can't find it. The ash can't get in there - but we can!" She smiles at Agnes. "I wish the circumstances were better too. I know this must be confusing for you. It's been confusing for me too. Let's see how Ronald is getting on." She examines his bruises and treats them in short order. "There you go, Ronald. I know you're afraid, but you don't have to be. I was bloody terrified of everything before, and I was rubbish at everything I tried to do. I just kept running and screaming and somehow managed to stay alive because other people were protecting me. But then my fears almost got Brianna killed. I thought she did die, and it broke me. But after that I wasn't afraid any more. I couldn't afford to be. I stood up that monster that went after my father, and I saved him. I saved Dahlia, too. Remember, Brianna's counting on us." She moves to the cockpit, where Cael sits. "All right, cowboy, you're up next. No arguments."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter Three”