Chit-Chat

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

All right, so we have Mr. Handy back as Nurse Sarah and the good Doctor Lionel. Kabukiman will be returning as the delectable Agnes.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

Agnes is fine.

Ronald's insanity will last 4d10 combat rounds. I'm going with hysteria. No rolls required. It just fits too damn much. Be hysterical, yell and cry a lot.

Sarah's will last for 1d3 days but since this one won't go past a day more, we'll just go with her being insane. Since the temporary insanities are more debilitating, I've rolled for a random derangement from the indefinitely insane charts, with the proviso that it only lasts around a day. She's now amnesiac and doesn't remember anything beyond waking up as she's chosing to blot it all from her mind.

Lionel's indefinitely insane with a fetish for being alone. (random rolls on the phobia table and converted it to fetish). As that's a rather harsh one for this I'll allow you to pick either that one or the one above or below his answer: •Latrophilia: fetish toward doctors •Monophillia: fetish for being alone •Necrophillia: fetish toward dead things.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Of those, I'd pick Latrophilia. I don't think Lionel would want to be alone now that he's been reunited with Sarah. It would probably be even more fitting for his fetish to be towards her, as he can't bear being apart from her and he does depend on her for safety after she protected him. In a way, he was like this already, but not to such an extreme extent.

A successful Psychoanalysis roll can suppress temporary or indefinite insanity for a day.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Absolutely.

I'd like to mention though that it'd be cool to see mild aspects of it. Y'know, like how in Supernaturals Sam starts coping with his hallucinations though he still has them. More like someone has the strength to overcome it than that there's nothing there anymore. Having said that, that's not what the rules say so in this case I'm happy to simply go with the results of the roll.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Do you want us to keep out of the other characters' threads?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nah, that should be fine. There won't be any big secrets revealed about the characters.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be away at conventions October 31-November 3 and November 8-10, so I probably won't be able to post then. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to post between them, as I work during the week and will have little time to catch up, though I am off November 11.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

So near to the ending, let's see if we can make it....

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As I said in the absence thread. I'll be away at a convention from the afternoon of July 2 until the night of July 6. While I have a laptop and the hotel has Internet access, I probably won't have time to keep up and post until I get back, and possibly not until the night of July 7.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you, that was an awesome game! 8-) Are we now allowed to read the Ronald-only thread? Was there any way to restore the world to the way it was before, and how could it have been done?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Wow, the first game I finish as a player!
It was an amazing game, thank you for letting me be in.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

If you had committed the sacrifice, the shock of it would have unwound the devastation as it was actually a spell in progress and if left incomplete it would be unwound. Basically the water beneath the hospital caused immortality and those drowned in it could never die. The Entity beneath the city was psychic and it's psychic screams to another of it's kind, as it was buried there, could be smothered by the psychic screams of those betrayed within. Initially the cultists didn't amputate their victims, but found that allowing their victims to remain mobile could cause them to become endangered. Each new sacrifice would stun the Entity into silence but after around a decade it would resume screaming and it's screams would become loud enough to be heard over the masses of previous sacrifices.

By allowing the Greater to locate the Lesser Being through the ash (which it was using as a medium to extend its senses), you allowed the Greater to release and complete the spell and the two beings could leave. On the plus side, the waters of immortality also lose their power and all of those helpless betrayed sacrifices were finally allowed to die. Of course, everyone else who had been turned into ash or slain remained as ash.

Basically it was a Damned If You Do and Damned If You Don't moral dilemma inspired by the final choice in Project Zero 2. There is no win....

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

And sure, read away! Any and all threads are perfectly suited for reading now!

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've never played Project Zero 2, though if it's the same as the Fatal Frame series, then I have all three games, but I've only played the first one. I had a feeling it was something like that. Sarah would never have gone along with making the sacrifice. She might have allowed herself to be sacrificed if she understood that it would restore the world, but Lionel would never have allowed it, and it doesn't work if the victim is willing anyway. If the sacrifice had been completed, of course, then there'd still need to be more sacrifices to prevent the Greater from returning after a while. Also, if Brianna had been sacrificed in the beginning, the game would have ended right there.

If we had somehow brought the ash back to 1941 and poured it down the shaft in that time, would that have enabled the Greater to find and take the Lesser then, thus altering the future?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes would never agreed to such a thing. A pagan sacrifice would not be acceptable.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ronald couldn't have done it either. He might have been tempted if he had thought it would bring back Brianna, but I still don't think he could have gone through with it. Considering that we didn't know that our course of action wouldn't reset the world, we didn't know that the sacrifice would, and the nature of our characters, the decision was a no-brainer for us.

Who or what kidnapped Sarah after the helicopter crash?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It would have meant that the destruction, which wasn't quite as complete back then, would have spared more people and there would have been some re-population by the present time. It would've been very difficult to gather the right clues to get there in time, though, and returning to the past later on would find it ashen as the flow back of reality destruction would have reached that point by then.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

How could we have gotten back to 1941? Through the library? Could we get back to 1941 now, or is that door closed now that the Greater and the Lesser are gone?

Also, who or what kidnapped Sarah after the helicopter crash?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Daniel had a rite that could have proven effective, but you guys didn't get the chance to search the location properly. That door is most certainly closed, and everyone there has been devoured. Technically the creature has been released from simultaneous timelines but erupting through the modern day. The timey wimey aspect of it is meant to be pretty mind melting. There may be a few tears here and there allowing access, but no higher animal life would be around. On the plus side, such "tears" would open to static time states (i.e. always the same day) so there's a chance you could free a couple people, dogs locked up or what-not, and bring them to your time zone to help re-populate the earth. Such a story would make for a good dark science fiction campaign!

As for your kidnapper, it was very much a "what". It was what remained of Cael, trying to help, the only way he knew how which was to take her directly to the place where the sacrifices occurred before any more people on the planet were wiped out. He couldn't speak and if she'd seen him properly, used light or what not, he would have reactivated and came for her. He was lurking in a side section of that huge cellar area you guys didn't get to explore. Considering the SAN hit of seeing him, that really wouldn't have worked out well for her so it's best you skipped that part.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I had a feeling that might have been Cael. Looks like Sarah will be marrying Ronald, then. After reading his thread, I guess that Brianna won't be coming back and that the footprints we found belong to Dahlia.

Great game, again! You can move it to the Hall of Fame when you're ready, or I can after I get back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter Three”