OOC Talk

A small and decadent village in the coast, with a blasphemous secret. And sometimes, what you see is only the beginning of the horror…

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: OOC Talk

Post by Mr. Handy »

Actually, it's "Servants of Chaos" that Kabukiman wants to finish first (he's running that one, and he only wants to run one game at a time). Since Syrinx is interested in joining Pandora's Box, he's planning to continue that game first. After it concludes, then he'll be continuing Escape from Innsmouth.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Thanks. :)
I'll leave this game active then, until Kabukiman says otherwise.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Well, it's as Mr Handy is saying. As soon as I finish servant of chaos( by the way, a game from another keeper that vanished) I'l resume Pandora Box, and finally Insmouth.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Well, now what are you planning to do? Finally try to enter the place and save Manuel? Wait for the nigth?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

We're running out of time, as people are onto us. Delaying now only increases the risk, and someone might notice us leaving the area. Our best chance might be to go in now before they have more time to prepare.

What time of day is it in the game?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

You make a good point Mr.Handy but I think we made a mistake.

Whereas Alyssa wanted to wait until nightfall (something I could agree with), Luke and Bruno were struck by unhealthy doses of machismo and thought conducting this raid in broad daylight, with multiple on-lookers would be better, with info which may not be accurate or may have even changed. However, even they were starting to doubt this approach once they got there...

Also, we did not even bring the rope or any type of grapple to scale into that back window....Something your character mentioned a few times but the boys, being boys, forgot....

We look suspicious but we could feign momentary truck trouble, pop the hood, fake-fiddle and move on or even, approach one of the locals, loudly asking for directions like we are lost, hoping others around hear, and move on returning at night to conduct the operation and with the supplies we need...

Thoughts?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

*Waving*

Hi all. Taking over one Captain Luke Olsen (no relation to the twins, I hope...) with kabukiman's blessing.

Thanks for the suggestion, Pickman37.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Trying to pick through the threads, but they're a bit fragmented and scattered. I don't suppose anyone might be interested in summarizing where we are and what we're doing there for me?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

One of the members of your crew (Manuel a portuguese sailor) had win a dagger in a card game. In Arkham where the boat was, he was kidnapped by a bunch of strange persons. With the help of a journalist, you discovered that they were from a place called Innsmouth. You made a quick trip, and discovered they the locals have a strange religion, and they kidnapped him to recover the dagger (the details are still unknown). With some help, you know that he will be probably be sacrificed very soon. So, you must try to save him.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Welcome aboard ImpInTraining!

Hopefully you get the classic game fix you've been looking for and thank you to kabukiman for bringing you on board :D I was not trying to step on toes but just felt I would suggest it since Luke seemed to be a prominent character earlier and I know how hard it is to get into a classic game.

I assure you this Olsen is nothing like either the Luke or Owen we know in our day and time Lol! Anyways, he's yours to own.

Depending on if you are up for about 4 pages of reading, the plan began on Pg. 23 about halfway down in the Innsmouth thread: Alyssa and Olsen to Pg. 27, even though the last page was mostly a retreat and regroup.

To summarize, based on what we observed and the layout of Alyssa's map of the Custom's House, we plan to sneak into a back window of the building, carry on to the basement and rescue our man, Manuel, from a secret room there that he has holed himself up in. We have only observed two "fish-men" guards at the front of the building (who should, theoretically, be drunk by this time of night) and we hope, by setting off either:

A.) Fireworks, or
B.) Dynamite

...in a nearby building for a distraction (most likely done by Felix, the getaway driver), they will leave and we can conduct our activity. We do not know if there are more guards inside but we're hoping the distraction will draw them out. Anyways, we planned to act stealthily but hopefully the chaos will allow us to defend ourselves with noisy firearms inside just in case we meet resistance. We hope to grab him and get away. Variables include potential booby traps inside and there was talk of grabbing one of the guards from out front to lead us through but this has not been agreed upon as a course of action to my understanding.

Anyways, that's my interpretation of the plan. Hopefully, I have it down but please, anyone feel free to correct my concept or add on. I guess we can figure it out on the short sail :D
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ok... sounds cool, thanks for the updates. I will check out those four pages you were talking about to get the most recent back-and-forth ... and I think with everything else I've read / been told, I should be good to go.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maybe someone other than the getaway driver should set off the distraction. Felix should be waiting in the truck with the engine running so that we can get away fast. I was also thinking that a fire would make a better distraction than an explosion, which would automatically be suspicious. Fires sometimes just happen.

Alyssa is against trying to grab one of the guards. We don't want them to even know we were there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I actually thought the same thing when fireworks was mentioned. If the opponents have half a brain, they'll be like 'someone is distinctly trying to divert our attention over there.' send one person out to check it out and then double the watch on the house.

A fire, on the other hand... that's the sort of thing that demands attention. Especially if lit in the right areas with strategic intent. They may be forced to send more hands to put out the fire before it sets something more flammable alight.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I did miss something. There was some talk about Averrill. What's that all about?

As for the fire... it was mentioned that there was plenty of whiskey on board the boat. We could take some bottles and make Mai Tai cocktails as an accellerant. We could have a building ablaze a couple blocks away in practically no time with a couple well placed throws.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Sounds good fellow investigators.

ImpInTraining, we have nixed the Averills as assistance in this operation, I believe, as we don't know what they are all about and may have some kind of interest in the town that we do not understand.

As for Molotov cocktails, I believe in an earlier post by Kabukiman, they have not been invented yet (which is correct) but he would allow us to improvise. I'm not sure where this post is but either way, I agree with you and Mr.Handy about the distraction being a fire instead of the obvious fireworks or dynamite after you both presented your reasoning. I also agree with Mr. Handy about not grabbing a guard either and just taking a chance with any traps that may or may not be in the Custom's House.

As for someone other than Felix setting up the distraction, we only have Alyssa's editor and Karl. I believe Karl should stay with the boat, which leaves the editor. Unless, you need me to stay outside and do this which means Alyssa, Luke and the editor conduct the mission. Let me know what we think the personnel should be...

Thanks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As far as I can recall, Averill opposes the Marshes because they were responsible for his son's death. He is feared, so the Marshes leave him alone. However, we never went to talk to him - from what we can gather, he's not such a nice guy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Hrm... Apparently the molotov coctail was first used in or around 1936, but I'm sure people have used alcohol as accellerants far longer than that.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Hi! There was a big storm here in this last days, so I turn off my computer, didn't wanted to risk it being destroyed with some malfunction.
I don't accept a cocktail Molotov, but as alcohol as accelerator is fine for me. Just remember that whiskey is money...
Where is the point where you will all meet (truck and boat)? Near Innsmout?
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

I thought we would be meeting up at the same place we last anchored at, outside of Innsmouth.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I will draw a map and post it. But only on Friday, so we will take a hiatus for 2 days.

Return to “Escape from Innsmouth”